Gaming Final Fantasy VII: Rebirth (PS5)

Moby

Dick
Sorry beginner question - I have completed all the world intel for Grasslands, and all the 5 quests, but under the Region Name in this case Grasslands, what is the second icon under the name? First one is quests which is 5/5 but the second one is 2/3 and not sure what I am missing here.

Woodzy

Sorry beginner question - I have completed all the world intel for Grasslands, and all the 5 quests, but under the Region Name in this case Grasslands, what is the second icon under the name? First one is quests which is 5/5 but the second one is 2/3 and not sure what I am missing here.
Think it’s queens blood players

Moby

Dick
Fort Condor is unnecessarily difficult for me
I got to this yesterday and this is the manifestation of my most hated mobile gaming genre. I won the one needed for the intel activity but fecking hell, this is the worst format of gaming ever created.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
I got to this yesterday and this is the manifestation of my most hated mobile gaming genre. I won the one needed for the intel activity but fecking hell, this is the worst format of gaming ever created.
I endeded up getting ok it and beating them all in hard mode

Moby

Dick
I endeded up getting ok it and beating them all in hard mode
For now it felt super random. I gave it a few tries and I ended up winning with one second left and that was pretty much luck. But I really hate these clash games, so I don't want to spend too much time on it. :lol:

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
You're not gonna like the Chapter 12 boss then. Was a right pain in the cnut.
I did a bit of grinding before going into that chapter. Im stuck at the final boss now of the now. Even though it makes me feel like a noob i might just do that boss on easy mode. This game is great in many aspects but i find most of the open world tedious and i just want the story to get going.

caid

Just rage quit after trying the chaper 14 boss. Not fun!
Its rage inducing alright. Pity after a lot of good boss fights but they screwed that one badly. Feel like it was the same in remake and the last boss was really excessive in that too.

Irwin99

Finished it earlier today, i'd give it an 8/10. It would probably scrape a 9 on another day but I wouldn't want people to be too hyped for it almost. The gameplay is the best part so its easy to enjoy regardless of how you feel about anything else.
Think they did a pretty great job in terms of fan service and nostalgia. They have references to the most microscopic details from the originals to the point its clear they played them to death. Thought they hit the mark pretty well in terms of being funny and silly and flirty and fun but were pretty far off in the more sincere or dramatic parts. The whispers / fate stuff turned large parts of the story into incomprehensible nonsense. Red XIII's 12 year old american voice made me wince everytime i heard it, I hate it. I kind of get they were going for a contrast but its just awful. Last boss had far, far too many phases. Its like 12 boss fights in a row or something utterly stupid. Its just excessive and stops being interesting after the 3rd swap up. Difficulty is too easy for a lot of the game (rufus and a couple of other bosses are a massive difficulty spike). The dynamic difficulty isn't a great replacement for Hard from the previous game. Other than all that stuff its still pretty great. But its great for stuff thats clear pretty early in the game, once you start exploring the grasslands. Combat is great. Music is great and the pair of them carry things along well enough. It explicitly mixing things up from the original makes me pretty forgiving of story changes. But i'd say they're pretty consistently bad. I enjoyed the newer stuff more than the remixed old stuff i think. Mini Games were mostly a nice diversion but the idea of getting good at them and trying to 3 star them sounds like hell.
One of your comments is a massive reason why i chose to just watch it on Youtube and not buy it. I'm not doing that crap again like they pulled at the end of remake. Boss fight, massive stagger gauges, different forms, another boss fight etc. I'm pleased people like the game but the thought of that again just tires me out thinking about it, especially coupled with

the timelines/Zack business and 'dead' characters having another 200 hundred scenes after their deaths. I watched that Dyne/Barret scene and i couldn't believe the boss fights/car chase :lol: . There's nothing wrong with the OTT style it's just a different take on the game but it's not for me. I get what they are trying to do with the Aerith death but if i had been playing the game i would have just absolutely hated the length of the final boss and the Zack stuff, it would probably have ruined the impact which is how i felt at the end of remake with the stupid Whisper bosses.

caid

One of your comments is a massive reason why i chose to just watch it on Youtube and not buy it. I'm not doing that crap again like they pulled at the end of remake. Boss fight, massive stagger gauges, different forms, another boss fight etc. I'm pleased people like the game but the thought of that again just tires me out thinking about it, especially coupled with

the timelines/Zack business and 'dead' characters having another 200 hundred scenes after their deaths. I watched that Dyne/Barret scene and i couldn't believe the boss fights/car chase :lol: . There's nothing wrong with the OTT style it's just a different take on the game but it's not for me. I get what they are trying to do with the Aerith death but if i had been playing the game i would have just absolutely hated the length of the final boss and the Zack stuff, it would probably have ruined the impact which is how i felt at the end of remake with the stupid Whisper bosses.
yeah that dyne scene. As i said they missed the mark badly on the more dramatic / sincere parts. Spent most of the section rolling my eyes and cringing. I think the original was a really strong story moment so that was disappointing. To be honest i think you've seen the worst parts of the game, its fun to play despite the story being mostly terrible. Minus the last boss which was shit

padr81

Supports
Man City
Its rage inducing alright. Pity after a lot of good boss fights but they screwed that one badly. Feel like it was the same in remake and the last boss was really excessive in that too.
I honestly thought there was only 1 really bad moment in that gauntlet and its
right at the end with Seph casts the end is nigh, simply because similar to a 1v1 fight earlier vs Roche.
it competely changes how combat works and breaks the rules established by the game
One shotting the player for letting the pressure or stagger gauge run out.[
I'd go so far as to say all the parts with Cloud were piss easy and only fighting Bahamut/Seph with Barrett and team was tough

That said it was long and by the end I was like this better be the last one.

caid

I honestly thought there was only 1 really bad moment in that gauntlet and its
right at the end with Seph casts the end is nigh, simply because similar to a 1v1 fight earlier vs Roche.
it competely changes how combat works and breaks the rules established by the game
One shotting the player for letting the pressure or stagger gauge run out.[
I'd go so far as to say all the parts with Cloud were piss easy and only fighting Bahamut/Seph with Barrett and team was tough

That said it was long and by the end I was like this better be the last one.
I feel like they introduced a couple of mechanics and without assess its trial and error to figure it out which in a 20+ min boss fight is frankly stupid. Dragging a summon into the fight was stupid. They could / should have cut out about half the phases and it wouldn't have missed anything.
it dont get why they keep throwing the original games final boss at us too, are we going to have another copy and paste final boss in the last game? I dont know how i'd make that interesting but i strongly suspect their answer will be even more phases

padr81

Supports
Man City
I feel like they introduced a couple of mechanics and without assess its trial and error to figure it out which in a 20+ min boss fight is frankly stupid. Dragging a summon into the fight was stupid. They could / should have cut out about half the phases and it wouldn't have missed anything.
it dont get why they keep throwing the original games final boss at us too, are we going to have another copy and paste final boss in the last game? I dont know how i'd make that interesting but i strongly suspect their answer will be even more phases
I didn't really find anything else crazy new mechanically, A couple of times I was like "Why is x immune for a second" but other than that just the stagger thing felt totally new. I did too find final form Seph weird because its gonna be meaningless now come disc3 when he looks the exact same. I do think we should have been allowed pick who fights with who is split sections like the classic games because if materia wasn't equipeed right I'd imagine some can be a proper bollix.

In terms of the game as a whole I agree wtih most your feedback.
The entire sequence though is a narrative mess and while I loved the game, from Under Junon to Gongaga was its strongest phase when the game was just FF7. All the time line stuff takes away from it for me but not to the point I didn't love it. Watching Aerith live in one timeline, die in another and Cloud being such an unreliable narrator, they really overstepped there I find. I actually felt like they did Cloud really dirty from Chapter 13 to the end (the entire game falls apart here), which is weird to say given in the og he literally goes full UFC on Aeris and still comes out more likeable than here. I didn't mind the over the top stop, it was clear from the start of remake they were going all in on DBZ anime style bullshit (I'm not an anime guy).

I will say them constantly ducking the darker stuff is noticeable to me too. Cid being a nice guy instead of an abusive dick, no Shera. No Cloud beating Aerith, people survivng the sector 7 plate. A lot of the big moments lose impact when they only happen sometimes.

The game is at its best when its just FF7. I still give it a 10 outta 10 or manybe a 9 but I have this feeling of what the game could have been was it just a remake.

I have a crackpot theory too and its just nonsense enough Nomura might do it and I hope I'm wrong.
I think they're red herringing people on what the whipsers are, and all the white whispers are timelines where Aerith dies, the black timelines where the party wins, which of course means the og is pointless in the grand scheme of things. As it is now it feels like its barely relevant as is.

TrustInOle

Music has been phenomenal throughout this so far, but my word is the little stamp battle music a banger :lol:

A 2 minute song on a couple of misable quests, the Devs didn't need to go this hard!

Woodzy

Finished it. Great game held back by a lot of poor decisions along the way. I’d agree in saying the game is at its best when it’s being FF7.

caid

I didn't really find anything else crazy new mechanically, A couple of times I was like "Why is x immune for a second" but other than that just the stagger thing felt totally new. I did too find final form Seph weird because its gonna be meaningless now come disc3 when he looks the exact same. I do think we should have been allowed pick who fights with who is split sections like the classic games because if materia wasn't equipeed right I'd imagine some can be a proper bollix.

In terms of the game as a whole I agree wtih most your feedback.
The entire sequence though is a narrative mess and while I loved the game, from Under Junon to Gongaga was its strongest phase when the game was just FF7. All the time line stuff takes away from it for me but not to the point I didn't love it. Watching Aerith live in one timeline, die in another and Cloud being such an unreliable narrator, they really overstepped there I find. I actually felt like they did Cloud really dirty from Chapter 13 to the end (the entire game falls apart here), which is weird to say given in the og he literally goes full UFC on Aeris and still comes out more likeable than here. I didn't mind the over the top stop, it was clear from the start of remake they were going all in on DBZ anime style bullshit (I'm not an anime guy).

I will say them constantly ducking the darker stuff is noticeable to me too. Cid being a nice guy instead of an abusive dick, no Shera. No Cloud beating Aerith, people survivng the sector 7 plate. A lot of the big moments lose impact when they only happen sometimes.

The game is at its best when its just FF7. I still give it a 10 outta 10 or manybe a 9 but I have this feeling of what the game could have been was it just a remake.

I have a crackpot theory too and its just nonsense enough Nomura might do it and I hope I'm wrong.
I think they're red herringing people on what the whipsers are, and all the white whispers are timelines where Aerith dies, the black timelines where the party wins, which of course means the og is pointless in the grand scheme of things. As it is now it feels like its barely relevant as is.
The color coded wings took me far too long to figure out. I think there was a flan early in the game that had the same mechanics, it just seemed kind of absurd to expect me to remember that 70 odd hours later. And to know it was that and not that it was just immune to physical damage or only vulnerable to damage when the summon was down or a dozen other possible mechanics.

Gehrman

Can someone help find the missing queens blood player? Im on chapter 13

ive beated everyone but Vincent but he on the planeboat leading to point of bo return. In all visible regions i only miss a player in Nibelheim which is Vincent but he's not there

Last edited:

caid

Can someone help find the missing queens blood player? Im on chapter 13

ive beated everyone but Vincent but he on the planeboat leading to point of bo return. In all visible regions i only miss a player in Nibelheim which is Vincent but he's not there
hes next to shinra mansion, just outside.

Gehrman

hes next to shinra mansion, just outside.
He's not there. But ive read you need to beat 28 players to trigger him. Im at 27 Ive looked at my map and ive beaten all players apart from 1/2 in Nibelheim. I have no idea if this is a glich or something. There are no queens blood icons left on the map.

caid

He's not there. But ive read you need to beat 28 players to trigger him. Im at 27 Ive looked at my map and ive beaten all players apart from 1/2 in Nibelheim. I have no idea if this is a glich or something. There are no queens blood icons left on the map.
Theres 2 in the town. One in the town hall, one in tifa's old house

padr81

Supports
Man City
The color coded wings took me far too long to figure out. I think there was a flan early in the game that had the same mechanics, it just seemed kind of absurd to expect me to remember that 70 odd hours later. And to know it was that and not that it was just immune to physical damage or only vulnerable to damage when the summon was down or a dozen other possible mechanics.
Thats fair too, I've been on a bit of a jrpg buzz lately so
soon as I saw the wings changing colour I think it went red and he cast a fire spell I was like "shut up Tifa I know what I'm doing" as almost every jrpg ever has ne boss like that. But for sure too thats not a common mechanic that came up throughout the game. I think a big issue with that fight too could be the party members and materia set up one had for it, like if you went in with limited elemental magic you were in for a bad time with no warning.

Moby

Dick

caid

Thats fair too, I've been on a bit of a jrpg buzz lately so
soon as I saw the wings changing colour I think it went red and he cast a fire spell I was like "shut up Tifa I know what I'm doing" as almost every jrpg ever has ne boss like that. But for sure too thats not a common mechanic that came up throughout the game. I think a big issue with that fight too could be the party members and materia set up one had for it, like if you went in with limited elemental magic you were in for a bad time with no warning.
Theres an element of me being dopy and just not noticing them changing color. 3 of them are fairly similar and a couple of times i thought 'they were blue / green a second ago weren't they?' but just kind of dismissed it. Bahamut chewing on my ass and throwing lasers all over the kip was distracting for something thats miles outside of the arena for large portions of the fight and whatever way it worked i just wasn't looking when they were red. I'd chewed through a few ethers before i noticed and it clicked when i saw it. One of the characters had elemental materia equipped so every so often a bit of damage went through and that confused things a fair bit too

Woodzy

I figured this out fairly quickly, but what I’d didn’t appreciate was the locked party selection and the inability to prep my material selection for it. It was the first phase I died on however, and the reason for my rage quit coming outside of the spoiler tag now as a warning for others.

The retry menu for the final boss is incredibly poorly worded. If you want to save your controller and avoid the rage experienced, when you inevitably die just select the first option, reading them will confuse you and you will pick the wrong one.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Crap I thought I had starred all piano songs, but there's one last song after you get the trophy :lol:

padr81

Supports
Man City
I figured this out fairly quickly, but what I’d didn’t appreciate was the locked party selection and the inability to prep my material selection for it. It was the first phase I died on however, and the reason for my rage quit coming outside of the spoiler tag now as a warning for others.

The retry menu for the final boss is incredibly poorly worded. If you want to save your controller and avoid the rage experienced, when you inevitably die just select the first option, reading them will confuse you and you will pick the wrong one.
Yeah I got it right at the end of very last fight and had no clue what to click. Actually quickly googled on my phone to see people say "select only the top options" which probably saved me walking away for a bit.

caid

I hovered over the wrong option. Just remembered getting caught out by it the last game so avoided it this time. It is worded stupidly.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I read that there's actually another one after that, and you have to do all of the Jonny collectibles to get it!
All these things just need A rank though which is easy. I want all stars just because the voices are telling me so.

Woodzy

I'm enjoying this game but some of you really went in deep :lol:
I think I finally burnt out at Nibel and just made a straight for the ending. Ironically was the most fun to traverse and the chocobo was actually enjoyable to use.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Finished it last night. Outstanding game overall despite it being overly bloated in places. I see they’re going full in on the multiverse stuff so I’m happy to go along with it. I think they’ve done a great job of all the characters, particularly the friendship between Tifa and Aerith.

Actually didn’t find the final battles too tough, though it did feel a bit overly long but it was enjoyable enough.

Also not sure how I feel with Cloud being able to converse with/see Aerith. Think her death in the original set up Cloud’s motivation for the end game well.

Can’t wait for the third. Going to tidy up the sidequests and then do another playthrough on hard. Game definitely is at its best when it just focuses on being FF7 as others have said.

Always thought the original game came into its own after Aeris’ death so looking forward to see how they tackle the third game - though they have a lot to cover. Hope stuff doesn’t end up being cut.
@Irwin99 I’m disappointed that you’re not gonna add this to your list of FF platinums.