[FCUoM] FC United vs Babelsburg

mickthered

Dynamo Dresden are dicks.

They kept my homewtown of Osnabruck in Liga 3

Looked a good trip though.

I have no problem with FC United fans. They have gone from being match goers to stay at home fans which is is the same as 99% of our fan base. Don't see why they are so harshly criticised for that.

The majority of the people that have a go at them are people that don't actually go to games themselves
Was a good trip just a pity the the Dresden part was a bit of a washout and only just managed to dry out

but according to their president he wants to invite us back for another game

however a few red faces all around when he let slip the possibility of the place of next rears pre season game

redfan

It's not the colour of your shirt that counts, it'
They're not Manchester United fans and are in no way affiliated with ManchesterUnited, so feck them.

Any man that changes his club when things aren't going their way is spineless, in my book.
Traitors.
And you think it is right to put the club into £500 million of debt, push players wages through the roof and price decent fans out of football, I have been a red for over 60 years but I am not paying this yank a penny to fund his rape of Manchester United.

The Don

Metrosexual Candy Shagger
Dayman, ahhhahhhahh, fighter of the nightman
And you think it is right to put the club into £500 million of debt, push players wages through the roof and price decent fans out of football, I have been a red for over 60 years but I am not paying this yank a penny to fund his rape of Manchester United.

Please what shite are you talking about?
Who has the most expensive season ticket in the league, surely the way you're talking it must be United?

Sorry, no, the most successful club in England are number 5.

The owners haven't pushed anybody's wages through the roof.

And how is the debt now? Are we not one of the most profitable clubs on the planet?

Your lot are just a bunch of muppets who believed bullshit propaganda and jumped the gun.

All these years later, the club is stronger than its ever been.

redfan

Please what shite are you talking about?
Who has the most expensive season ticket in the league, surely the way you're talking it must be United?

Sorry, no, the most successful club in England are number 5.

The owners haven't pushed anybody's wages through the roof.

And how is the debt now? Are we not one of the most profitable clubs on the planet?

Your lot are just a bunch of muppets who believed bullshit propaganda and jumped the gun.

All these years later, the club is stronger than its ever been.
You are talking out of your arse, the current debt is around £300 million and you think we are rich. There was no propaganda the issues were real, no bullshit just facts choices were made and I made the right one. The FA and the Premier League are killing football, no atmosphere no real fans just glory hunters jumping on whatever bandwagon is flavour of the week, you keep paying the debt but if it goes tits up I will be here to help pick up the pieces and you can just sit with your head up your arse along with all the other hangers on.

The Don

Metrosexual Candy Shagger
Dayman, ahhhahhhahh, fighter of the nightman
You are talking out of your arse, the current debt is around £300 million and you think we are rich. There was no propaganda the issues were real, no bullshit just facts choices were made and I made the right one. The FA and the Premier League are killing football, no atmosphere no real fans just glory hunters jumping on whatever bandwagon is flavour of the week, you keep paying the debt but if it goes tits up I will be here to help pick up the pieces and you can just sit with your head up your arse along with all the other hangers on.
I agree with you about football in general, not being what it was, but that has nothing to do with United or it's owners. Nearly all of the top clubs are run and have been run like a business for years. Manchester United were a business and a global brand, hell bent on marketing, long before the Glaziers came along.

They've kept ticket prices at a reasonable level (compared to other top clubs) backed the manager with money for the squad, expanded and improved sponsorship deals, matched the crazy wages that other clubs (see City, Chelsea, Barca, Madrid etc.) pay their top players so we can keep and attract our own top players and most importantly, they concentrate on the business and leave the football alone.

But hey, look I'm not expecting to change your opinion, you lads have put all your eggs in one basket and are waiting for doomsday. You'll have a long wait.

redfan

I agree with you about football in general, not being what it was, but that has nothing to do with United or it's owners. Nearly all of the top clubs are run and have been run like a business for years. Manchester United were a business and a global brand, hell bent on marketing, long before the Glaziers came along.

They've kept ticket prices at a reasonable level (compared to other top clubs) backed the manager with money for the squad, expanded and improved sponsorship deals, matched the crazy wages that other clubs (see City, Chelsea, Barca, Madrid etc.) pay their top players so we can keep and attract our own top players and most importantly, they concentrate on the business and leave the football alone.

But hey, look I'm not expecting to change your opinion, you lads have put all your eggs in one basket and are waiting for doomsday. You'll have a long wait.
I agree it's an argument neither side will win, but you are wrong to think we are waiting for doomsday, contrary to what you believe we are at last enjoying our football as we at last have a major say in how the club is run, if a decision is made then we make it. We have an atmosphere at our games that puts most football clubs to shame and we are run the way football should be run, all profit we make goes back into the local community. I enjoy football to much to feel bitter about how things have turned out but I never walked away I just decided to do something about a situation I did not agree with, I am still a red as we all are its been in my blood for too long. I wish both United's well may they prosper and be a light for all to admire.

mickthered

I agree it's an argument neither side will win, but you are wrong to think we are waiting for doomsday, contrary to what you believe we are at last enjoying our football as we at last have a major say in how the club is run, if a decision is made then we make it. We have an atmosphere at our games that puts most football clubs to shame and we are run the way football should be run, all profit we make goes back into the local community. I enjoy football to much to feel bitter about how things have turned out but I never walked away I just decided to do something about a situation I did not agree with, I am still a red as we all are its been in my blood for too long. I wish both United's well may they prosper and be a light for all to admire.
About sums it up found out most of the people branding FC fans traitors or rats etc are either United fans that either don't go to games or are city fans or keyboard warriors only ever met one face to face and his argument lasted about 10 seconds if that

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
I find it quite incredible that FC United supporters are being labelled "traitors". Mind-boggling.

On FC United themselves, they are terrific in the community. Regular coaching sessions in schools, links with junior clubs in the vicinity as well as other initiatives. I wish them all the success in the world as they are football people first and foremost, as well as taking great pride in where they come from. I haven't been out to Gigg Lane yet but will do definitely next season. The proposed Ten Acres Lane site for the new stadium was only a stone's throw from our school, which would have been brilliant for the area. The new site at Ronald Johnson Playing Fields in Moston is only 10 minutes from where I live so I can see myself going to them a lot more should that move come to fruition.

mickthered

I find it quite incredible that FC United supporters are being labelled "traitors". Mind-boggling.

On FC United themselves, they are terrific in the community. Regular coaching sessions in schools, links with junior clubs in the vicinity as well as other initiatives. I wish them all the success in the world as they are football people first and foremost, as well as taking great pride in where they come from. I haven't been out to Gigg Lane yet but will do definitely next season. The proposed Ten Acres Lane site for the new stadium was only a stone's throw from our school, which would have been brilliant for the area. The new site at Ronald Johnson Playing Fields in Moston is only 10 minutes from where I live so I can see myself going to them a lot more should that move come to fruition.

if your under 18 get yourself a season ticket for this season then at 21 quid works out equivalent to £0.92 per match.
for 23 league games but will also give you first priority for a ST the season after next when they move into the new ground

SecondFig

On FC United themselves, they are terrific in the community. Regular coaching sessions in schools, links with junior clubs in the vicinity as well as other initiatives. I wish them all the success in the world as they are football people first and foremost, as well as taking great pride in where they come from.
Would totally agree with that - really can't believe the absolute nonsense some posters have come out with in this thread. FC are a really well run club, rooted in their local community, who are run for the right reasons - the fans and the football. How that makes them traitors is beyond me

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Jesus christ, the bell level in this thread is something else.

Great club run by good, decent people.
Nothing to do with United though. People saw an opportunity and run with it. United didn't leave.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Just to add - i'm not saying the supporters were wrong. Good luck to them. Just think that some people created an opportunity to create a club and that's fine but United still exist. We're still a decent club. We've not sold our soles to the devil. We're doing ok. Lots of folk would have issues supporting two team let alone one manifested from what happened. Maybe one day they'll be in the top division and will you give a shit about them then when they face United? Probably not