FAO UK Fans: The Manchester United 'Brand'

PSingh

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Hi Everyone,

I am a current student at Manchester Metropolitan University, studying sports marketing and for my dissertation I am researching the brand loyalty of Manchester United fans. The official title of the project is Tribalism: What are the factors influencing the brand loyalty of Manchester United fans in the UK?

I have created a survey, approximately takes around 10 minutes to complete. The survey can be found here: https://mmu.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/tribalism-what-are-the-factors-influencing-the-brand-loya

I would really appreciate any data I am able to collect, I'm looking forward to reading some really interesting responses from fellow Reds.
Thanks.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
I'm less loyal to the United brand than I am to avoiding brands that are associated with other teams. During the Hicks and Gillette years at Liverpool I refused to shave. I also refuse to purchase Samsung products if I can help it.

Blatzo

I completed it for you. Good luck with your research.

Blatzo

I'm less loyal to the United brand than I am to avoiding brands that are associated with other teams. During the Hicks and Gillette years at Liverpool I refused to shave. I also refuse to purchase Samsung products if I can help it.
I tend to agree with this - I'm more likely to avoid a product that is a sponsor of a rival than I am to use a product that is one of our sponsors

Cliche Guevara

Ha ha - a man after my own heart!

Prodigal7

I tend to buy certain United sponsored products. But only if the advertisement for them makes me laugh or stands out. For example, I brought the Caste Diablo (forget the actual name) when I saw it because I laughed at how stupid Rooney sounded when he said "they say eez a leginddd". Otherwise it makes no difference to me.

If this is of any interest; Being a United fan was awkward for a long time, as I use to work for Marsh (Aons rival and the only other global broking house). I'd wear Aon branded United stuff and my work did not appreciate it. That made me stop buying United clothing.

WhoDaGOAT

I tend to agree with this - I'm more likely to avoid a product that is a sponsor of a rival than I am to use a product that is one of our sponsors
I couldn't give one feck about who sponsors who. If I see a nice pair of New balance runners, I'm not going to turn my nose up at them just because Liverpool are sponsored by them.

I prefer Nike over Adidas. I always have. United being sponsored by Adidas hasn't changed that.

PSingh

Filling it out now.

I completed it for you. Good luck with your research.
Cheers, really appreciate it!

I have a permanent ban on using Nivea products because of the stupid adverts with Lallana and Coutinho

pascell

I already wore quite a few Adidas products before we signed with them, but now all I seem to wear to the gym are Adidas products. For me they're much more stylish and a better fit than what Nike offer.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I refuse to drink Carslberg, but mostly because it tastes like piss.

Samsung don't sponsor Chelsea anymore do they?

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
Just about to finish. But with quesiton 14, it would have made sense to have 'Occasionally' as an answer because I generally don't unless it's a big game.

PSingh

Just about to finish. But with quesiton 14, it would have made sense to have 'Occasionally' as an answer because I generally don't unless it's a big game.
Cheers, for the feedback I will make a note of it when analysing

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Yeah sorry, forgot to mention in the OP the study is focused on UK based fans.
I've edited the title just so people know and you hopefully don't get the wrong people taking it!

I'll fill it out in a little bit too.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
I started filling it out and was like "oh wait a minute...FeelsBadMan"
Damn, I like filling out surveys too
There are services on the internet which pay you to fill out surveys, true story.

Monetize your hobby.

PSingh

I've edited the title just so people know and you hopefully don't get the wrong people taking it!

I'll fill it out in a little bit too.
Thanks, really appreciate it.

D J Dog Toffee

Done.

I usually help out with dissertation research as mine is coming up later this year and I figure I'll need to bank all the positive karma I can. :-)

Done. Hope you don't care that I dont live in the UK anymore :)

PSingh

Done.

I usually help out with dissertation research as mine is coming up later this year and I figure I'll need to bank all the positive karma I can. :-)
Filled it out, good luck with your dissertation!
Done, best of luck mate.
Done. Hope you don't care that I dont live in the UK anymore :)
Thanks! I've got some really good responses.

Cliche Guevara

I refuse to drink Carslberg, but mostly because it tastes like piss.

Samsung don't sponsor Chelsea anymore do they?
I refuse to Fly Emirates!

Well, they refuse to fly from Dundee so I mostly fly Easy Jet. If they start sponsoring Liverpool I won't get to go anywhere anymore.

I couldn't give one feck about who sponsors who. If I see a nice pair of New balance runners, I'm not going to turn my nose up at them just because Liverpool are sponsored by them.

I prefer Nike over Adidas. I always have. United being sponsored by Adidas hasn't changed that.
I always thought that but I started wearing Adidas around the time they started sponsoring us. Nike just seem to be too interested in neon leggings lately.

I do refuse to use Standard Chartered on the basis of their Liverpool sponsorship.