Federico Chiesa

izec

He is a great player. Captaining Fiorentina, and he is really developing brilliantly. Watching him now against Inter and he is the best player on the pitch

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
I was just about to start a thread about Chiesa. Guess I don't have to...

Fiorentina are my favorite club In Italy and they have a gem in this little guy. Lots of talent in the squad though Lafont and Milenkovic are two good prospects as well as Simeone.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
He’s still the RW choice for me and is versatile to play across the front line. Also works his nuts off, which is what people are clamouring for.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
He's pretty much one of the most expensive players at his position for a few time. Will cost an arm and a leg, but would totally be a huge improvement in our squad.

padzilla

Hipster
I signed him for United in Football Manager and he has been superb.

SparkedIntoLife

Very promising. He gets a fair bit of criticism in Italy for diving though so will need to curb that. I agree that he might be a cheaper alternative to Sancho in a year where the latter probably won’t be sold. We could eventually sign both with Chiesa cutting in on his left foot from the right and Sancho doing the opposite on the left. I don’t hold out too much hope for Martial to become a really top drawer player.

The Italian market and clubs of Fiorentina’s type might be good places for us to sign players from; especially if we’re missing out on Champions League. We could do a lot worse than signing the likes of Tonali, Barella, Zainolo, Milenkovic, Andersen and Strakosha.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Very promising. He gets a fair bit of criticism in Italy for diving though so will need to curb that. I agree that he might be a cheaper alternative to Sancho in a year where the latter probably won’t be sold. We could eventually sign both with Chiesa cutting in on his left foot from the right and Sancho doing the opposite on the left. I don’t hold out too much hope for Martial to become a really top drawer player.

The Italian market and clubs of Fiorentina’s type might be good places for us to sign players from; especially if we’re missing out on Champions League. We could do a lot worse than signing the likes of Tonali, Barella, Zainolo, Milenkovic, Andersen and Strakosha.
I thought he was right footed?

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Oh yes, you’re right, sorry. Think I got him mixed up with Cengiz Under of Roma in terms of preferred foot.
No worries, I don't watch him that regularly, so I thought - feck me he's good with his weaker foot! Your second point is a great one, I'm literally having that debate with my mates at the moment and. "You won't be able to sign any good players if you miss out on top 4".

SparkedIntoLife

No worries, I don't watch him that regularly, so I thought - feck me he's good with his weaker foot! Your second point is a great one, I'm literally having that debate with my mates at the moment and. "You won't be able to sign any good players if you miss out on top 4".
Yeah, amidst the doom and gloom, there’s still lots of players who can improve United and would be keen to join us. Just hope our transfer strategy is well thought out this year.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Yeah, amidst the doom and gloom, there’s still lots of players who can improve United and would be keen to join us. Just hope our transfer strategy is well thought out this year.
It almost may actually force us to have a good strategy for once, instead of chasing big names with fat wages.

izec

Would also be my preferred choice for RW, for quite a while now. He is a complete winger and a fantastic workrate/attitude. Made a huge step this season, he is so dangerous. Watched the Juve game at the weekend where he hit the post twice and was a real nuisance. Fiorentina want big money though.

LJJT

Cantona himself would have been proud of that touch. Best first touch I’ve seen in a long time

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Got a tap in as well. Between him and ceballos for best player on the pitch.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Seen it many times and in slow motion, he didn’t look at the goal once and was pushed just before making contact.
He was slightly nudged and never positioned himself in a way that made it likely that he was crossing. There's not team mate in the 6 yard box so the only crossing attempt would have been backward but he's smashing the ball and you don't cross the ball by smashing it backwards.

3KDré

Didn't realise he was that quick. Also was that Barella who played that peach of a pass?

Classical Mechanic

He was slightly nudged and never positioned himself in a way that made it likely that he was crossing. There's not team mate in the 6 yard box so the only crossing attempt would have been backward but he's smashing the ball and you don't cross the ball by smashing it backwards.
He totally looks like he’s going to cross all the way through the move to me. I mean why would the GK get beaten like that if he didn’t. Surely the implication that it was deliberate must mean he deceived the goalkeeper into making such an egregious positioning error.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
He totally looks like he’s going to cross all the way through the move to me. I mean why would the GK get beaten like that if he didn’t. Surely the implication that it was deliberate must mean he deceived the goalkeeper into making such an egregious positioning error.
Goalkeepers got beaten like that because he decided to take a chance for some reason which goalkeepers sometimes tend to do. If the keeper had a tad more awareness he would have noticed that he wasn't cutting off a cross since there wasn't an opponent in that line of pass.

We're going to have to agree to disagree on this one.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
An absolute gem of a player. Been banging on about him for along time in the transfer forum. His stellar performance against Spain is no surprise.

He played for a Fiorentina team that avoided relegation on the final day of the season.
So I wouldn't pay too much attention to stats.

His dribbling and technical ability is as good as Sancho. The only difference is that Chiesa is very direct and has amazing work rate. I would love to see us sign him. A world class player in the making.

BlueHaze

An absolute gem of a player. Been banging on about him for along time in the transfer forum. His stellar performance against Spain is no surprise.

He played for a Fiorentina team that avoided relegation on the final day of the season.
So I wouldn't pay too much attention to stats.

His dribbling and technical ability is as good as Sancho. The only difference is that Chiesa is very direct and has amazing work rate. I would love to see us sign him. A world class player in the making.
He will probably end up at Juve.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He will probably end up at Juve.
According to Di Marzio, Juve have offered him a €5m a year deal, but still haven't agreed a fee with Fiorentina.

This might be a good opportunity to throw in a sizeable offer to both player and club.

BlueHaze

According to Di Marzio, Juve have offered him a €5m a year deal, but still haven't agreed a fee with Fiorentina.

This might be a good opportunity to throw in a sizeable offer to both player and club.
I agree with you that we should try, seems a great talent but he'll 90% end up at Juve. Most of these young talents with huge potential in Italy usually end up there. I'm just surprised there is no talk about us at all when we have so little competition for that position.

led_scholes

It seems we never buy or even linked with italians. Apart from Darmian who was the last one?? ( I mean established players and not like Rossi)