FC Bayern 16/17 discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
where he can play for a decent Bundesliga club at some point.
I'm more thinking in terms of "low- to mid-level Prem club that is willing to transfer 25+mil for a decent player that played in the league before"

Like Shaq 2.0 but without Inter as the middle man.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
You talked about "years". And thats what i mean: while we have new players coming out, you dont. But it is ok, seems that Hoeness was false with his critic of the Bayern youth.
We had Kroos, Alaba, Badstuber, Müller coming out a year before Götze. Since then there wasn't much at your club. Durm is far behind in the pecking order, same goes for Pulisic who has fallen behind all the bought in talent.
So, that leaves you with Passlack for "we have players coming out".

slig

Leave Klopp alone!!!
Supports
BVB 09
I'm more thinking in terms of "low- to mid-level Prem club that is willing to transfer 25+mil for a decent player that played in the league before"
Yeah that could be one idea behind that: If he is really really great Bayern got him, if not, you will ever find a PL team who pay a stupid amount of money, cause its "a Bayern player with PL experience" and still not old...

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München

Like Shaq 2.0 but without Inter as the middle man.
Yeah that could be one idea behind that: If he is really really great Bayern got him, if not, you will ever find a PL team who pay a stupid amount of money, cause its "a Bayern player with PL experience" and still not old...
I refuse to believe that's the reasoning behind buying him, even if it were to happen like that in the future.

Shaqiri wasn't bought to be sold, but because we saw him as a serious candidate for the succession in our aging Robbery attack. And it's not like he wasn't pretty good for a season, before he overdosed on protein bars or whatever the feck it is he did.

Similarly with Gnabry, I have to believe that IF these rumours are ture, someone at Bayern sees him indeed as potentially a very good future player, maybe a German NT player, and accordingly made the decision to sign him.
I just can't shake the feeling the chance he turns out to be anywhere good enough is slim. Not that I have a clue about scouting players.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
I refuse to believe that's the reasoning behind buying him, even if it were to happen like that in the future.

Shaqiri wasn't bought to be sold, but because we saw him as a serious candidate for the succession in our aging Robbery attack. And it's not like he wasn't pretty good for a season, before he overdosed on protein bars or whatever the feck it is he did.

Similarly with Gnabry, I have to believe that IF these rumours are ture, someone at Bayern sees him indeed as potentially a very good future player, maybe a German NT player, and accordingly made the decision to sign him.
I just can't shake the feeling the chance he turns out to be anywhere good enough is slim. Not that I have a clue about scouting players.
I told ya it's weird...

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
Now, it's not just Sky Sports and some rural barn postille near Bremen claiming the Gnabry move to happen, but 'kicker-informations' too..
Apparently it's 8m €.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
It's a riskless gamble for us. 8m ain't much, and he's definitely good enough to play for a decent BuLi club. Maybe he makes the next step, and becomes indeed a real option for us. Maybe not, then we can sell him off to some other club without losing money.

slig

Leave Klopp alone!!!
Supports
BVB 09
you forgot to mention Bittencourt, Hofmann, Langerrak, Jojic and a few others :lol:
What is this for a post? Only Hofmann, Bittencourt counts, they came out of our youth. And you got a lot of these players, too. Weiser maybe is the best one of them, but you also got players like Gaudino or Hoijlberg who are really mediocre. Btw: Clubs,yours and mine, can be proud and say "mission accomplished" when things happen like a Weiser is a good Buli player for a team, or in our case Bittencourt or Dudziak are Buli players after the education in our academy. But the output of Bayern in all of these (players for the first top team, normal Buli players) is lesser than they want in the last years. And Hoeness said he will take care of the academy cause it has to be better...

slig

Leave Klopp alone!!!
Supports
BVB 09
Now, it's not just Sky Sports and some rural barn postille near Bremen claiming the Gnabry move to happen, but 'kicker-informations' too..
Apparently it's 8m €.
Would have though that its not so much. Anyway, no risk buisness for Bayern.

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
It's a riskless gamble for us. 8m ain't much, and he's definitely good enough to play for a decent BuLi club. Maybe he makes the next step, and becomes indeed a real option for us. Maybe not, then we can sell him off to some other club without losing money.
Is he though? Why would you say that? Because he scored 6 goals at the Olympics, 2 of which against Fidji? That doesn't mean anything. Nothing. And in the final for example I thought he wasn't very good.

Fact is he's not getting any game time at Arsenal, was loaned out to West Brom where he didn't even make the squad often enough.
Whether that's down to a Pulis bias against creativity or not is another question. What is not in question is that he didn't play much.

I wonder where suddenly the conviction is coming from that Gnabry is anywhere near a player ready to play at Bundesliga level.

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
I was exaggerating when I said he 'didn't play much'. After checking I should say he didn't play at all.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
Is he though? Why would you say that? Because he scored 6 goals at the Olympics, 2 of which against Fidji? That doesn't mean anything. Nothing. And in the final for example I thought he wasn't very good.
The overall level of quality at the Olympics was pretty decent, and our team definitely had solid mid-table BuLi quality.
Gnabry has a pretty good technique and physique, don't see why he shouldn't be good enough. I liked what I've seen from him in Brazil, his passing range surprised me apart from the goals.
Heidel said 17 out 18 clubs were at least thinking about him, so obviously, I'm not alone.

Xivon

Supports
Bayern Munich
So no Gnabry for Bayern next year? Just read that Bremen want to buy them semselves.

Zoo

Pulis didn't think that Gnabry was fit enough. His loan was cut short in January.

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
Heidel said 17 out 18 clubs were at least thinking about him, so obviously, I'm not alone.
Yes, true, you're right then. I meant rather in the sense of a starting player/intergral performer.
I can't imagine 17 of 18 BuLi clubs look at him as an immediate improvement to the first team, rather as a player with perspective for them.

I just feel we shouldn't sign players that, at 21 no less -not like he's still a little kid-, have the perspective to be good for midtable Bundesliga, without having any kind of track record.

Bernerr

Supports
Bayern
Woud be happy if we pass on him. Think his numbers at the olympics really dont represent his performance proper. Struggeld with controlling the ball a lot, lots of wrong decisions in the closing zone and his passing has a lot of room to improve as well. Reminded me more of Müller with being one of the worst on the pitch and still scoring in every game. Also the level of the olympics in my oppionion is not that high. There were a lot of good prospects in the german team i´d rather have (klostermann, süle, meyer, brandt, goretzka, toljan) than gnabry.

Yes he is just 21 and sure he will improve when he will get minutes on a weekly base but cant see him develop into a player who hast the quality to play useful minutes for Bayern. Go to a medicore bundesliga team and try to get a starter should be his plan, he can go to a team which offers international football if he does well for a couple of seasons.

Blackwidow

What is this for a post? Only Hofmann, Bittencourt counts, they came out of our youth. And you got a lot of these players, too. Weiser maybe is the best one of them, but you also got players like Gaudino or Hoijlberg who are really mediocre. Btw: Clubs,yours and mine, can be proud and say "mission accomplished" when things happen like a Weiser is a good Buli player for a team, or in our case Bittencourt or Dudziak are Buli players after the education in our academy. But the output of Bayern in all of these (players for the first top team, normal Buli players) is lesser than they want in the last years. And Hoeness said he will take care of the academy cause it has to be better...
Bayern's U17 and U19 beat a couple of EPL teams in the preparation and are right now flawlessly leading the Bundesliga's South/Southwest - they beat Hoffenheim who was Champion in both leagues last season by 4:2 and 5:2 on their ground. It seems there is something coming - even if you cannot say if there is the special player with it it needs to break through.

Some forgot Soriano and Sansone (who started playing for Bayern with about 5) who transferred out of Bayern's U21 to Italy and now for 14 and 15 million EUR to Villarreal.

In my eyes you can maybe plan the good Bundesliga player with a good work and youth scouting - you cannot plan if that guy excels to greater highs as that is not only made with talent and training. I think to get so many homegrown players since 2000 in the real high category of players is exceptional.

Zippy20

Supports
Hertha BSC
Gnabry will go to Werder. Baumann wouldn't talk about him so clearly, if it wouldn't be almost done. His father even told a newspaper that he is "confused" now, so that means, he didn't know what he was talking about.

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
"Münchner Merkur" is reporting a rumour that FCB have an option on him for 2017. Quite confusing. If its a done deal, why all this hide-and-seek stuff.
kicker had something similar packed suggestively in their last item from yesterday, saying a transfer to Bayern at a later date "would not be surprising", the Bayern involvement "might have been more than a just a rumour", but there might be "an elegant construct" to the deal from which "both clubs might profit".

http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/...l_baumanns-coup_wir-wollen-gnabry-kaufen.html

That sounds like they're implying some kind of first option.
But also, it sounds like they, or their sources, might be trying to save face since the transfer to Bayern thing, after being pretty suddenly, widely and forcefully reported, turned out to be wrong.
I'm glad either way.

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
Yep. So this kicker article claims to explain "how the deal goes down" but it's still pretty nebulous if you ask me.

So Bremen buy him for 5-6m €, yet Bayern have "access" to him after a year, while "accounting for" that transfer fee ("..steht gerade für..") ?

What the hell is that supposed to mean? We have a option to buy him next summer, for the same amount Bremen paid for him now? Why the hell would Bremen do something like that? That means they have all the risk.
Or are we ALREADY paying the fee while on paper Bremen acquire him? I don't get it.

PedroMendez

Acolyte
I don´t really care. He´ll never be good enough for bayern but he is also not expensive. Dunno why bayern got involved at all, but I just chose to ignore it.

Last edited:

slig

Leave Klopp alone!!!
Supports
BVB 09
Yep. So this kicker article claims to explain "how the deal goes down" but it's still pretty nebulous if you ask me.

So Bremen buy him for 5-6m €, yet Bayern have "access" to him after a year, while "accounting for" that transfer fee ("..steht gerade für..") ?

What the hell is that supposed to mean? We have a option to buy him next summer, for the same amount Bremen paid for him now? Why the hell would Bremen do something like that? That means they have all the risk.
Or are we ALREADY paying the fee while on paper Bremen acquire him? I don't get it.
It is basicly a loan. Bayern pays the fee, and get him after one year. So yes, your last sentence/question is right.

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
It is basicly a loan. Bayern pays the fee, and get him after one year. So yes, your last sentence/question is right.
How do you know that, exactly? The reports aren't really conclusive, if they are even accurate. And why would Baumann then give a press conference stating that Bayern have nothing to do with the deal?
Let's just wait and see. Guess on the whole I'm similarly dispassionate about that affair as @PedroMendez though.

Zippy20

Supports
Hertha BSC
Maybe it is a simple clause in Gnabrys contract, which gives him the opportunity to go to Bayern after one year (if they would want him then)? Then it wouldn't be a contract or agreement with Bayern, but with the player himself.

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München
Maybe it is a simple clause in Gnabrys contract, which gives him the opportunity to go to Bayern after one year (if they would want him then)? Then it wouldn't be a contract or agreement with Bayern, but with the player himself.
How do you know that, exactly? The reports aren't really conclusive, if they are even accurate. And why would Baumann then give a press conference stating that Bayern have nothing to do with the deal?
Let's just wait and see. Guess on the whole I'm similarly dispassionate about that affair as @PedroMendez though.
The reports say now: Bayern pays the transfer fee, for Bremen. In return, they have an option on him next year.

That is not how Bayern usually operates.

Lagger

Supports
FC Bayern
What surprises me more is how much people care about this young man. I hope he develops into a proper football player that is worth all this attention. :)

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
What surprises me more is how much people care about this young man. I hope he develops into a proper football player that is worth all this attention. :)
We've been deprived of proper summer muppetry this year with our transfers getting sorted so early. :(

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
We've been deprived of proper summer muppetry this year with our transfers getting sorted so early. :(
Yep. It's not that we care that much per se, more like there's not much else to talk about :lol:

Lagger

Supports
FC Bayern
This is a good thing, my friend. It absolutely is. I actually enjoyed most of Europe freaking out over transfers and us knowing we're done for this season...

Especially, since Sanchez turned out to be quite okay during the Euros. I kept thinking "Good thing we got him before his price went up..."

Now all we have to do is endure the most ridiculous of all national game breaks... :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.