FAO Mark Noble

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
De Gea had been a long run of not saving penalties.
Such a good feeling

:lol:
I was thinking after the match that I’d love for De Gea to explain exactly what he approach was for the penalty. Did he pick a side and give himself a ~50% chance? Did he have the stats on Noble before hand and use that? Did he read his run up and pick the side then?

RUCK4444

I was thinking after the match that I’d love for De Gea to explain exactly what he approach was for the penalty. Did he pick a side and give himself a ~50% chance? Did he have the stats on Noble before hand and use that? Did he read his run up and pick the side then?
On MOTD they had an extended interview (or at least a different one than Sky Sports had) with DeGea and he touched on it.

He said the instant he saw the ball hit Luke's hand he was mentally preparing for a penalty, that he saw Rice holding the ball and saw Noble come off the bench, I'm pretty sure he said he was aware of him being a good penalty taker and I think he said he picked a side and committed (or words to that effect.)

I was fully expecting it to go in with DeGea's recent record on penalties. I thought back and could literally only remember him saving an RVP pen when we beat them 8-2 and I think I remembered that one because I was there. He must of saved a few since that one mind, though I can't remember them.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
On MOTD they had an extended interview (or at least a different one than Sky Sports had) with DeGea and he touched on it.

He said the instant he saw the ball hit Luke's hand he was mentally preparing for a penalty, that he saw Rice holding the ball and saw Noble come off the bench, I'm pretty sure he said he was aware of him being a good penalty taker and I think he said he picked a side and committed (or words to that effect.)

I was fully expecting it to go in with DeGea's recent record on penalties. I thought back and could literally only remember him saving an RVP pen when we beat them 8-2 and I think I remembered that one because I was there. He must of saved a few since that one mind, though I can't remember them.
Ah brilliant thanks for that! I missed that, I had a feeling it was a bit of a YOLO “don’t over think it” just a big dive and roll the dice.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Didn’t DdG save a pen against Palace last season but it was retaken, or am I making this up?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Honestly feels like every season he barely plays unless it's against Utd. Like they save him up for us.

Incredibly sweet to see him miss in that fashion :lol:

Hephaestus

Was Shaw running to De Gea or the front post then? :lol:
Think he was running to thank De Gea for saving his bacon, then he remembered the game was still going.

Also, just noticed how no United player was trying to get a possible rebound, I assume because not one of them thought for a second De Gea could save it. Thank god the save went away from any West Ham player.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
I swear I've seen him for ages. Feels like he's been around since 2005. Moyes' trump card now.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Also, just noticed how no United player was trying to get a possible rebound, I assume because not one of them thought for a second De Gea could save it. Thank god the save went away from any West Ham player.

Lanzini, Rice and Yarmolenko were all encroaching so if any of them had touched the ball it would've been a free kick to United. Likewise Sancho and Shaw were encroaching so if one of them had touched it then the penalty would've been retaken. Thankfully Lingz picked up the rebound and he wasn't encroaching.

Sancho needs to be kept far away from any kind of penalty situations :nervous:

jetlee

Just retire, mate, You are pathetic.
Honestly he is 3 phases behind with every interception. Lucky for him that Moss is even slower.

HJ12

1 of 2 players I cannot stand watching given the crap they get away with...the other being Fernandinho.
Cannot wait for them both to retire.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
So glad he didn’t score there. Twat.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Got a little dig in at Utd, saying that he told Lingard off for the diving when he pulled his shorts. "Lingard never used to dive like that at our place but now he's doing it".

What's he saying about what they teach at Utd? Naughty comment. :)

Acole9

Outstanding
I know he's retiring at the end of the season but he should just pack it in now. He's embarrassing, could barely keep up with the pace of the game yesterday and just resorted to fouling players. Reminds me a bit of Gary Neville before he decided to call it a day.

Strats

He’s an absolute wanker. Despise him

Won’t surprise me if he goes into punditry and is insufferable

lsd

The Oracle
After all the stick he got can't see how people can get all hurt that he is giving some back now.