Felipe Anderson

cyberman

People commenting on the level of the seria a defenders are probably the same ones creaming themselves over Pogba or Dybala. Funny that they play in the same shite league too.
Bit unfair, just posters making their observations.
There's been plenty of posts on this forum about how average the Premiership is these days as well

Red Comet

A Brazilian midfielder called Anderson with the capacity to get fat? Do not want.

On a serious note, the video does highlight many moments of poor decision making. He could have released the ball quicker to team mates in better position, but yet choose to go for glory himself. If it works, great, but if not, he'll be a very frustrating player to watch.

Skywarden

A Brazilian midfielder called Anderson with the capacity to get fat? Do not want.

On a serious note, the video does highlight many moments of poor decision making. He could have released the ball quicker to team mates in better position, but yet choose to go for glory himself. If it works, great, but if not, he'll be a very frustrating player to watch.
Time is on his side as he's only 21. One season under LVG's guidance should be enough to see a significant improvement as far as decision-making goes.

The Red Thinker

Any winger who can't be arsed to run back and contribute in defending like Mata does so well, cannot play for United these days. Look at Di Maria. You can have all the attacking talent but if you can't be tactically strong and participate in the team press, you won't play for Louis Van Gaal.

Ekeke

Yet to see him play but just noticed that he has 6 goals and 5 assists in the 5 matches he played right wing of a front 3 for Lazio this season. Thats extremely impressive.

2 goals and 1 assist in 6 games on the left

bucky

Any winger who can't be arsed to run back and contribute in defending like Mata does so well, cannot play for United these days. Look at Di Maria. You can have all the attacking talent but if you can't be tactically strong and participate in the team press, you won't play for Louis Van Gaal.
Felipe Anderson does more defensively for Lazio than Mata is doing for United. Not sure, if you were addressing him or just making a general statement though.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
With youtube videos of Serie A players, it's always the same, defenders are like cones you only need speed to get rid of them.

The Red Thinker

Felipe Anderson does more defensively for Lazio than Mata is doing for United. Not sure, if you were addressing him or just making a general statement though.
General statement of course. I don't know enough of Felipe Anderson to say the former. Though, why does the youtube video say he has a weakness for defensive work? Those guys are generally spot on with their observations.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Robben springs to mind buddy?

bucky

General statement of course. I don't know enough of Felipe Anderson to say the former. Though, why does the youtube video say he has a weakness for defensive work? Those guys are generally spot on with their observations.
I wouldn't trust scoutnation, when it comes to this. Strengths and weaknesses are mostly copied from somewhere else like whoscored, at least that's how I see it with them. The strengths and weaknesses part is often enough not up to date or just bollocks. IMO he does enough defensively for a winger, but I'm also more forgiving in that regard. It's probably worth pointing out that he has found his consistency just a few months ago and before that had a lot of substitute appearances.

Count Orduck

We're not going to sign Brazilian players (whom LvG dislikes) when we could be signing Dutch players (whom LvG adores).

Red_toad

We're not going to sign Brazilian players (whom LvG dislikes) when we could be signing Dutch players (whom LvG adores).
Who says he doesn't like them? Sound just like the Fergie doesn't like Germans bullswhack.

I doubt very much if any manager would look at a player nationality when looking at buying a player, more best man for the job.

Ekeke

I wouldn't trust scoutnation, when it comes to this. Strengths and weaknesses are mostly copied from somewhere else like whoscored, at least that's how I see it with them. The strengths and weaknesses part is often enough not up to date or just bollocks. IMO he does enough defensively for a winger, but I'm also more forgiving in that regard. It's probably worth pointing out that he has found his consistency just a few months ago and before that had a lot of substitute appearances.
Agree, everywhere I see "strengths and weaknesses" listed about players, they never seem to correspond to what the player is currently doing. Probably left over from the previous season or something