Kick-off
Wed, 8 November 2023 @ 8:00pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Josep Dowling

I mean, the red wasn’t a red and the penalty wasn’t a penalty.

Wtf you expect them to do against shocking officiating?
    Don’t keep giving them chance after chance in our box? Some of the refs decisions have been appalling this season but we don’t help ourselves. That was the second time Maguire handballed it in the box, it’s a constant with him. Maybe move his arm out of the way.

Dominos

The handball rules applied in the CL really are a fecking joke.

The Eriksen handball vs Bayern was completely unjust too. This one might be even more ridiculous, you literally need to chop your arms off to defend in the CL.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
    I understand why Rashford was sent off,
    But I don't understand those who say "you can't do that, it's a clear red".

Have you guys ever shielded a football in your life, with your mates at the park?

This is the only way of doing it. you look solely at the ball, and, low and behold- you have to land your feet somewhere on the field.

If you start looking down at the pitch to see where your feet are landing with every step you take, you won't shield the ball anymore.

I'm really really annoyed by the red card,
    but it's obvious that it will be given, with how they present it to the ref.
    You can't really complain about it with how the law is written. it's just annoying as feck.
    He's a professional player not a pub team player. He should know better

Buster15

Go on Didier
    Supports
    Bristol Rovers
    Ten Hag needs to do a Fergi and make it all about us against the world.

But anyway. The officials are totally ruining the game.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
    So you're saying that one can't shield the ball without nearly maiming the opponents foot? Ok
    I’m saying you don’t have a clue what you’re talking about and have likely never played, or perhaps seen a football before. One has to plant ones foot somewhere, and when one is looking at the ball to shield it, there is a chance one might catch someone when planting ones foot.

macheda14

Every other player on the pitch has managed to not forcefully plant their studs on someone's shin, maybe ask the other 21 players how they've managed to do it.
    It’s very unlucky, come on. He’s planting his foot to shield the ball and as he’s making that movement the other player puts his foot there.

It’s an arguable red, but just unlucky.

The pen is also unlucky, but I can see why.

Neither are players imploding or losing their head, both are just shit luck in quick succession.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
    He's literally planting his foot to defend the ball, ridiculous.
    Also what's Maguire supposed to do if the ball is kicked 1 cm from him?
    I fecking hate football

Zed is not dead

I honestly don’t remember a run of games where you have so many controversial decisions against us.

Every single game I’m waiting to see how the refs will feck us over and don’t even think well be allowed to win a game.

I can only imagine how frustrated and hopeless must be. When you’re shite, you rightfully lose, when you’re good, refs find ways to make you lose

sparx99

Not give away a 2-goal lead in 15 minutes. That's what i'm expecting them to do. The red was a red card, even if its harsh and the penalty was a penalty. There were two fecking handballs in the box within seconds.
    There can ten handbells in 10s it doesn't mean any of them should be a penalty if they are all point blank. There isn't some volume of handballs equals penalty rule.

Todd

We ain’t going to be in the Europa if we lose tonight.
    Ehh, we could get something in Turkey and by the time we play Bayern they'll have nothing to play for and might rest their key players so we could scrap a point. Gala should lose both of their remaining matches. So we still have a shot at third.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
    scholesy and hargreaves pointing out that savage is a cnut over red car but think it was a pen: crazy he was two inches away

Rustyspider13

We're cursed this season-that's the only explanation. Every time a decision needs to be made against United, the most uncharitable interpretation of the law is used. I don't even know what is handball anymore. So players should now just try to hit the ball at their opponents' hand regardless of the distance or circumstance.

I don't think the team is mentally strong enough to handle another 45 mins with 10 men. Only hope is a counter pays off. But man, what shit luck we've had this season. It's so tiring.

abailey123

For 40 minutes we looked absolutely immense. Good shape, movement, 2 great goals. Now the games gone due to two dodgy decisions.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
    I hope ETH comes out and has a go about VAR. We seemingly tend to just get on with it

NicolaSacco

Supports
    Ipswich
    There is zero point the ref even looking at the incident. If his superiors have asked him to take a look then he’s never going to go against it even if he doesn’t think it’s a red in his heart of hearts
    I can remember an example of the ref being directed to the screen and then sticking to his original decision. But the fact that I can still remember it and it was at the World Cup 11 months ago probably tells its own story.

Abraxas

We played a fine half, score 2 goals - but the ref has completely changed the game.

For once this one isn't really on the players or manager so I wouldn't go overboard about them.

Two proper stinkers and they're not just not being given a pen or a free kick that keeps the game in balance, they are a player taking an early shower and a very probable goal for the opposition. Terrible, terrible reffing.

santeria13

Sublemon
    ETH is also to blame for the rainy weather today!
    There's been some really bad decisions against us this season, but we've also had a few go our way. We can't blame refs for every single bad result. This specific game is not on ETH or the players though.

Ole'sgunnarwin

Stop blaming refs. How about being 2 nil up with 10 and keeping it tight? Usual lose the heads, turn to rubbish. Slight bit of adversity and they all fall apart. Never ever seen a team fall apart after reds like ours.

mark_a

Utter garbage - if that's a red then god knows what Bruno Guimarães should have got for lamping the Arsenal guy the other week! The ball wasn't even there for that "challenge"!
    Never a red that, a yellow at most. Remember Carroll's 4x leg breakers when we played Reading - he only got yellows for 2 of them, but not before he'd put Erikson out for the rest of the season.

Roboc7

Our team's football iq is shocking. We struggle even on the basics and the veterans are the ones letting the team down
    It’s painful to watch, shocking decision making and just completely unable to cope with any tempo or pressure. We’ve been on the wrong end of type of decisions there seems to be no consistency for but we shoot ourselves in the foot as well.

RomfordRed75

Best performance of the season until the red. Totally screwed over by officials again.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
    Shock horror as two high level ex professionals don’t think it was a red.

doomy20

So much whiners on here, it’s red in 10 out of 10 cases. Pen is „soft“ but also ok.

Problem is the collapsing, no need to collapse after a red card against Kopenhagen

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

4.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 215 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • FC Copenhagen win
  • Draw