"Fishing", "Catch of the Day" etc etc

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
What a load of bollox. What's the point of it? You just make other United supporters look like a bunch of cnuts really and don't do this board any favours in doing so imo. It's almost not worth trying to have a discussion about United on this board anymore as too many of you are engaged in childish "wind ups" the sole aim of which appears to me to be making other United supporters look like pricks because of opposing views to your own. Constant threads to out the muppets. That's all that seems to go on these days. Futile really - they won't disappear because of the ingenious "wind ups".

fromo

Hi

This is my first post here, and after getting up at three in the morning (New Zealand) to watch the game I was totally pissed off. I cant believe that people are trying to "catch " other supporters!!!!

Fro

uranushk1

I'd Bellion if I said I were an optimist
fromo said:
Hi

This is my first post here, and after getting up at three in the morning (New Zealand) to watch the game I was totally pissed off. I cant believe that people are trying to "catch " other supporters!!!!

Fro
:lol:

Stanley Road

Renaissance Man
Dans said:
What a load of bollox. What's the point of it? You just make other United supporters look like a bunch of cnuts really and don't do this board any favours in doing so imo. It's almost not worth trying to have a discussion about United on this board anymore as too many of you are engaged in childish "wind ups" the sole aim of which appears to me to be making other United supporters look like pricks because of opposing views to your own. Constant threads to out the muppets. That's all that seems to go on these days. Futile really - they won't disappear because of the ingenious "wind ups".
Never a truer word spoke Mr Dans

And when they are instigated from other boards it makes it worse

DJH

fromo said:
Hi

Fro
:lol: Howzit fellow New Zealander. Twas a bitch having to wait till 3 in the morning. Tried to pass the time by watching the Everton match but damnit that game nearly put me to sleep.

fromo

Hi

Yeah I ended up having a kip before the game, still made work this morning pretty tough though!!!!!!!!!!!

DLE

Alternative for Docklands Light Rail
Dans said:

I agree, it' kinda stupid when it's happening all the time. It was funny the first time but now it's :boring:

From now on everybodys comments should be believed to be their true one. And those who throw out a 'fishy excuse' will be considered cnuts.

Goodbye fishyjokes! :nono:

JSV

woman-hating-mans-man(or sexist tw*t if you'd pref
I took gb's post seriousy because the fact is he's been moaning like a woman for a while now and yesterdays thread seemed no different.

pjaya

agreed with what written here, fishing thread have been the lowest point for Redcafe. Hope it won't be repeated again.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
pjaya said:
agreed with what written here, fishing thread have been the lowest point for Redcafe. Hope it won't be repeated again.
While I agree that there are too many threads of this type and that it has all got a bit silly and boring I think that there have been many lower points. Some of them highlights in a strange sort of a way.

Sir A1ex

Dans said:
I'm not falling for this one... nice try though :wenger:

ukbob

Caf's Coolest Rag n Bone man
Dans said:
Well Dans, my wind ups are aimed at the continual posts in here that all carry the same meaning. I mean how many beckham threads can one put up with. I think you know what I mean. there have been enough complaints about that and yet we still see multi threads about the same thing.
Now, I am all for discussions, thats what forums are about, but some of the subjects just degenerate into a load of crap. Thats where my wind ups come in. Most of them are off the wall stuff ,but then again they are no more stupid than some of the threads that go on in here. All I am trying to point out is the futility of some posts.

Dans

ukbob said:
All I am trying to point out is the futility of some posts.
Your wind ups are shit. Full stop. In your effort to "point out the futility of some posts" you are merely adding to the number of shit posts. Your stupid wind ups then attract dozens more stupid posts. The end result? A host of United fans looking like a bunch of turds, with you as the king turd orchestrating the whole sorry mess. You and the other "wind up merchants" would do yourselves more credit if you ignored the drivel rather than adding to it with waves of shite.

RedorDead6899

Acid tongued, and often called evil, but kind to s
Just seems another reason not to bother with this forum anymore.

2Bullish

I agree with brother Dans and call for an immediate new motion on this. We cannot let the Romans feck up our beloved Cafe anymore. Even ROD, who has every right to be a woman, has had enough.

RedorDead6899

Acid tongued, and often called evil, but kind to s
RoD had enough a long time ago. Hence my vow of silence in the United forum.

Bugger ;)

ukbob

Dans said:
Your wind ups are shit. Full stop. In your effort to "point out the futility of some posts" you are merely adding to the number of shit posts. Your stupid wind ups then attract dozens more stupid posts. The end result? A host of United fans looking like a bunch of turds, with you as the king turd orchestrating the whole sorry mess. You and the other "wind up merchants" would do yourselves more credit if you ignored the drivel rather than adding to it with waves of shite.
Ever heard the phrase "people in glasshouses". Mr innocent Dans. Give me a fecking break. Get off the soapbox.

Dans

ukbob said:
Ever heard the phrase "people in glasshouses". Mr innocent Dans. Give me a fecking break. Get off the soapbox.
And now you're just making it up. Show me Bob.

ukbob

Dans said:
And now you're just making it up. Show me Bob.
Am I.? You know different. Cant be arsed to go find them Dan, but you were one of the most sarcastic posters in here and you know what, I used to enjoy them. How long have you known me.? and how long have you known me to have a wind up as a laugh.? and how long have you known me as a "serious" supporter.?

Dans

The point of this thread is that I believe your windups to be sad exercises in making other United supporters look like idiots, Bob, using as subject matter the one thing we all love. Simple. The rest has feck all to do with this. You know different my arse. Apples and pears mate. You know no different and doubtless you'll carry on regardless, but I have said my piece now and it seems some others agree. That's enough for me.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Dans said:
Pot, kettle, black.

btw i wasnt trying to oust any muppets, i just got bored reading a squillion posts saying the same thing about Arsenal behaving like animals

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
JSV said:
I took gb's post seriousy because the fact is he's been moaning like a woman for a while now and yesterdays thread seemed no different.

maybe i'd take you more seriously if you werent named after a chelsea player

Dans

golden_blunder said:
Pot, kettle, black.

btw i wasnt trying to oust any muppets, i just got bored reading a squillion posts saying the same thing about Arsenal behaving like animals
:lol: you an all eh?

ukbob

Dans said:
The point of this thread is that I believe your windups to be sad exercises in making other United supporters look like idiots, Bob, using as subject matter the one thing we all love. Simple. The rest has feck all to do with this. You know different my arse. Apples and pears mate. You know no different and doubtless you'll carry on regardless, but I have said my piece now and it seems some others agree. That's enough for me.
Some agree, some don't. Look at the number of responces to the topics and you will see. The whole point of the wind ups was to counteract the continual repeating of topics all with the same story. Now that is an insult to the intelligence of people, who some think that cannot understand that you only need one topic to discuss a certain issue.

Every time I go into the chat room I get asked for the "latest news" and scoop. Is that an insult to those members.? No, why.? because they all know me and like to lighten up their lives with a bit of harmless fun.
If I for one minute thought it insulted someone I would apologise and stop. As of yet no one has said as such.

Dans

ukbob said:
Some agree, some don't. Look at the number of responces to the topics and you will see. The whole point of the wind ups was to counteract the continual repeating of topics all with the same story. Now that is an insult to the intelligence of people, who some think that cannot understand that you only need one topic to discuss a certain issue.

Every time I go into the chat room I get asked for the "latest news" and scoop. Is that an insult to those members.? No, why.? because they all know me and like to lighten up their lives with a bit of harmless fun.
If I for one minute thought it insulted someone I would apologise and stop. As of yet no one has said as such.

Most responses are from the ones like yourself who find it amusing to continually send up the posters who aren't perhaps as long fans of United as you are, who know less about football perhaps, probably who aren't english. I don't think you're insulting anyone, I think you're making fools out of a lot of them though. As for being asked for a scoop! lol - on here? You are joking aren't you? You're never here and when you are you're trying to "reel them in" or your participating in your scouse mate other red's wind up threads. Incidentally he's Alex Malone isn't he?

JSV

woman-hating-mans-man(or sexist tw*t if you'd pref
golden_blunder said:
maybe i'd take you more seriously if you werent named after a chelsea player
Jesus, can't you do better than that?

You're beggining to seem like a right nob gb.

Mr. Wood

Circle Jerkin' Wannabe
Dans, I think you're taking this a bit too far.

Indeed, these windup threads often poke fun at some unsuspecting United supporters, but in the end, it's all in good fun. Perhaps it's a bit unfair, as the newbies, who aren't trained to spot a windup, are often reeled in.

There's nothing wrong with ukbob's windups, IMO. I find them rather amusing ... And I can admit that I was reeled in the first time I saw one.

It's already been stated that most of the other windups are just poking fun at some unreasonable arguments (often pessimistic views on United's title chances). Again, IMO, nothing wrong with that.

I happen to remember some posters getting upset with my thread a few months ago which was a points system to determine how much of a supporter you truly are. I wasn't trying to wind people up, but rather point out the lack of logic in some posters' attempts to put themselves above other posters by bragging about how long they have been supporting United, that they're from Manchester, etc ...

Anyway, perhaps they've become a bit excessive in recent months but I see no problem with having an occasional laugh as long as it's all in good fun.

ukbob

Dans said:
Most responses are from the ones like yourself who find it amusing to continually send up the posters who aren't perhaps as long fans of United as you are, who know less about football perhaps, probably who aren't english. I don't think you're insulting anyone, I think you're making fools out of a lot of them though. As for being asked for a scoop! lol - on here? You are joking aren't you? You're never here and when you are you're trying to "reel them in" or your participating in your scouse mate other red's wind up threads. Incidentally he's Alex Malone isn't he?
I really was not going to post any more on this topic. However, I would like to point out that I do not participate in the "other reds" topics. I make a point of that due to the fact he is a friend.... ooh wait for it.!! I have my discussions with him face to face I have no need to continue them in here.
He states his points and I state mine and at the end of the day we both put our points of view across but in a different perspective. He cannot and does not wind me up.
What he does in here is up to him, if he winds a few up then tough shit, thats life.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Dans said:
ukbob ripped me last month when I was mentioning United needed to sign another defender to shore up the defense for the long run...he proceeded to call me a glory hunter and moaner to feck off and support arsenal or chelsea (can't remember which)...lil' bitch...

ukbob

MrMarcello said:
ukbob ripped me last month when I was mentioning United needed to sign another defender to shore up the defense for the long run...he proceeded to call me a glory hunter and moaner to feck off and support arsenal or chelsea (can't remember which)...lil' bitch...
Get your facts right ...whore.!!