g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Film Favourite Tom Hanks film

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Forest Gump.

We need an rvn

going by what movie I liked best of his I'd have to go with Forest Gump. Not forgetting the voice over in the Toy Story sagas - Woody = Tom Hanks. But absolutely love so many of the movies he's been in that I'd happily watch them if they're on tv. Big, Splash, Road to Perdition, Saving private ryan, sleepless in Seattle, Green Mile, Apollo 13, castaway, saving private ryan...all brilliant movies

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
going by what movie I liked best of his I'd have to go with Forest Gump. Not forgetting the voice over in the Toy Story sagas - Woody = Tom Hanks. But absolutely love so many of the movies he's been in that I'd happily watch them if they're on tv. Big, Splash, Road to Perdition, Saving private ryan, sleepless in Seattle, Green Mile, Apollo 13, castaway, saving private ryan...all brilliant movies
Spoiler alert? FFS...

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
He must be the hollywood actor with the longest list of boring films he starred in. I bet there's not a single sane person in the world who saw all his films. Not even his wife. He also seems like the kind of guy who only does missionary. I don't like his face.

I think you're onto something here, he's an avatar for the loss of conscious and critical thought. It explains how people can so gullibly swallow the conservative propaganda piece that is Gump.
:lol:

People always want to find things that aren't there.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
My favourite actor.
My favourite film with him in it is Catch me if You can.
Although the whole Toy Story series is great.
I'd give a mention to The Terminal though. He played his part very well in that

Andy_Cole

Not one person has mentioned but my favourite is The Terminal. I know it’s not the best, but just loved this movie.

GeorgieBoy

Not one person has mentioned but my favourite is The Terminal. I know it’s not the best, but just loved this movie.
The Terminal was fantastic. Probably helps that I have an odd obsession with airports. Love them.
Castaway also a classic.
Unpopular opinion but I enjoyed Polar Express too. Nice Christmas film.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
The Green Mile for me - Oh and I loved The Burbs but its been years since Ive seen it.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
He’s a good actor but he’s no Otm Shank.

SirAF

Ageist
Forrest Gump, Cast Away and Catch me if you Can.

Edit 1: It’s Cast SPACE Away, folks!

Edit 2: feck me, I never knew about The Burbs. Sounds like a hoot!

Last edited:

We need an rvn

just hit me how probably underappreciated he is given what he's done for the industry and us as normal folk. When people mention Pacino / Di Niro / Brando people rave to the ends of the world about them. It's almost as if you never had a proper gangster / Vietnam war film you're not on their level. But this guy has done soooo many good movies and brings joy to the heart I wish he was appreciated more. Really like this guy!

Bit like Iniesta though when people have just realised he's won bollock all individual awards whilst Messi and Ronaldo clean up yet Messi would have achieved a % of what he has without Iniesta. A silent genius in a way.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
Forrest Gump, probably.

Catch Me If You Can, Cast Away, Philadelphia, Saving Private Ryan, Green Mile, all excellent.

dbryan

Castaway and Apollo 13 for me. Both top films that I have rewatched recently in the last couple of months and still hold up today.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Very few mentions of Philadelphia here - is it any good? Never seen it, but he got an Oscar for it at least.

Member 39557

Forrest Gump, Cast Away and Catch me if you Can.

Edit 1: It’s Cast SPACE Away, folks!

Edit 2: feck me, I never knew about The Burbs. Sounds like a hoot!
You're dead to me.

Watch it now!

Kag

A great actor in (generally) great, watchable not-up-their-arse films. I like Tom Hanks.

Jericholyte2

I really liked him in Saving Mr. Banks.

But in terms of his best I would have Road to Perdition, Catch Me If You Can, Philadelphia and, a hugely underrated film, Charlie Wilson's War.

FWIW I have always wanted him to go 180 on type and play Lex Luther! Be the charming Hanks in public but pure evil underneath.

Gazza

Anyone mentioned Splash yet? It’s probably rubbish to watch now but when I was younger I really wanted mermaids to be real after that