Fernandinho's Munich air disaster twitter post?

Trequarista10

Wow. I want to believe this is a freakish, misfortunate accident by Fernandinho because if it was intentional then that's unbelievably sick. But I can't see how it's anything other than intentional, unless someone can translate emojis better than me?

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
What the actual feck. If this is true then he deserves whatever ban Cavani got ten-fold.

Watch the FA do nothing though.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I want to believe that it was unfortunate accident with the timing of the tweet and he meant completely different.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Haven't seen the post but if he escapes without a bigger ban than Cavani got it's an absolute joke

Hoof the ball

It's one thing to do an airplane celebration in training. It's another thing to post it on social media on that day (of all days). It's another thing to use an airplane emoji on that social media post too.

I'm not convinced he didn't mean that.........but I hope I'm mistaken.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
It’s either extremely distasteful, disgusting stuff that should be looked into, or just absolutely woeful timing from him/his team who have made that tweet.

I’m inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt, but even still... The airplane emoji in his tweet is in reference to his celebration, which is him barely with his arms out? And even still — an airplane celebration the day of the Munich disaster? Which you decide to post live onto twitter? :confused:

OL29

It does seem a strange coincidence but I’d give him the benefit of the doubt.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Hmm Cavani gets banned for something he doesnt mean and is viewed as offensive.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Absolutely disgusting. FA need to throw the rule book at him. If they don’t it’s beyond shameful.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I'll go with (very) poorly timed coincidence over anything actually truly sinister... Mainly cos I don't want to think an actual professional footballer would be that dumb/awful.

Still 100% ban worthy regardless

N47

What a disgrace he is, No coincidence that has been put up on the anniversary. I hope the FA slam him hard for this - It really shows you the true mentality and calibre of a person who would do that.

PoTMS

Surely he is not that stupid. I wouldn't expect that from even the Tommy Robinsons' of the world.

2 man midfield

Hmm Cavani gets banned for something he doesnt mean and is viewed as offensive.
Exactly - they’ve set a precedent now. You can be punished regardless of intent just as long as what you said was offensive to someone, somewhere.

They’ve left themselves no choice but to punish him. And if they don’t, I’ll enjoy seeing how they wriggle out of it.

Heinzesight

Do they have people that run these accounts for them? Probably some egg stained, wet behind the ears Bloo thinking he’s being clever.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
If it's real, it's blatant but it's a City player so "no further action will be taken." Using those exact emojis on that date? No benefit of the doubt from me.

Leave justice until the 94th minute of our next match where someone like McTominay dissects him with a tackle.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
What are the odds of that being accidental, on the one day of the year.....

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Exactly - they’ve set a precedent now. You can be punished regardless of intent just as long as what you said was offensive to someone, somewhere.

They’ve left themselves no choice but to punish him. And if they don’t, I’ll enjoy seeing how they wriggle out of it.
You can bet on them doing nothing. Wouldn't expect an explanation as well, simple line that they decided to not act.

Suv666

Wow
I'll be fuming if this goes unpunished. Fecking disgraceful

UmbroDays

We accuse footballers for a lot, but him joking about the air disaster I highly highly doubt. He probably doesn't even know about it, nor would use it in an offensive term considering his footballing countrymen also died in a plane crash a few years ago; I don't think the two are related.

Poor timing though, probably needs a formal message from MCFC too.

Coops73

If that’s real the cnut should be banned, why the feck would you find that funny? not just the human side of the tragedy but something that has directly affected your industry and fellow professionals.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Pretty sure this is bullshit. Only been reported in the Sun and if he actually Tweeted that the backlash would be massive. That’s not even considering how bizarre it would be for him to Tweet that.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
No professional footballer is stupid enough to tweet something so malicious knowing the consequences could be a lifetime ban from the game.

We have to believe that.

kirk buttercup

Same way they Wriggled out of FFP £££ .
That is a Classless thing to post from A player with no class playing for a club that has no Class. If City Back him on this They should be fined too. Scumbag.

RashyForPM

If he is mocking the tragedy, and I must stress it a lot, rather than simply posting a poorly timed tweet, then I hope he does his ACL or snaps his leg tonight to end his career. And yes, if he is mocking the tragedy, then I am wishing injury on a player. I’ve never done it and will never do so again, but this is too much. Hope Robertson does him.

What a disaster of a tweet and human being if he really is taking the piss. Disgusting. I really hope it’s about some planned celebration by the City players tonight or something.

2 man midfield

You can bet on them doing nothing. Wouldn't expect an explanation as well, simple line that they decided to not act.
I can’t see how they can justify not acting on this after their social media policy in recent months. I know you’re saying they don’t need to justify it, but it would be the most baffling decision they could make.

arnie_ni

Pretty sure this is bullshit. Only been reported in the Sun and if he actually Tweeted that the backlash would be massive. That’s not even considering how bizarre it would be for him to Tweet that.
I can't see how the sun has made it up out of thin air, hed sue them for everything they are worth.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He knew exactly what he was doing, utterly despicable.

Red00012

To be honest some of our players hardly knew about what day it was never mind City players

pablo__p

What a hieroglyphics twitting cnut.

Ok so test for you FA if you have any semblance of balls or decency. This definitely deserves a much stronger punishment than Edi.

feck fernandinho, you classless twat.