FC Barcelona vs. Manchester United

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Problem was. In some regards the pen in the 1st minute destroyed any chances of getting anything from the ref. From that point onwards we got very, very little from him.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Problem was. In some regards the pen in the 1st minute destroyed any chances of getting anything from the ref. From that point onwards we got very, very little from him.
Everytime our player was fouled, he called it. It was the same with Barcelona players. He basically called every fould that he could have called, it was annoying but hadn't he done that, you'd have even more reason to moan.

The second penalty was debatable. Ronaldo fell down very easily and I think he could have stayed on feet - very much like Eto'o in the second half when Rio tackled him. Then Evra's tackle on Iniesta was equally controversial, he didn't get the ball. Point is, you rarely see referees blowing the whistle in such situations. The last foul on Ronaldo was never a penalty, he wanted to fall down there and that's what he did.

Jake

Mine's too big and gay.
Haha, so much attack in both sides to end like that. I rather bet that score for Liverpool against Chelsea.

When you have Ronaldo, Rooney and Tevez in one side and Etoo, Messi and Henry in the other there is no way you will see a 0-0 score after 90 mins.
:lol:

Classy Cannon

Left Back <font face="Arial"color="White"> in the
What a load of bollox...that's most of the posts in this thread, not the performance. OK we sat back & played to hit them on the break, Vidic was out & Hargeaves at RB FFS (and we've got the small matter of the renties away at the weekend)!

They've thrown everything they've got at us & not scored, & in the last 20 mins they were dead on their feet. Messi, Etoo, Bojan, Terry Henry, Iniesta, Deco, Xavi etc; they all had their chances tonight & they blew it. They can go 2-0 up at OT & we'll still score 3 in the second half.

OK it wasn't nice watching Utd defend all night, but they'll see the real Utd at OT & it will blow them away. At no point tonight did we have our best midfield & front 3 on the pitch, next week will be different - feckin bring it on!!

We're gonna win the double boys & all you stupid cnuts slagging off the team tonight can come back to this thread (when I resurrect it) & eat shit & die.

FOREVER & EVER WE'LL FOLLOW THE BOYS!!

Classy Cannon

Left Back <font face="Arial"color="White"> in the
Everytime our player was fouled, he called it. It was the same with Barcelona players. He basically called every fould that he could have called, it was annoying but hadn't he done that, you'd have even more reason to moan.

The second penalty was debatable. Ronaldo fell down very easily and I think he could have stayed on feet - very much like Eto'o in the second half when Rio tackled him. Then Evra's tackle on Iniesta was equally controversial, he didn't get the ball. Point is, you rarely see referees blowing the whistle in such situations. The last foul on Ronaldo was never a penalty, he wanted to fall down there and that's what he did.

I agree, apart from the foul on Ronaldo it was from behind, he went straight through him - deffo pen, but we were never going to get it.

giggs-beckham

Clueless
If someone had posted this team before the match everyone wouldve laughed, including me!

ronaldo tevez

park scholes rooney

carrick

evra brown ferdinand hargreaves

vds​

Canuckred64

Don't know what say about that performance.

The makeshift defence played well, Evra contained Messi as well as anyone could and Ferdinand had a great game but not much in the way of attacking football. United stood back, defended in numbers and let Barcelona come at them, everything that pisses me off when teams do that to United.

We soaked up everything that Barcelona could throw at us and Barcelona couldn't break the defence down. But how the hell we got out of there 0-0, I don't know? Barcelona were dangerous around the box, and all those free kicks just outside the box, but I don't think Van der Sar really had any thing difficult to handle. Maybe United got lucky that some of Barcelona's players weren't match fit, but my God their finishing was atrocious.

Seemed that strategy was to stop Barcelona from scoring and hopefully score on the counter. I don't think I can remember the last time United had 35% of the possession, at times it looked like a training session with Barcelona attacking and United defending.

Not happy at all with the way they played but 0-0 with the second leg at home, is better than having to go away 0-0 for the return leg. With Vidic back and Rooney maybe a little healthy, the ties still United's to lose. Playing at home we should be more offensive minded and if Barcelona couldn't score at home against a makeshift defence, I can't see them scoring at Old Trafford.

REd FUn DevIl

|----------------------------------|--------Park????
|----------------------------------|
|------Scholes Tevez Carrick -------|
|Evra Brown Rooney Rio Hargreaves |
| --------------Vds --------------- |
-----------------------------------|

Something like that?
This sums up the whole game. It was painful to watch. Dont know what Fergie got in mind but this was just pathetic. We never tried to attack them and defend for 90 mins is like russian roulette.

giggs-beckham

Clueless
Why were we scared of them we are united. why do we have to look on these teams as 'the mighty barcelona' bollox were the best theam in the world its time we started believing and playing like it.