Fernando Ricksen has passed away

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Made part of two "legendary" teams that I still remember: The AZ team that won Eredivise and that Zenit Team that won the "old" UEFA Cup playing amazing football.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Champions League final goalscorer. Rest in peace, horrible disease.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Champions League final goalscorer. Rest in peace, horrible disease.
He scored in a CL final?

RIP. How quickly his body deteriorated is tragic.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
RIP. I watched a video of him a few months ago and as brutal as this sounds it's good that he is at peace now. He deteriorated so quickly and he looked terrible. So horrible for his family and himself. Awful disease. :(

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Sad as it is, death might be a release for him. Such a terrible desease. There was almost nothing left of him in the end.

VanAlden

Devastated by this news, although not unexpected, it's hit me like a ton of bricks. Fernando had a difficult start to his Rangers career, and not a lot of players have the mental strength to turn that around but my god he did. He was given the captaincy when Barry Ferguson left for England and it brought the best out in him in the 'Helicopter Sunday' season and it's one Rangers fans will never forget. He was crazy, genuinely, and it endeared us to him in a massive way. RIP Fernando. Once a Ranger, always a Ranger.

Reactions: Penna

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
RIP. I watched a video of him a few months ago and as brutal as this sounds it's good that he is at peace now. He deteriorated so quickly and he looked terrible. So horrible for his family and himself. Awful disease. :(
It's not brutal at all. I've watched two people die from ALS. Death is the best thing that can happen to them.