Gaming Final Fantasy VII: Rebirth (PS5)

stu_1992

Anyone else experiencing a horrible decline in performance when using graphics mode since the patch yesterday? I had it in graphics mode the entire time, then came the patch and the entire thing is choppy as feck. Had to put it in one of the performance modes as a result. This was on chapter 7 I believe.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Anyone else experiencing a horrible decline in performance when using graphics mode since the patch yesterday? I had it in graphics mode the entire time, then came the patch and the entire thing is choppy as feck. Had to put it in one of the performance modes as a result. This was on chapter 7 I believe.
Yeah its been choppy as feck for me too especially in fights with a lot of things happening. On chapter 12

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I'm really struggling with dyne on phase 3. It's a cnut of a fight.

Raw

I'm really struggling with dyne on phase 3. It's a cnut of a fight.
You really just have to focus on dodging his ridiculous attacks and wait until his arm becomes targetable so you can quickly Fira it and pressure him. There's a couple moves where he shoots lasers at you, if you run towards him as he's doing it he'll immediately cancel it and do a AOE move around him that you can easily dodge. Gives you precious time to heal or get a few hits in.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
You really just have to focus on dodging his ridiculous attacks and wait until his arm becomes targetable so you can quickly Fira it and pressure him. There's a couple moves where he shoots lasers at you, if you run towards him as he's doing it he'll immediately cancel it and do a AOE move around him that you can easily dodge. Gives you precious time to heal or get a few hits in.
I finally did it. It took me a while to figure out how to dodge hidden barb. You basically have to dodge just before it emerges. Once I got that it was fine.

SuperiorXI

Got to the Gold Saucer, this game is bat shit mental, is the rest of it this infantile because I can't be arsed with this nonsense. I don't remember the party turning into a K Pop group in the original game. I prefer when it focuses on the main storyline but it just seems like a glorified Mario Party so far with these infuriating minigames. Maybe the game isn't for me.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Managed to complete Cloud, Tifa and Aerith’s legendary fights. Aerith’s wasn’t too bad other than the last fight which was a cnut.

Raw

After 175 hours, I finally have the platinum! Last two legendary fights really got my heart pumping but once you nail the method down it's not too bad.

Contemplating whether to complete it 100% by getting all the green ticks in the play log or finally moving on :lol:

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I’m on chapter 12 now, just trying to finish out a few side quests before finding out who my date is. I dropped it down to easy mode for some of the more annoying mini games like the chocobo racing just to be done with them.

Don’t think I’ll do hard mode after, but maybe eventually.

Great game let down by poor pacing and a bit too much bloat