FIFA ban Barcelona from signing any players for next 2 transfer windows for breaches relating

Raulduke

Wow, did this just come out of the blue? Hadn't heard anything about this until now.

Melvyn

prostate examiner
Is this going to affect the ter Stegen transfer is what I want to know.

mufcwarm92

My word. This is serious shit. Probably get overturned though as most of them seem to.

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
Surely they'll find a way round the GK crisis. At the very least, they'll be allowed an emergency loan, no?

And aren't they allowed to sign free transfers?

NoLogo

Oh and if Barca can't appeal this they are going to be fecked. Short on defenders anyways with Puyol leaving in the summer and they can't bring anyone in? They are fecked if FIFA goes through with this which they should if Braca really is guilty.

And totally forgot that they are losing their GK as well, is the ter Stegen contract already wrapped up? If not, :lol: :lol: :lol:

C.M.P

2014 Grand National Sweepstake Winner
I'm not being an idiot when I assume that this means they can't sign any players over the next 2 years? Not just U-18's?
Just the next two windows.

tippex

I'm not being an idiot when I assume that this means they can't sign any players over the next 2 years? Not just U-18's?
No my reading of it is this summer and next jan that would be 2 transfers periods.

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
They'll appeal against it, which will take us into the summer, sign a few players, then either drop their appeal or they'll lose it. Cheating cnuts.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
2 windows, to summer 2015 is when the ban lifts. I presume it is to do with contracted players, so they can still take young academy lads and all that.

Halilovic deal too, where does that stand?

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
2 windows, to summer 2015 is when the ban lifts. I presume it is to do with contracted players, so they can still take young academy lads and all that.

Halilovic deal too, where does that stand?
On 27 March 2014, FC Barcelona reached an agreement with Dinamo for a five-year transfer to the club for an initial fee of €2.2 million

Plugsy

I think he has mistaken the date. April fools is over.

Btw I don't think we should open threads with source that come from twitter.
He's a journalist. Why wait until he types it up on a news site before discussing it?

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
On 27 March 2014, FC Barcelona reached an agreement with Dinamo for a five-year transfer to the club for an initial fee of €2.2 million
Ya, agreement, but he is not yet registered to Barca. Does that void the deal, or can they loan him out, or just push the joining date forward to 2015 I suppose

Joemo

whistling in the wind
Gladbach now have Ter Stegen and Sommer, so they'll probably look to loan one of them out. They might loan Sommer back to Basel, although he'd be a decent short term loan for Barca actually.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Well. Well. I was going to say "wrong date" but this is actually legit, no?

Feckin' hell. They'll no doubt appeal. Successfully too, I shouldn't wonder.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
They will still be able to sell players but I doubt they will given they are already short of numbers in defense and need attackers after being involved in around 55 matches at least each year. With Puyol and Valdes leaving defense will be in trouble. This is chance for likes of Bartra to establish himself.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I would imagine if barca can prove they have players on pre contracts for the summer, they should be able to sign them.

Anything that isn't already pre agreed though should be binned.

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

It's also on BBC Sport...

Barcelona given transfer ban by Fifa

Spanish champions Barcelona have been given a 14-month transfer ban by Fifa for breaking rules on signing international players under 18.
The Catalan club cannot buy or sell players until the summer of 2015 after the world governing body imposed a transfer ban for the next two windows.
They have also been fined 450,000 Swiss Francs (£305,000).
Fifa has also sanctioned the Spanish Football Federation (RFEF) for the same breaches.
The RFEF has been given a fine of 500,000 Swiss Francs (£340,000) and told to "regularise [its] regulatory framework and existing system concerning the international transfer of minors in football" within a year.

More to follow.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/26852466

Can they appeal the decision?

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
I would imagine if barca can prove they have players on pre contracts for the summer, they should be able to sign them.

Anything that isn't already pre agreed though should be binned.
It'll prove nothing. Their registration wouldn't be approved.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
To think practically though, it will come to nothing. Barca will reach 'settlement' over it with FIFA. Maybe FIFA will reward them with referee of their choice for few games as well.