Finley McAllister

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Signed his first professional contract with the club.

Salford-born England youth regular, United through and through. He’s often seen in the away end when we play on the road. Just turned 17.

DM/CM, can play in defense too.

Pearson

I like his name. Always love an academy player being a United fan through and through.

He is a tough lad and has the proper arrogance and tenacity on the pitch. Hope he can develop as a DM.

khoazany

Needs to stay injury-free this season. Him and Fritzegald is a frightening midfield double pivot when fit.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Needs to stay injury-free this season. Him and Fritzegald is a frightening midfield double pivot when fit.
Where do you think the Fletcher twins will fit in then? Rotation options?

KevinJoh

Probably rotation, or maybe they can all play together. McAllister often playing as defender, and he is age above, while Fitzgerald and Fletcher are both in England U16 team and the other in Scotland U17, so it good choice to have. Scanlon is also there.

top1whoisman

Scout
Probably rotation, or maybe they can all play together. McAllister often playing as defender, and he is age above, while Fitzgerald and Fletcher are both in England U16 team and the other in Scotland U17, so it good choice to have. Scanlon is also there.
I don’t think there are such roles per se in the U18s. Nor should there. No automatic starters, no rotation options, no backups.

Every player will get their chance, especially as unfortunately there are always quite a few injuries during the season. I’m sure all four will get plenty of minutes.

That’s also why we tend to participate in a few international tournaments.

The best/most ready of them could also get an early promotion to the U21s.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
There will definitely be early promotions to the u21s. Currently it looks like only Gore, Oyedele, and Collyer. Oyedele has already succeeded on loan and should certainly go on another. If Gore keeps impressing on tour then he could have loan offers or even be travelling with the first team at times next season which leaves only Collyer. So purely on a numbers basis, some of the u18s midfielders will have to be promoted early.

top1whoisman

Scout
There will definitely be early promotions to the u21s. Currently it looks like only Gore, Oyedele, and Collyer. Oyedele has already succeeded on loan and should certainly go on another. If Gore keeps impressing on tour then he could have loan offers or even be travelling with the first team at times next season which leaves only Collyer. So purely on a numbers basis, some of the u18s midfielders will have to be promoted early.
Don't forget the highly-talented young Huddlestone. Expecting a big season from him.

Acquire Me

Can’t say I know much about him. That said, I am all aboard that he will become a midfielder beast for us.

Anyway, congratulations to him for getting the contract. Very well done.

khoazany

Was suggesting us developing him as a full back and got shot down. In my opinion he has better chance to make it with us in that position than as a midfielder. Versatility will only become a plus after that.

Different case than let's say Oyedele who can play as right back but better in midfield. I think Finley is natural in both roles.

Last edited:

lysglimt

Scout
Was suggesting us developing him as a full back and got shot down. In my opinion he has better chance to make it with us in that position than as a midfielder. Versatility will only become a plus after that.

Different case than let's say Oyedele who can play as right back but better in midfield. I think Finley is natural in both roles.
He isn't good enough as a full back. The last few games he has played there - it has clearly been our weakest link. He is too slow and lacks awareness of the runs behind him. He is much better in midfield

Gungerz

Spotted him in the away end celebrating Martial's goal. United through and through.

top1whoisman

Scout
Another top performance tonight. Dominated midfield with Fitzgerald. Nice to see them together in the middle of the park, they complement each other pretty well.

Sea-Cow

Another top performance tonight. Dominated midfield with Fitzgerald. Nice to see them together in the middle of the park, they complement each other pretty well.

Did one of the pair sit deep, or did they go old school 4-4-2 action with two all action CMs doing a bit of everything?

top1whoisman

Scout
Did one of the pair sit deep, or did they go old school 4-4-2 action with two all action CMs doing a bit of everything?
While having different qualities to an extent, they both seemed to be allowed to go forward as long as the other one was covering deeper. McAllister is perhaps a bit more defensive minded tackling DM whereas Fitzgerald is more of a composed deep-lying playmaker type. Both pretty good in terms of understanding the game.

RPT_Reddevil

Simple yet effective. Too early to say but gave Carrick vibes.

M16Red

I watched the game, and was wondering who this guy was - his positioning was like a CB in a middle three and then seems to just drift into the CDM I couldn't figure out if he was a CB.. looks good

Sea-Cow

While having different qualities to an extent, they both seemed to be allowed to go forward as long as the other one was covering deeper. McAllister is perhaps a bit more defensive minded tackling DM whereas Fitzgerald is more of a composed deep-lying playmaker type. Both pretty good in terms of understanding the game.
Cheers!

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
This group of youngsters is so exciting. Talent all over the park and many of them are quite adaptable and versatile too.

SunTzu

This group of youngsters is so exciting. Talent all over the park and many of them are quite adaptable and versatile too.
Very much agree. Seem to have a lot of young talent. Hope a good few of them can make it to the first team!

GueRed

McAllister and Fitzgerald have been very good this season. Consistent, strong performers in that midfield.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
McAllister and Fitzgerald have been very good this season. Consistent, strong performers in that midfield.
Injuries permitting, both will have very decent careers.

top1whoisman

Scout
What a season he’s having. Consistently putting in 7-9/10 performances. Like how he played RB the first half of the season and when we got some fullbacks back he’s moved seamlessly to what I still think is his best position in the middle of the park.

He’s showing great versatility too. Plays deep when needed but he’s adding runs into the box to his game more and more. Today’s performance the latest example of that.

Still a long way to go, but I’d love for him to make it at the club he has supported from a young age.

Last edited: