Gaming FIFA 22

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
So if you reach level 25 of experience in player career it just finishes there and you can no longer improve apparently. My player is still 19 and only rated 80 (despite the growth screen saying 85).

Seems there’s no way to improve your player further from there. Another absolute joke as per usual. These developers have the foresight of Mr Magoo.
That surely can't be right?

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
That's fair. I'm thinking it's a percentages thing and the 84 full backs have been around 4k for years and shoot to over 6k with SBC... so if they're 1.5k now, that's pretty much tripling my coins just sitting on them. So far I've just been listing all of them for about 2k more than I buy any of them and you'd be surprised at how many of them get sold, so it's good for a quick profit. Won't have the game til next week anyway so its worth it.
yeah that’s lazy buyers some people don’t care about coins so they’ll buy the first one they see, you’ll see a healthy profit no doubt.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
So if you reach level 25 of experience in player career it just finishes there and you can no longer improve apparently. My player is still 19 and only rated 80 (despite the growth screen saying 85).

Seems there’s no way to improve your player further from there. Another absolute joke as per usual. These developers have the foresight of Mr Magoo.
That's weird because I'm level 11 and my character is already rated at 82? 17 year old Ajax prodigy who had three debuts in a row according to the commentators.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Spent a lot of $$$ on packs and my luck was shocking honestly.

I had a friend who spent half of what I did and made basically the same amount of coins.
How much you spent so far? I usually end up putting in 4 figs most years but not sure I can be bothered this year. Done £150 so far.
Probably won’t play too competitively this year and won’t play much weekend leagues (was 27/28 wins last year usually) so much harder to justify it.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Very good Fifa if the next patch is done well. The game play is pretty good, crossing is decent but not too OP, good strikers like Lewa/Haaland and Lukaku are actually very good and usable for pretty much the first time ever. Keepers are a joke though, they are either completely useless or impossible to beat. It is 100x harder to score a 1v1 than a finesse shot from 30 yards. If they tweak the keepers and the distance finesse shots it’ll be a pretty decent game. Also player switching is still horrendous for the 3rd year in a row. No idea how they’ve managed to still feck that up.

Expecting the patch to turn it into a copy of last year however.

Eddy_JukeZ

How much you spent so far? I usually end up putting in 4 figs most years but not sure I can be bothered this year. Done £150 so far.
Probably won’t play too competitively this year and won’t play much weekend leagues (was 27/28 wins last year usually) so much harder to justify it.
$2500 :lol: :nervous:

Albeit, it's an investment for me, but I really hope loot-boxes are banned in video games.

Rewards are much worse in weekend league and they've catered to a wider spectrum of people. I worry they didn't compensate it with top 200 rivals rewards either.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea

Albeit, it's an investment for me, but I really hope loot-boxes are banned in video games.

Rewards are much worse in weekend league and they've catered to a wider spectrum of people. I worry they didn't compensate it with top 200 rivals rewards either.
:lol:
What was the best players you actually packed?

Yeah hopefully they’re banned, it’s a joke that to compete at a decent level you pretty much have to spend £1500+ on the first few days to have enough for a competitive team. Don’t think it’ll be too long until they are, preview packs are quite clearly Ea attempting to prepare for new legislation and being able to argue it’s not loot boxes if you know the content.

Are rivals rewards much worse too? I don’t really understand the new system but they look much worse than the old system unless I’m missing something.

Eddy_JukeZ

:lol:
What was the best players you actually packed?

Yeah hopefully they’re banned, it’s a joke that to compete at a decent level you pretty much have to spend £1500+ on the first few days to have enough for a competitive team. Don’t think it’ll be too long until they are, preview packs are quite clearly Ea attempting to prepare for new legislation and being able to argue it’s not loot boxes if you know the content.

Are rivals rewards much worse too? I don’t really understand the new system but they look much worse than the old system unless I’m missing something.
Goretzka, Rashford, and Llorente.

Just horrific luck. I think someone else would have made 14-15 mil and I'll likely net 10 mil after I finish.

Rivals rewards at first glance look much worse. I don't know if the elite division has much better rewards.

Last edited:

AaronRedDevil

I need to take a break from UT. Get started on clubs. Been to long since I got stuck into it.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
You don’t need to spend £2000 to compete. Don’t mean to be harsh but that’s the reason the game is left half baked. Massive shame.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
You don’t need to spend £2000 to compete. Don’t mean to be harsh but that’s the reason the game is left half baked. Massive shame.
I have a feeling Eddy might play in a different paddling pool to you.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout

Seek help

LonelyFire

One of the most frustrating games I have ever played.

The shooting mechanics are the dumbest I've ever seen in a FIFA game.

And I've got Ronaldo, Messi, Mbappe, and Neymar in my squad. You are handicapping yourself if you shoot inside the box.
Yep. It’s a mess. It’s worse on next gen as well.

LonelyFire

For the last time lads, Eddy is a pro player. So, when he says playing competitively he isn’t meaning WL like the rest of us. He’s meaning actual pro tournaments. So, yes, gold Adama Traore ain’t cutting it.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!

Just horrific luck. I think someone else would have made 14-15 mil and I'll likely net 10 mil after I finish.

Rivals rewards at first glance look much worse. I don't know if the elite division has much better rewards.
That's awful luck from that amount. I would be so annoyed, I got almost as good in 12k fifa points.

I've just noticed rivals rewards look awful too. Barely worth playing as a casual.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho

Wow that is mad, I got De Bruyne from the sbc and IF Salah from my TOTW due to buying ultimate. What platform do you play on?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Every year the same conversation with people shocked at how much @Eddy_JukeZ spends at the start. It's basically his tools for the year if he was a tradesman
I'm just thinking about the amount of hours he had to sit through pack opening animations.

Conor

Yes you do. You can't use bad players in high level games.
Do you always come out with more than you've put in each year? Seems insane that you basically have to put that in to compete at a high level, FIFA must be the only pro game where that is the case? Such a barrier to entry for younger people.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Sorry, can I just confirm. Are we talking about spending 2500 fifa coins or actual real life money? :lol:

I had 100 points left from my 4600 yesterday so I spent £3.59 to get another 500 (So that I could get 4 new packs and have no coins left over). I felt physically sick and instantly regretted doing it. I cannot fathom how people can spend vast amounts.

I'm not judging by the way. Each to their own. I just struggle to get my head around it

EDIT - I've read up and seen @Eddy_JukeZ is a pro player. Fair play.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Player career mode ruined for me by a glitch.

Tried Create a club mode instead. First game in League Two and Forest Green are playing tiki taka football and barely misplace a pass. There’s a bug where I keep getting the same email. Bored already. Love that you have to re-do every single training session to try and get an A every time you do a new career. That’s not tedious at all.

Some of this shit should be criminal. To charge money for something you’ve basically left untouched is an absolute joke.

Another year of exclusively only playing mates online then.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
There are kids who spend that over the year on FIFA points and they're garbage :lol: bank of mum and dad getting bankrupted.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Player career mode ruined for me by a glitch.

Tried Create a club mode instead. First game in League Two and Forest Green are playing tiki taka football and barely misplace a pass. There’s a bug where I keep getting the same email. Bored already. Love that you have to re-do every single training session to try and get an A every time you do a new career. That’s not tedious at all.

Some of this shit should be criminal. To charge money for something you’ve basically left untouched is an absolute joke.

Another year of exclusively only playing mates online then.
You're convincing me not to bother with it again :lol:

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I'm new to Ultimate and just packed Varane. Does it make sense to wait a little bit before selling him or is his value unlikely to increase?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I'm new to Ultimate and just packed Varane. Does it make sense to wait a little bit before selling him or is his value unlikely to increase?
Wait, his value will go up. Him and Van Dijk are the best centerbacks in the game and their price will go up when the game comes out fully.

Santos J

Yeah he'll likely rise a bit this Thursday/Friday when people are buying for WL.

He's a beast though so would just keep him unless you want the coins to build the rest of the team, I have him & Kimpembe with Theo & Hakimi either side and they're just ridiculous.

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Wait, his value will go up. Him and Van Dijk are the best centerbacks in the game and their price will go up when the game comes out fully.
Thanks, any guess how high his value might go? Looks like I could sell for about 300k right now.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Just invested 450K into fodder. Hope to triple my coins over next couple of weeks.