"Ferguson to blame" says 'The Secret Footballer'

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
I think each and every United supporter would agree with me that writing like this is worse than rubbish. It's not even worth commenting on. The quality and substance of these writing show that the author has a mentality of no more than 14 and is a Sir Alex hater (our of jealousy of United's success under him), which means he's obviously either an ABU or a City fan.
Or a player who wanted to sign for United :D

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
The theory I prefer is that Ferguson was apprehensive in spending in his latter years because he knew his retirement was imminent and his successor would require the money to bring in his own men. It certainly makes more sense than Kitson's take on it.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
The theory I prefer is that Ferguson was apprehensive in spending in his latter years because he knew his retirement was imminent and his successor would require the money to bring in his own men. It certainly makes more sense than Kitson's take on it.
But he didn't really keep the money. He spent £15m or more on de Gea, Jones and van Persie and £10m or more on Smalling and Kagawa. He did go out and buy players and of them 5 only Kagawa has struggled so far. There were other signings like Young at £16m too but the less said of them the better.

He was willing to spend £30m or more on Hazard and Lucas if they were willing to come too. He was always looking for players and signing young players circa 2012 he always knew they would stay here beyond his reign.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
My good friend who played for United called the tipping point two years ago. He was a little early but his reasoning was sound. Nobody denies that United will score goals but United's back four is creaking and has been for a while.
Then..

If you thought that David Moyes was Fergie's mate, think again. There are no mates in football when ego is at stake. Only acquaintances.
Dave Kitson: master of writing cryptic shite. Making out he has many friends too, which is blatantly not true.

Blue always red

There is no doubt Fergie became lax in rebuilding, but this was simply to allow the future manager to mould it with the experienced and world class players he chose. There can be no doubt, that the players who were fundamental to Fergies success have reached the end. Vidic, Rio, Patrice, Carrick and Fletch are all nearing the end of their careers with many of them going to be moved on. But with that, Fergie also gave the next manager a fantastic base to work from: De Gea, Rafa, Smalling, Jones, Kagawa, Welbeck, Cleverley and more.

Fergie played a masterstroke, he's left the manager with the tools for success and of course the first season would be rough but expect many of the old heads to leave in Summer and expect us to bounce back next year.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
I like this theory, too, but I have a nagging suspicion that Fergie couldn't bring himself to spend much more than 30 million pounds on any player.

KiD MoYeS

But he didn't really keep the money. He spent £15m or more on de Gea, Jones and van Persie and £10m or more on Smalling and Kagawa. He did go out and buy players and of them 5 only Kagawa has struggled so far. There were other signings like Young at £16m too but the less said of them the better.
Yes, obviously he spent. But we more often than not got the value in the market spiel. £16 million here and there is nothing compared to the spending of our rivals during the same period.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
I think I speak for everyone on here when I say that footballers (secret or otherwise) would do better to leave the thinking/speaking/studying to others whilst they continue to get paid outrageous amounts of money to kick a ball around once a week.

KiD MoYeS

I like this theory, too, but I have a nagging suspicion that Fergie couldn't bring himself to spend much more than 30 million pounds on any player.
This is more than likely correct.

There was also talk of Ferguson receiving a nice bonus from the Glazer's when he under spent on transfers at one stage, didn't know what to make of that one.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
There is no doubt Fergie became lax in rebuilding, but this was simply to allow the future manager to mould it with the experienced and world class players he chose. There can be no doubt, that the players who were fundamental to Fergies success have reached the end. Vidic, Rio, Patrice, Carrick and Fletch are all nearing the end of their careers with many of them going to be moved on. But with that, Fergie also gave the next manager a fantastic base to work from: De Gea, Rafa, Smalling, Jones, Kagawa, Welbeck, Cleverley and more.

Fergie played a masterstroke, he's left the manager with the tools for success and of course the first season would be rough but expect many of the old heads to leave in Summer and expect us to bounce back next year.
Exactly, he lay the foundations without necessarily completing the full squad. He also left the old guard in a state where they are still capable of doing the job and play a part and a couple top class players in their prime.

Gannicus

Fiercest rival? They are actually friends with each other. I think it was Chartlon who vetoed possible Mourinho appointment not Ferguson.
Maybe, but my sense is that their chuminess was all for show.

I can't imagine Charlton overriding Ferguson on a decision of such magnitude.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
I have this theory that United can spend money but can't compete with the wages other teams can offer and that might have something to do with the Glazers, dunno. The idea SAF purposely sabotaged his team (he bought RVP FFS) to secure his legacy is bollocks.

Timdbro

Christ. "Those of us who study these things..." Yeah, I suggest you do some more studying, you absolute king-size tit.
That's probably the bit that annoyed me the most, which is saying something since the whole thing is ridiculous. Wtf does he mean by 'those of us who study these things?'. Yes, I bow to your superior intellect because you've sat down for five minutes to create an imaginary friend and twist a few facts so you can write a shit article that regurgitates an opinion you've heard from more competent writers, whilst completely missing the relevant points. The only merit he has is getting paid for writing worthless crap.

::sonny::

I think that the squad are full of average players who have overperformed under Ferguson

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
I was saying to my mate, the Chief Manure Inspector of all the Russias, "That article is a pile of poop."

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Can't we find out who writes this shit for certain? Some of that could be slanderous or something surely? So Fergie could take them to court?

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
I do think Saf dropped the ball on signings, especially in midfield.

Other than that the article is pure nonsense. For example Ander Herrera was desperate to join us. Yet he says Ander rejected us. So even his facts are wrong.
And Alcaltara was on his way until we refused or stuffed around long enough for BM to nip in by all accounts. Baines was also probably open to a move but wasn't prepared to push it.

Twisted_Woody

Scout
I've heard this already so he isn't even original in his opinion.

One thing I'll say - in Sir Alex's book he points out that Liverpool made uncharacteristic signings at the start of their decline.

Look at us post Ronaldo. Most recently Buttner and Fellaini.