g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Film Favourite Tom Hanks film

Member 39557

His career has spanned several decades and several genres.

What's your best Hanks film?

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Forrest Gump still probably my number one.

Philadelphia, Sleepless in Seattle all good.

Saving Private Ryan, The Green Mile, Philadelphia and Sleepless in Seattle I also enjoyed.

Hell, he's a great actor, so he's made a lot of movies I enjoyed.

Oldyella

Yeah, Forrest Gump here too. Gave it a rewatch a few weeks ago and it really holds up.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Hmmm difficult. Like asking me to choose my favourite bread. I mean they're all inoffensive but it's not the reason I ever buy the sandwich.

Member 39557

He is always good. I don't think he's appeared in any of my absolute favourite films, but a lot of his films are very good.

Hmmm difficult. Like asking me to choose my favourite bread. I mean they're all inoffensive but it's not the reason I ever buy the sandwich.
I get where you're coming from.

He's generally solid in whatever he chooses to do, but it would be nice to see him do something to rev things up like McConnaughey did with Killer Joe.

Last edited by a moderator:

Minimalist

Castaway if you're struggling to sleep (actually love the film but it's perfect for dozing off).

Forrest Gump, but hes been in so many great films. One of the few actors that makes you forget who you're watching.

muller

The Polar Express?

Joking, although my kids love that film.

Forest Gump will always be one of my favourite films. Jen-knee.

Member 39557

I think my favourite is The Burbs, closely followed by Catch Me If You Can.

Oaencha

Don’t know if I could choose just one but possibly Cast Away. Used to love Big and Money Pit when I was a kid as well.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Forrest Gump and Castaway.

I also think his acting at the end of Captain Phillips when he's being treated by the medic is amazing.

Twins

"Everybody loves a golden shower"
Forrest Gump, but hes been in so many great films. One of the few actors that makes you forget who you're watching.
Agreed he is pretty forgettable.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Really? I never got that impression in anything he’s been in in the past couple decades or so. You get pulled out of the film once you hear his voice.

Maybe in the eighties when he was the anonymous average Joe, which is why he’s so popular in the first place.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Shout out for Charlie Wilson's War.