Fernandinho's Munich air disaster twitter post?

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
I can’t see how they can justify not acting on this after their social media policy in recent months. I know you’re saying they don’t need to justify it, but it would be the most baffling decision they could make.
Just have to remember them banning Rooney for swearing close to a camera. Something that was never even mentioned before or after that 'incident'

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Well yeah no way.
If this tweet is proven to be malicious in any way, at the very least he would be refused access to Old Trafford for life, just like any football fan would under similar circumstances. City would kick him our of the club too.

How the FA would react is another matter, but I wouldn't expect light punishment.

I don't believe it's true anyway.

Cardboard elk

Supports
Rosenborg
But an explosion emoji + airplane + laughter. It does not seem accidental to me but.. Would have liked Roy Keane to still play for the next match against them..

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Exactly - they’ve set a precedent now. You can be punished regardless of intent just as long as what you said was offensive to someone, somewhere.

They’ve left themselves no choice but to punish him. And if they don’t, I’ll enjoy seeing how they wriggle out of it.
He has to get banned for this, FA dug themselves a hole.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Pretty sure this is bullshit. Only been reported in the Sun and if he actually Tweeted that the backlash would be massive. That’s not even considering how bizarre it would be for him to Tweet that.
He did tweet this last night, it was deleted.

Here’s a random reply to the original tweet which was deleted, if you click it, you can see the thread and see the original tweet has been deleted, and that it’s in reply to @fernandinho.

izec

Needs a ban. The explosion with a plane emoji is just too much of a coincidence for me to believe in. You can literally use a hundred of other emojis to express a feeling

Suits his cnutish character as well

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Just have to remember them banning Rooney for swearing close to a camera. Something that was never even mentioned before or after that 'incident'
I forgot about that :lol:

They should be handing out those bans left, right and centre with the current situation. Every game they pick up someone shouting “just fecking clear it!” :lol:
He has to get banned for this, FA dug themselves a hole.
Agree

Mike Smalling

Want to believe this is an unfortunate coincidence, but if that is the case, what is explosion emoji doing in there? Bizarre stuff.

In any case I hope he gets a long ban. Probably deserves one for all the shit he has done on the pitch over the years, anyway.

RUCK4444

If that’s real then I’d absolutely love to bump into this midget Cnut.

Absolute disgrace, equivalent of one of our players posting something about Hillsborough or similar.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
He did tweet this last night, it was deleted.

Here’s a random reply to the original tweet which was deleted, if you click it, you can see the thread and see the original tweet has been deleted, and that it’s in reply to @fernandinho.
Hey Cavani deleted his post as well when he found out it could be misconstrued. The FA have decided intent means sod all, so...

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
It’s not like he hasn’t been here long enough to know about the anniversary. If Cavani can get banned for saying something casual to a mate on social media, then this has to be bannable.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
I can't see how the sun has made it up out of thin air, hed sue them for everything they are worth.
They won’t have made it up out of thin air. Someone will have tweeted that made up screenshot and they will have reported it. I mean I’m guessing here for all I know he actually did tweet it and thought it was funny.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
They won’t have made it up out of thin air. Someone will have tweeted that made up screenshot and they will have reported it. I mean I’m guessing here for all I know he actually did tweet it and thought it was funny.
No, it’s from Fernandinho’s official twitter, mate. I don’t know why you’re so bent on defending him here.

Here’s two separate screenshots from two accounts showing it with different numbers of retweets and favourites:

lex talionis

Sickening. No chance this was an unfortunate coincidence.

But bring a previous City player, expect the FA to do nothing.

POF

This is absolutely bizarre. It seems like it has to be a coincidence because surely nobody would stoop that low.

What the alternative purpose for a tweet about an airplane and an explosion could be though, I have no idea.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
He probably thought he was being subtle and cute. He failed.

Galinha

This needs to come out. That is sick as feck. This is without doubt not a coincidence.

Spark

What could he possibly have meant otherwise though???

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
No real surprise if its true. Football in the gutter as per usual,

Cloud7

This is very strange. City themselves posted a tweet in support of us yesterday, as they do every year. Putting aside the human aspect of it for a second, which goes without saying, surely it would be known within their club that making any sorts of jokes and such about this incident would be considered off limits. However the timing of it and those emojis seem so very suspicious. It's a weird one. At the very least, City should release a statement and clear this up. I would imagine if he did this without the club's knowledge they would want to appear as if they're coming down hard on him, if that is the case.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
There is nothing coincidental about this. I expect there to be some action.

MattofManchester

It's a pure coincidence. I don't think he even knew the Munich air disaster happened on that day.

Moving on.

arnie_ni

I don't. It's gone completely unnoticed and the sun seemed to be the only media outlet that have picked up on it.

Someone needs to get on twitter and make a big song and dance about this

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I just don’t see how this can be a coincidence. FA have set the president and he should rightfully be banned and criticised for this. He’s either a massive Cnut or he’s thick as pig shite, but either way it’s poor timing and he deserves punishment.

Blueman

Supports
Man City
It could mean anything. tbh sending a mocking tweet about Munich is NEVER going to be done by any player.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Oh, please give it a rest. There's no way he was mocking the Munich air disaster,
I initially felt this but I can't find a reason for someone posting a plane and an explosion emoji and then a laughter one.

Judas

Open to offers
Very unfortunate coincidence by a thick individual. It's almost too obvious to have been meant surely. I'm quite baffled by it though, does he often make tweets similar to it?

Coops73

I think we should all expect some action on this but there won’t be, there’s even numpties on here that think it’s a coincidence.

MattofManchester

Explosion, plane and laughing emoji on this particular day? Its not
I think you want it to be, but it's not. It really doesn't mean anything.
Nobody is that stupid to do something like that, let alone laugh at it.

And if we're being honest, quite frankly anybody who isn't British probably could not be bothered as to the day.

To make my point, Holocaust Memorial day was a few weeks back. I don't believe much of the world population noticed, or would know if it wasn't on display when you start up Google.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
It's a pure coincidence. I don't think he even knew the Munich air disaster happened on that day.

Moving on.
You’ve got Manchester in your name and your response is “moving on”.

Gerald G

I initially felt this but I can't find a reason for someone posting a plane and an explosion emoji and then a laughter one.
A plane because he's in the air heading in the picture and he's literally laughing in the picture. That explosion emoji - I've seen that so often, it is frequently used.

There's no way he was trying to mock the Munich air disaster. I know he's a City player but come on, this is a bit silly.