Favourite teams from each country

pigface

Supports
Atlanta United
England: United. Born a Red, Sir Matt Busby was a cousin.
Spain: mewh, none.
Germany: Dortmund, love the Westfallen yellow wall or Regenburg Kickers, love the city.
Italy: Torino, read about their own tragedy back in the day.
France: Paris FC
USA: Tampa Bay Mutiny (more recent home town team now a defunct MLS franchise )

Netherlands: PSV
Scotland: Partick ThistleThistle (Home towntown club)
Norway: Molde (Solksjaer)

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
England: United. Born a Red, Sir Matt Busby was a cousin.
Spain: mewh, none.
Germany: Dortmund, love the Westfallen yellow wall or Regenburg Kickers, love the city.
Italy: Torino, read about their own tragedy back in the day.
France: Paris FC
USA: Tampa Bay Mutiny (more recent home town team now a defunct MLS franchise )
Netherlands: PSV
Scotland: Partick ThistleThistle (Home towntown club)
Norway: Molde (Solksjaer)
Do you only have a stutter in Scotland?

Distracted Steward

England: Manchester United

I always pick a promoted underdog each year.

Spain: Athletic Bilbao. I'd like Barça if they weren't so high and mighty about everything.
Germany: Dortmund
Italy: Juventus if it weren't for the scandal.
France: PSG for their long, rich and storied history.
USA: Sporting KC.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
England: United

Spain: Barcelona back in the 90s, lost interest in the 00s, regaining interest now with the more direct play. Used to have some respect for Real, not any more.

Germany:
I used to like Werder Bremen in the 70s (no idea why, was a kid and it was the only European footie available). Once Serie A got to our screens in the 80s I only ever watched Bundesliga to see Köln (Littbarski). Then never again with any regularity. Have always had a lasting and remarkable respect for Bayern Munich but it didn't stop me laughing my head off on 26 May.

Italy:
Juve 82-85 (Platini-Boniek), Napoli 85-90 (D'oh!), Inter 87-95 (the Germans as opposed to the Dutch for some reason, then Ruben Sosa). I never gave a shit about any one team thereafter, I still have good memories of Juve and Inter but not reaally a soft sppot any more.

France:
Couldn't care less. Used to like St. Etienne back in the day and looked out for Racing Matra/Marseille games in the late 80s (Francescoli). Only ever got to see them in European competitions though.

USA:
Really?

In South America: Peñarol since I was a kid, Boca at times although I have a lot more respect for River (weird, I know), Flamengo and Sao Paulo.

Only team I actually care about losing a game is United though.

Aussie_Red_Devil

Spain: I'll admit I've watched a few Real sociadad games to see how Moyes is doing so I'll go with them
Germany: FC Köln just cause I liked the city
Italy: Roma
France: anyone not PSG
USA: no idea

caid

Its as much about time as the country.
I used to watch milan a lot and really liked them when weah and boban were playing for them. I dont really give a rats ass about them these days though.
I'd watch the odd game by dortmund in recent years and barcelona a few years before

I dont know, i find spain a bit boring tbh.
The el classico should be good but theres so much cheating and everyone involved just being whiny babies that its usually a crap match.
I tend to watch them in the champions league only these days. They play against teams that have a reasonable chance of beating them and football gets played.
Atletico are a hard team to like too.

The german league has its moments but bayern need more competition and the same with the italian league and juventus.
I dont think it would be what it was even with Milan and Inter getting their shit together though.

There was a time when i watched a lot of football and quite liked PSV for instance but i dont even see all of Uniteds matches these days.

choiboyx012

Carrick>Hargreaves
England: Manchester United
Argentina: Boca Jrs- Riquelme, Palacio, Palermo.
Mexico: Chivas
Brasil: Santos and Flamengo
Spain: No one really. Whatever underdog team challenging the big 2. Real slightly more than Barca.
Germany: No one
Holland: PSV- Ruud and Park. I liked the team that went out to AC Milan in the semis when park was there
Italy: Inter Milan- I liked their shirts and their south american players. Zanetti, adriano, cambiasso, samuel, julio cesar, maicon
USA: LA Galaxy

Pentagruel

Netherlands: Feyenoord, born in Rotterdam, will always be a Feyenoord fan.

England: United, big fan of Robin van Persie initially and have grown to the club.

Spain: Barcelona, Dutch football, the best there ever was, beautiful to watch... Just transcendent in every respect.

Germany: Bayern Munich: one of my favorite active players there in Arjen Robben. Also a big fan of Pep.

USA: NY Red Bulls, as I live in NY and I liked Thierry Henry there. Fun stadium too near the ironbound in NJ.

AtlMuppet

Spain: Valencia
Germany: Anyone but Bayern
Italy: Juventus (Del Piero, Nedved and Buffon), also have a soft spot for Roma (Totti)
France: Monaco
USA: Atlanta Silverbacks

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
England: Swansea City
Germany: couldn't care less - any danger of having a title race?
Italy: Juventus
Australia: Brisbane Roar (local team)
Spain: Barça obviously, but I have a soft spot for Villarreal.
Netherlands: Ajax Amsterdam - Cruyff, the football the promote, their academy, would like to see Frank de Boer do well as a manager.

Jayvin

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Spain: Cadiz
Germany: Don't care
Italy: Inter
France: Don't care
USA: Don't care

Cadiz because of Championship Manager and Inter because I liked their shirt and Vieri was one of my favourite players when I was younger.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
England: United obvious
Spain: Real Madrid just because they're the most likely to stop Barca winning things
Germany: Schalke if anyone
Italy: AC Milan in the old days of Maldini, but don't really follow it now
France: Anyone but PSG
Portugal: Sporting
Brazil: Sao Paulo, first Brazilian team I ever saw live
Japan: Kashima Antlers, first Japanese team ever saw live
I suppose your Real Madrid love is down to Ronaldo? If he and Madrid are successful, less Ballon D'ors for Messi.

NM

England: United obviously. Only team that was always on TV when I was growing up
Spain: Used to be Barcelona because of Rivaldo and Ronaldinho, but switched to Atletico and Real Sociedad in the mid 2000s. Still not sure why.
Germany: No favorite - like Borussia Dortmund due to the yellow kit
Italy: Used to love Inter before they became dominant due to Calciopoli. Like them again now.
France: Used to follow Monaco before they became a sugar daddy club
USA: Philadelphia Union as I'm from Philly

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
England - Manchester United
Italy - Juventus.
Rest - Don't care.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
England: Man Utd
Spain: N/a
Germany: Dortmund
Italy: N/a
France: N/a
USA: LA Galaxy, but also like the Sounders

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Question for those who like Dortmund: did the Dortmund following start before Klopp, or during Klopp's era?

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
For me it was during Klopps reign. it's from watching the team and their fans that got me interested. Would love to catch a game there cos the atmosphere looks amazing.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Spain: Barca/Valencia (since their UCL exploits under Cuper wasn't it?)/ Depor (for the same reason :drool: - Valeron/Tristan) & Bilbao - recently, since they destroyed us.
Germany: Dortmund - Chapuisat, Ricken :drool: (also liked Bayern since our epic encounters in the UCL - though their domination has slightly deterred me a bit).
Italy: Juve - liked them from around 1999 - after all those epic/classic matches between us and them
France: No one - followed PSG when they were fairly shite and Lyon dominated. Don't like money bags PSG just dominating the league
USA:
No one - if I had to pick, I'll go for Beckham's new Miami franchise.