Gaming Final Fantasy VII: Rebirth (PS5)

Raw

Just ran into a glitch which seems to trigger because of the new patch (1.02)

I did the UPA G-Bike section of the side quest yet despite beating the score (and already having beat it before starting the quest anyway) it doesn't continue the quest. Seems like others have ran into it and the best fix is to uninstall the game and reinstall without the new patch. Kinda fecked if you have a digital copy though.

padr81

Supports
Man City
As much as I enjoy QB I do think a lot of it can be luck depending on what cards you get drawn. I understand they didn’t want it too predictable but sometimes it feels impossible depending on the cards you get. I did finally get past that one and beat the other ones fairly easy then thankfully.
I consistently just use retry as soon as my deck pops up if I don't like it.

CloneMC16

Just ran into a glitch which seems to trigger because of the new patch (1.02)

I did the UPA G-Bike section of the side quest yet despite beating the score (and already having beat it before starting the quest anyway) it doesn't continue the quest. Seems like others have ran into it and the best fix is to uninstall the game and reinstall without the new patch. Kinda fecked if you have a digital copy though.
I had the same bug. Reinstalled the game to get passed it. The damn game is so big it takes over an hour to install.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Bug fix not working for me so I'm just stuck until they patch it. :mad:

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Just finished it. Overall I'm very impressed with how they have handled this after remake and I'd probably give it an 8.5 to a 9 out of 10.

I think there are some really outstanding moments in the game that reach 10/10 levels. In particular the region with Cissnei and then Cosmo Canyon are highlights for me but there are also some quite bad lows in terms of the mini games at times which have put a slight dampening on the game in the closing stages. Fix those and it will be grand.

I was pretty annoyed by how they went with whisper stuff in Remake but this game has kind of made me forget how bad that path is because it's just good. I was always a bigger fan of 8 over 7 and connected with the characters more but I've enjoyed how they've developed each of the characters and make you really attach yourselves to their individual stories, more than I was able to in the original.

A bit sad you can't play as Cid or Vincent but Id be surprised if there wasn't a DLC for both akin to Yuffie in the remake where you explore their past a bit and the character. I think the world they've created enables them to create a lot of interesting content if they choose to, and although it's already incredibly beefy, they could probably add some more accessible content because a lot of the side stuff is going to be difficult for casuals - I know I'm going to struggle on a lot of it!

Might start on a hard save now and just use it to get up to level 70 and then go back to normal and finish off side quest stuff.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
He's really not that bad imo. Especially if you use ranged characters.
Aye got him and his crown shortly after. Just an annoying game at times!

the sheer shout of mini games and content they packed in is impressive but a lot of it doesn’t land for me.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Not so bad with Yuffie, Aerith was hard going.
Weirdly the one that gave me most trouble was the bomb one with Yuffie.

The last side quest in the Saucer is bugged since the patch, now I cant complete it grrr.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
When you're skipping cut scenes in hard mode, the game doesn't feel half as long as it is. :lol:

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I imagine if you're not doing any side stuff or intel then it'll be nothing :lol:

How's the difficulty increase? I heard it was harder than Remake.
Been doing side quests because some are attached to scriptures you need. It is harder than remake in terms of the bosses and those shitty enemies which already do lots of damage on normal mode if you mistime a block or dodge (like Zu etc.).

The bosses come with that stinky cheese element that the final battle with Sephiroth does where they just spam abilities and you're sitting there sometimes unable to do much. Definitely going to be a game where you have to take things slow and methodically rather than just fly in and take down everything.

padr81

Supports
Man City
When you're skipping cut scenes in hard mode, the game doesn't feel half as long as it is. :lol:
I did the first 7 chapters in hard mode in 6 hours or something. I imagine it'll be about 15 all in.

CloneMC16

Finally finished everything in my first dynamic playthrough. Time for the real game now. Hard mode and brutal/legendary simulations. I'll probably try and grind out and upgrade all of my materia I'm going to use before I start.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
White Terror in the combat simulator needs to get fecked.
That was a cnut on hard mode on the side quest. I did it basically using Barret as a tank and using his steelskin and lifesaver crap.

SuperiorXI

So many of ‘em suck. That stupid mushroom picking for example.

love the game but it’s definitely overkill.
I'm at Costa Del Sol at the moment and it feels like a different game. A number of them handle really poorly and are just not fun. Some are just stupid and pointless like the fecking Moogle ones.

CloneMC16

I'm at Costa Del Sol at the moment and it feels like a different game. A number of them handle really poorly and are just not fun. Some are just stupid and pointless like the fecking Moogle ones.
It gets worse. You've got a lot more coming later on!

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Having to park those Wheeleis was a drag.

pacifictheme

Gongaga was easily my favourite area, best bit of story so far and decent exploration. Good luck in Cosmo canyon if you didn't enjoy it :lol:

The only quest I remember having a mini game was the chicken quest and that has a great payoff.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Wtf is up with Cait Sith being a ned. Jeeesus

CloneMC16

Oh christ... I might just skip them. Do you miss anything important? I'm not going for 100% but I want good weapons/materia etc
Unless you're going for plat, not really. Most of the rewards are healing items and items used for crafting and some accessories. You do get the occasional materia reward, but I'm pretty sure they're all materia you can buy from the materia vendors. You find weapons in chests and the majority of the best materia comes from Chadley.

Edit: After looking at a guide, there are 3 weapons that require you to play a mini game to get.

Wtf is up with Cait Sith being a ned. Jeeesus
I was NOT expecting that :lol:

Last edited:

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Just beat the Chapter 3 boss. Enjoying hard mode, feel like it makes you think much more regarding strategies and making use of abilities. Much quicker going through too with all the fast travel locations available.

Flowers on the hill quest on chapter 2 though with the mandrakes (think that’s what they were called) - utterly ridiculous.