g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Far-right terrorism shootings in Germany

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Pity how some people's first move os to blame immigration for Nazis being Nazis.
Far-right politicians in Belgium already blaming mass immigration and disruption of the communities for this. Fecking despicable.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Far-right politicians in Belgium already blaming mass immigration and disruption of the communities for this. Fecking despicable.
It’s literally exactly what the terrorist hoped to achieve.

“Look how upset these people are, we need to change things”

How about feck off we need to educate better.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Guardian still going with the headline 'far right gunman' even when Merkel has come out and said it was a right wing maniac with racist motives.

Funny how when it's a white person he's a 'gunman' but when he is brown he's a terrorist. Wonder when the day will be when we get the headline 'Muslim knife welding samurai attacks crowd' rather than 'Muslim terrorist'.

Expected better from guardian.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
Alright then the problem is the far right and people like you who take their lunacy serious, not EU immigration policy.

Glad we cleared that up.
You need to be less aggressive and try to disagree more agreeably. I felt your response was unnecessarily aggressive right off the bat.

Abizzz

You need to be less aggressive and try to disagree more agreeably. I felt your response was unnecessarily aggressive right off the bat.
If people had been a bit more aggressive towards those spouting bull shit about the EU in the past we might be in a better place today. I shouldn't have made it personal though.

Grinner

Staff
Supports
Arsenal
If people had been a bit more aggressive towards those spouting bull shit about the EU in the past we might be in a better place. I shouldn't have made it personal though.
I understand but we need to hear all arguments. I think that poster lives in Italy where the migrant crisis is very obvious as is the rise of right-wing populism. There's a lot to this issue that we all need to figure out.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Could we rename the thread? Shooting sounds like multiple parties attacking each other. This was a terror attack and nothing else.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I understand but we need to hear all arguments. I think that poster lives in Italy where the migrant crisis is very obvious as is the rise of right-wing populism. There's a lot to this issue that we all need to figure out.
Which is ironic because the EU "migration policy" was to help Italy, Greece and Malta under the principle of solidarity. He really shouldn't have made that comment.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
It's awful how people have been subtly conditioned to not say (or think) 'Terrorist' when it's a far-right / white Terrorist...
Generally I’d agree with you. But in this case it might simply be a matter of the information available at the time. When the thread was opened, we didn’t really know anything about what happened. Now we do and we should change the name.

Grinner

Staff
Supports
Arsenal
Which is ironic because the EU "migration policy" was to help Italy, Greece and Malta under the principle of solidarity. He really shouldn't have made that comment.

It was ok to say it and then have posters ask for clarification.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
People like me? You can feck off with that.

You had better take their lunacy seriously when they kill 9 people on a shooting rampage. It doesn't matter whether EU immigration policy really did cause issues or not, what matters and what needs addressing is that that's what these people think. Putting your fingers in your ears and hoping it goes away isn't going to stop it.
It matters quite a lot in terms of the appropriate actions to take to resolve the problem. If it is the perception and not the policy that caused this, then significant changes to the policy would send the wrong message on multiple dimensions. It's also just a little bit disingenuous to imply the response to right wing extremism and racism has been to just hope it goes away.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Generally I’d agree with you. But in this case it might simply be a matter of the information available at the time. When the thread was opened, we didn’t really know anything about what happened. Now we do and we should change the name.
At the time of posting the thread the story was breaking with few details.
My point isn't limited to the titling of this thread though... it's pervasive throughout all Western media.

But, yeah, obviously change the title of this thread...!