Fat Premier League Team vs National League Team

Ajr

Probably no longer under surveillance
If a mid table premier league team did not train for one month (No training at all) and only ate junk food, would they beat a team comprised of the best players from the national league?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Depends on whether you build a team of players who rely on their physical attributes or a team of players who play the game in their head.

IrishBlue1

Supports
Everton
If a mid table premier league team did not train for one month (No training at all) and only ate junk food, would they beat a team comprised of the best players from the national league?
Sounds like the Everton team under Ancelotti according to reports.

RedRover

I think they would more often than not. Even if you ate rubbish for a month, you've had years of fitness, added to your superior talent, I think they'd win.

My brother plays semi-pro at a decent level in the North East. I watched him play another local side in the cup a few years ago and their left back was an at best average ex-pro for my local side Hartlepool, who I regularly watch (League 2). He absolutely dominated the game from left back. Best player on the pitch. It's all about levels and reading the game I think. The PL players would just be that much quicker moving the ball, less touches, more accurate passing etc.

As an aside, Hartlepool went up from the National League last year with two lads upfront, who've both now left, who scored plenty but who hadn't previously in League 2. That tells you a lot I think.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Change it to 3/6 months

It’s still probably yes, but closer

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I know it's a joke thread but i'm gonna give a serious answer :lol:

Fat bastards run out of uninjured players by half time. National League team wins by default

Tony Babangida

------------------Southall------------------
----------------? -- ? -- ? -- ?----------------
---------Anderson -- Ruddock---------
Maradona ------------------- Adriano
--------Viduka --------Ronaldo----------

hard to find a fat back four.

Red Stone

Puskas is the first name on the team sheet for Fat Bastards XI.

redrobed

Arsenal would loose (probably even as they are without the whole ‘getting fat’ thing). Anyone else and it would be an easy win for the Premier League team (unless you told Tottenham the winner gets a trophy)