FAO Americans

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
How pissed of are you folks? I for one am really pissed of about what is being done with you guys at the Confederations Cup..

You guys have been treated so unfairly with those 3 red card decisions.. NONE of them were red cards!

Ricardo Clark:

Sacha Kljestan: 1:33

Bradley:

NONE of them are worthy of direct reds!

Ace

I agree. Bradley's was the worse of the lot, but that still could go either way

Lil Cee

personally i have such low expectations of Fifa that im upset but not really that pissed. say what you want about the officiating in England but when a ref gets a decision wrong, even if its debateable, the press has a field day with it and the ref is held accountable. and the FA let's you appeal straight reds. Fifa/Uefa should take note, it's a shame to see a player miss a final when we have video replay to prove their innocence. i felt just as bad for Abidal as i did for Fletch, well almost, and i doubt Bradley will ever get another chance to play in a final for his country. his dad must be gutted too, to miss the chance to coach your son in a final. he's probably dreamed of that since the day Michael was born.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
Your dreaming, the first one is clearly a red card. Watch it closely, its no accident, his tackling leg goes high, not even going for the ball. He was trying to kick the player not the ball. Red card in anyones language
2nd one he clearly takes out the players leg. Dangerous tackle, could break a leg with that

AlwaysRedwood

I think Clark is obviously a red. It's really late, hits him very high in the leg, not even attempting to get the ball.

The other two are not as clear cut.

The Bradley red is by far the worst.

But, to be honest, we are used to it. Those of you who don't follow CONCICAF would know we are often playing 12 men, especially when we travel. The officials are shocking, so this is pretty much the norm for us. We're a pretty hated nation and I think that goes into the officials heads.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
Politically hated which sometimes does translate to the sports arena. I personally admire the US football system. The game is slowly but surely developing, the college system is giving it a solid base and sometime in the next 25 years the US beating Spain wont be viewed as such a huge upset. The British and European view and arrogance with respect to US football will get shown up in the future. While Europeans and the British sneer at the MLS and US football the game in the US at ground level is doing many things very well. Snobbery will be made to look silly ojne day

Huiffe

I'm not pissed off because we're in the final but I agree that none of those are reds and I hope something similar doesn't happen in the next game. With the first one it would have been a red if his whole weight has behind it but it wasn't and only an Italian could have reacted like that to it.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
I'm stunned. Shocked. And this will only keep a coach well out-of-his-depth in a position he should never have been placed to begin with. And USSF is still ran by idiots.

Gattuso made a meal of the Clark incident and we've seen dozens of similar tackles on a weekend in England get punished with a yellow or lecture. Anyone recall Brown's stomp on Giggs in the 06/07 opener? Nothing.

I didn't agree on Kljestan's sending off either. Bradley's was horseshit. The official was setting up Spain for a late comeback and hopefully his name in the press for the sending off that changed the match around.

Spammy

Being watched; will learn to post in the correct f
Gloves are worn for traction primarily. Someone li
Your dreaming, the first one is clearly a red card. Watch it closely, its no accident, his tackling leg goes high, not even going for the ball. He was trying to kick the player not the ball. Red card in anyones language
2nd one he clearly takes out the players leg. Dangerous tackle, could break a leg with that
You haven't got a clue.

Chris H

Video Posting God
We ruined the African Champions, progressed at the expense of the World Champions, and beat the European Champions 2-0. Pissed? I'm so freaking giddy I can barely stop giggling enough to type this.

Oops, I think I just wet myself.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
I think the second one was the worst decision actually. Wasn't dangerous and there was feck all intent.

The first one was just a rubbish tackle - mistimed and completely misjudged where the ball was going - but I don't think he was going in there to hurt him at all.

The third one he went studs up and clearly had a rush of blood, no need to go in so hard when it's so late in the game, but he did get the ball and I don't think there was any real intent.

USDevil

Soldier of Fortune
We ruined the African Champions, progressed at the expense of the World Champions, and beat the European Champions 2-0. Pissed? I'm so freaking giddy I can barely stop giggling enough to type this.

Oops, I think I just wet myself.
Truth to this madness. +1

Do we really deserve to be in the final? Probably not, but it's a tournament not a one off game.

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
I think the second one was the worst decision actually. Wasn't dangerous and there was feck all intent.

The first one was just a rubbish tackle - mistimed and completely misjudged where the ball was going - but I don't think he was going in there to hurt him at all.

The third one he went studs up and clearly had a rush of blood, no need to go in so hard when it's so late in the game, but he did get the ball and I don't think there was any real intent.
I'm not sure it was a rush of blood tackle. It was mildly studs up, but it was a 50 50 ball and both were going for the ball, and he was right to go for it.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
He didn't need to go in like that though, he could've stood up and still won the tackle.

Didn't need to dive in.

jveezy

Fo' shizzle
I would like to think something would be done retroactively to correct this, but it's reached the point where I hardly expect anything anymore.

Losing Bradley for the final is going to hurt tremendously if we play Brazil.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
I would like to think something would be done retroactively to correct this, but it's reached the point where I hardly expect anything anymore.

when... not if...

If SA knock off Brazil I'd pick that as a bigger shock than the US over Spain.

jveezy

Fo' shizzle
when... not if...

If SA knock off Brazil I'd pick that as a bigger shock than the US over Spain.
I was thinking about that too, but I just figured nothing is for certain now after the US miraculously advanced to the semis and then even more miraculously took down the European champs. Your comparison makes sense though, but yes, I would definitely consider South Africa to be a worse team than the US so it's definitely a bigger upset.

Still strange things have been happening and at this point I'm not willing to rule anything out.

mboRa ndomHer0723

He didn't need to go in like that though, he could've stood up and still won the tackle.

Didn't need to dive in.
Bradley dives in a lot when he doesn't need to. He has been improving this lately. It seems to happen more at the end of games.

Yes, losing Bradley will suck.

How are these players overall in getting reds in their career?
I know Klejstan has the past two years
Bradley and Clark not so sure about.

Cali Red

I'm not going to complain too much about Clarks. He was very late and came in about knee high. Bad bad challenge. However, I do think Gattuso made more of it than it was. Notice on the replay how he goes to ground, rolls over looking for the ref? Still, can't really complain that much.

I think both of Bradleys were pretty much bad calls. Especially the one today. IMO though he probably needed a break. The squad looked knackered after about 60 minutes today. Benny should have good legs. He offers more going forward but less defending. Too bad he'll be out.

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
I'm not going to complain too much about Clarks. He was very late and came in about knee high. Bad bad challenge. However, I do think Gattuso made more of it than it was. Notice on the replay how he goes to ground, rolls over looking for the ref? Still, can't really complain that much.

I think both of Bradleys were pretty much bad calls. Especially the one today. IMO though he probably needed a break. The squad looked knackered after about 60 minutes today. Benny should have good legs. He offers more going forward but less defending. Too bad he'll be out.
Bullshit you do not rest one of your best players in a Cup Final.. If you are saying that to soften the blow mentally its a different matter.. But when fit Bradley is absolutely essential to the U.S and will play the entire 90 mins..

Fishbone

I think Clark's is a red. Kleisten's is not so clear. But there's no way Bradley's tackle is a red.

beergod

It doesn't surprise me anymore. The level of refereeing isn't the greatest and players get away with terrible challenges in MLS and these tackles get punished harshly in the international game. Our players are making it hard on themselves and they should know they aren't going to get any favors from international referees.

Shaydee

Gattuso himself said Clark's should not have been a red card.

from the USA's official team blog.
http://mnt-ussoccer.blogspot.com/2009/06/clark-suspension-stays-at-one-game.html

The FIFA Disciplinary Committee ruled today that Ricardo Clark will only serve a one-match ban following his sending off against Italy. The U.S. team submitted an appeal on Clark's behalf, which included statements from Italian players - including Gattuso - saying they thought the foul only deserved a yellow card. Clark will now be available for the final group match against Egypt.

pbrown

It doesn't surprise me anymore. The level of refereeing isn't the greatest and players get away with terrible challenges in MLS and these tackles get punished harshly in the international game. Our players are making it hard on themselves and they should know they aren't going to get any favors from international referees.
I think you are on to something here other then Badley who should know better with his overseas experience the other 2 play in the MLS and the refs suck and the players do get a pass their play. Unfortunately they will not in the international area and is has cost us especially in the Italy game which I believe the US could have one.

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
With America 2-0 up I am totally expecting a few more American players to get sent off wrongly!

No but seriously lads its time to fecking celebrate..

Alex

With America 2-0 up I am totally expecting a few more American players to get sent off wrongly!

No but seriously lads its time to fecking celebrate..
I'll be shocked if the US doesnt have a player sent off

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
Well done to the Americans.. I hope to see a good successful run in the World Cup next year..

The game's not ever yet!
Take the liberty to kill yourself will you?

VP

Well done to the Americans.. I hope to see a good successful run in the World Cup next year..
The last thing football needs is for the yanks to become good at it.