Fernandinho's Munich air disaster twitter post?

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
I got to be honest, I really fecking hate this guy on the pitch, but I can't see that he's genuinely mocking the Munich air disaster and laughing at all the people who died in it. Maybe I'm being very naive - It's possible - but is he genuinely laughing at the loss of life in that incident, or is it just a completely irrelevant post, albeit one with very poor timing?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
So you think the Munich air disaster was on his mind and then he posted a picture on Twitter to then mock those that died? I think that's more of a stretch than an explosion emoji, followed by a football, followed by an aeroplane and laughter. If you literally look at the pictures he included, it's then clearly obvious to me why he included those emojis.

There doesn't seem to be anything in I, I don't know why some a looking to be offended
I think there's a much bigger chance of him taking a jibe than him unfortunately posting those 3 emoji together on that of all days.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Well he could be ignorant but I think there's nothing for him to gain by mocking the air disaster. It just doesn't make any sense, but the emoji's he included make complete sense when you look at the pictures he included.
Not really he didn’t need to include them at all. It’s stupid and he should be punished for it. The fact is of a Utd player did something like this the uproar would be massive.

shaky

That there’s an airplane and explosion emoji? Proof enough for you?
Seems to be proof enough for some people, but no, not for me. As I said before, why rule out coincidence before jumping right to outrage?

cyberman

To you, clearly
Well, yes.
The Cavani nonsense was all about being literal so whats the difference here? We should be suddenly come at this from a nuanced angle?
Or do we pick whats offensive based off of what British white men think?

TrustInJanuzaj

So you're saying that a high profile international footballer playing for Man City would openly mock the deaths of a United's players on Twitter?

Well, that's a huge stretch for me.
Does it matter if he meant it or not?

Judas

Open to offers
Well it's not a racially motivated tweet, so I don't know what the FA rules are regarding this sort of potentially insensitive tweets, but those hoping for a ban because Cavani got one are probably going to be disappointed. They're different types of incidents.

Hughie77

Hope he gets a ban for that. A long one, at least equivalent to Cavani's.

If he just had the photo, it MAY be a coincidence, it's the emoji one that's unforgivable

They were recently making a big point of policing things like anti Hillsborough chants at our games with Liverpool so should certainly be clamping down on players doing such things, or it'll encourage "fans" to do the same

But like people say, as it's a City player it'll be swept under the carpet, hope as a club we push for it to be investigated
I want it investigated, he and his club needs to explain what was meant by it. It offensive classless its just wrong man. Wheres your head at.

Gerald G

Not really he didn’t need to include them at all. It’s stupid and he should be punished for it. The fact is of a Utd player did something like this the uproar would be massive.
Of course, he didn't need to include them but as I said, I doubt he's thinking about the Munich air disaster at the time. Plus, he literally includes emojis on pretty much everything picture he tweets.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I think we should all expect some action on this but there won’t be, there’s even numpties on here that think it’s a coincidence.
No, not at all, some of us don't wish to condemn someone without first givng them the chance to defend themselves.

You don't know that his intention was to mock the Munich disaster, none of us do. Does he not deserve the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise?

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Neither had Cavani, intent is irrelevant.
I personally wouldn’t have punished Cavani once it was established there was no intent. People need to stop this modern trend of piling on for any little thing. Why the desperation to be offended by absolutely fecking everything? :lol:

MattofManchester

Doesn’t really excuse it though does it. It’s possibly the single biggest tragedy the game of football has witnessed which just happened to impact the same city as he plays in and for their teams biggest rivals. It’s his job to know the history and context of something like that. I’d give him the benefit of the doubt and say he probably didn’t know, it doesn’t change the fact it’s ignorant, insensitive and downright offensive to many.
It may be ignorant and insensitive and offensive to many, but that's not Fernandinho's fault. He just seems like a guy who posted a picture of him enjoying training.
Social media has turned the world into a circus act. The use of the explosion emoji is so common among footballers and the other ones speak for themselves.
Outside of that, I put it down to the fact that Fernandinho frankly doesn't know or care.

Also, it isn't his obligation to know or care what day it is. His job is to play football. Nothing else.
Whether he chooses to engage with that day is purely up to him.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
A plane because he's in the air heading in the picture and he's literally laughing in the picture. That explosion emoji - I've seen that so often, it is frequently used.

There's no way he was trying to mock the Munich air disaster. I know he's a City player but come on, this is a bit silly.
Cavani did not intent to offend anybody but he still got the ban.

Gerald G

Well, yes.
The Cavani nonsense was all about being literal so whats the difference here? We should be suddenly come at this from a nuanced angle?
Or do we pick whats offensive based off of what British white men think?
Well in English the word Cavani used is definitely offensive. But you're comparing that to some emojis someone has used? They're not even similar.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
I personally wouldn’t have punished Cavani once it was established there was no intent. People need to stop this modern trend of piling on for any little thing. Why the desperation to be offended by absolutely fecking everything? :lol:
While I generally agree, this has the potential to be extremely offensive, not some kind of PC gone mad.

TrustInJanuzaj

No, not at all, some of us don't wish to condemn someone without first givng them the chance to defend themselves.

You don't know that his intention was to mock the Munich disaster, none of us do. Does he not deserve the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise?
In a world where you can thank a friend and get a 3 game ban there isn’t really any place for context.

Gerald G

Cavani did not intent to offend anybody but he still got the ban.
Once again, that's a different scenario. Because the word he used is offensive in English. I would love to know under what grounds you would want Fernandinho banned because of some emojis he used

Feed Me

I'm hungry
While I generally agree, this has the potential to be extremely offensive, not some kind of PC gone mad.
It is only offensive if he has posted with negative intent. I don’t personally think any sane person would draw such a conclusion.

Lewnited

A large part of me wants to believe this is a coincidence... but does he not have 364 other days of the year to post successive Explosion, Football, Plane and Laughing emojis? What the feck else could those four emojis actually mean anyway?

Judas

Open to offers
I wonder if people would be reacting differently to this if it wasn't for the Cavani incident? They're not alike really, they're not similar. I don't know why it's being brought up. It seems people want revenge for that.

TrustInJanuzaj

I'm not going to be arguing about the Cavani post because quite frankly I don't really care about that now. But there's literally no grounds they can use to ban Fernandinho
Pretty much the exact same precedent they used for Cavani can be used here so I disagree completely.

Judas

Open to offers
Pretty much the exact same precedent they used for Cavani can be used here so I disagree completely.
Nope, the Cavani one was a race issue, they have rules in place for the exact matter. I don't know what rules they have in place for (in theory) disrespecting past disasters, there might be one I've no idea.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
No, it’s from Fernandinho’s official twitter, mate. I don’t know why you’re so bent on defending him here.

Here’s two separate screenshots from two accounts showing it with different numbers of retweets and favourites:
Because:

- It’s almost too bizarre to be believed
- It’s extremely easy to forge a tweet like that I mean you could do it in 2 minutes on Paint, and in a scenario where a forged tweet was doing the rounds on Twitter (I’ve seen it a million times) then it would make sense for it to be reported by literally nobody but The Sun online
- Thats the exact same screenshot not two different ones

I’m not defending him, if it is true it’s absolutely mental how moronic it is. I’m just saying could easily be BS.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
One of their own died that day too. I doubt he's celebrating this or trying to be edgy. He's just an idiot that's all, all the resources in the world, and nobody checking this makes it weird.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
In a world where you can thank a friend and get a 3 game ban there isn’t really any place for context.
It certainly doesn't look good given the timing, give you that, but I find it hard to believe a professional footballer could be so stupid. He would have to be mentally unwell to even consider posting something like that. Does he have a history of mental illness?

If this is proven to be true, then he should be banned from Old Trafford for life. A football fan tweeting something like this would receive no less of a punishment, so why should a player?

Gerald G

They banned Rooney for swearing close to a camera.
Yes they did. But they're not going to ban Fernandinho for use a plane emoji because some United fans think he's mocking the air disaster. That just won't happen and I'm pretty sure everyone knows that

arnie_ni

Of course, he didn't need to include them but as I said, I doubt he's thinking about the Munich air disaster at the time. Plus, he literally includes emojis on pretty much everything picture he tweets.
As I said never a plane or explosion.

But yes almost every tweet does have multiple emojis

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
One incident I can compare this to was when lefty Ash Sarkar was accused of celebrating a stabbing incident where 3 people died by posting 3 oranges (which supposedly symbolised the victims). Right-wingers sent her all kinds of threats and abuse for what they interpreted to be a celebration of the killing.

Of course, it was nothing of the sort. I don't know if this is the same here but people see what they want to see.