Florentino Perez leaked comments

Pickle85

This is going to be good. Never fails to baffle me when these kind of things leak - surely in someone like Perez's position you have to act as though every conversation is recorded? People like that though just can't resist the opportunity to play the big man. Hilarious.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Was this when Raul was playing shite but the rumour was he has to play every game or the fans will lose their minds?
I don't remember exactly but probably, when Raúl was 28/29 he wasn't the same anymore

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
He says that the sentences are out of context, that they tried to sell it for years to the newspapers and motivated by his participation in the super league

Kaos

Oh lord, popcorn.gif time.

Just waiting for the leak where he thinks Catalunya is the nicest place in Spain, and Messi should be given the keys to the whole country.

kingwaynerooney

Supports
United
:lol: :lol: I agree with him on raul and Casillas not being good enough. They were good. They were not great.

What followed (Ramos and Ronaldo teams) is what he probabably wanted representing Real Madrid.

cyberman

Its too long ago and they have achieved too much since then for this to matter.
Perez is a bigger legend for Madrid then everyone mentioned.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
What was the context, did they not quote the part where he said "KIDDING"?

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Perez makes Woodward likeable, well, almost.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I don't remember exactly but probably, when Raúl was 28/29 he wasn't the same anymore
I recall him being so off the pace for a couple of seasons but still starting. As great as he was, he held that team back and the national side. He had a come back in Germany but he really was detrimental to the side at one point but no one dared to drop him.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
30 million per year in 2006? This can't be true?!?!?

Or is this about the earnings that these players got outside of their wages?
maybe he is talking in gross instead net and yes, including everything.
Not sure because there was the "Beckham law" and the taxes were different

DoomSlayer

maybe he is talking in gross instead net and yes, including everything.
Not sure because there was the "Beckham law" and the taxes were different
Either way, these quotes are despicable. I always had enormous respect for Casillas and Raul, true legends of the game and I always felt they were incredible professionals.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
:lol: :lol: I agree with him on raul and Casillas not being good enough. They were good. They were not great.

What followed (Ramos and Ronaldo teams) is what he probabably wanted representing Real Madrid.
It do agreed. This is probably taken out of the context.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts

Raul at one point was a top 5 striker in the world. To say he was only good is hillarious.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
The Perez friendly take would be Raul and Casillas were divas and put self interest above the good of the club, played club politics and stopped the team from progressing. Little hard to sell considering the team and individual honors during their time

The other side would be those players could see how Perez was corrupt as feck and being locals gave him the most shit and affected his life the most so he disliked them and tried to move them on a bunch of times. Little easier to believe considering the debt and the super league stuff although they did have a very successful period recently.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Its too long ago and they have achieved too much since then for this to matter.
Perez is a bigger legend for Madrid then everyone mentioned.
No, nononono. No.
What was the context, did they not quote the part where he said "KIDDING"?
:lol:

Imagine Raùl and Iker will be happy coming to work tomorrow :D

PS i have such great hopes right now :drool:

Robertd0803

Those comments really arent very good now are they? :lol: :lol:

Dont think its the first time Casillas and his girlfriend are painted in a negative light but I thought Raul was above reproach in Madrid?

Either way this is going to be fun.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Either way, these quotes are despicable. I always had enormous respect for Casillas and Raul, true legends of the game and I always felt they were incredible professionals.
Actually I agree more or less with what he says about Raúl. Personally, he always seemed like an idiot. In the sporting aspect I think he is wrong or does not value him enough, but it seems a bit like the captains + press war against the club, and the last example is Ramos.
That character and negative influence was already noticed by Luis Aragonés when he left him out of the national team.
About Iker ... more or less it was already known that he did not have much esteem for him. In any case, all this comes too late, and with Raúl as coach in Castilla and Iker president of the foundation.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
You're missing the point completely if you try to make this about the character of Raul and Casillas. I mean, one of the quotes is Perez complaining that Raul doesn't sell shirts.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Actually I agree more or less with what he says about Raúl. Personally, he always seemed like an idiot. In the sporting aspect I think he is wrong or does not value him enough, but it seems a bit like the captains + press war against the club, and the last example is Ramos.
That character and negative influence was already noticed by Luis Aragonés when he left him out of the national team.
About Iker ... more or less it was already known that he did not have much esteem for him. In any case, all this comes too late, and with Raúl as coach in Castilla and Iker president of the foundation.
Raul's main problem is that he got injured before the second leg against Manchester United in 2003 and he never came back to his usual self sports wise. Before that game in 2003 he was too good to be left out of anything. In fact I can now remember a famous football blog where they analyzed the first leg vs Manchester United saying it was Raul´s last game being absolute elite. What I remember a few seasons after that is a big debate between fans supporting Raul and those who thought he was past his best and should be dropped. The latter said he had most of media on his side and hence most fans were blindfold supporting him. The main problem is that mix was in my opinion forcing coaches not to even think about benching Raul so quite probably Floper was fed up with the whole situation.

Regarding Casillas, I remember his problems with Mou now. It was commented that Casillas was one of the people leaking sensitive information (e.g. lineups, conversations between the squad and coaches etc) to the media so that generated tension between Floper/Mou and Casillas and his friends in the media. Moreover, I'm pretty sure Mourinho also preferred Diego Lopez's type of goalkeeper.

The way I see Raul now, I think he's an extremely valuable character for the club because of what he's done with Castilla so far, both on the pitch and off the pitch (being an educational role model for the guys), so I hope this Floper's conversation doesn't affect his relation with the club. I don't think Casillas will play a very important role in the club though so I don't care that much about it to be honest.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Raul's main problem is that he got injured before the second leg against Manchester United in 2003 and he never came back to his usual self sports wise. Before that game in 2003 he was too good to be left out of anything. In fact I can now remember a famous football blog where they analyzed the first leg vs Manchester United saying it was Raul´s last game being absolute elite. What I remember a few seasons after that is a big debate between fans supporting Raul and those who thought he was past his best and should be dropped. The latter said he had most of media on his side and hence most fans were blindfold supporting him. The main problem is that mix was in my opinion forcing coaches not to even think about benching Raul so quite probably Floper was fed up with the whole situation.

Regarding Casillas, I remember his problems with Mou now. It was commented that Casillas was one of the people leaking sensitive information (e.g. lineups, conversations between the squad and coaches etc) to the media so that generated tension between Floper/Mou and Casillas and his friends in the media. Moreover, I'm pretty sure Mourinho also preferred Diego Lopez's type of goalkeeper.

The way I see Raul now, I think he's an extremely valuable character for the club because of what he's done with Castilla so far, both on the pitch and off the pitch (being an educational role model for the guys), so I hope this Floper's conversation doesn't affect his relation with the club. I don't think Casillas will play a very important role in the club though so I don't care that much about it to be honest.
I was in that group. During that time that you are commenting, Diego Torres, from the El País, wrote several articles about his character and being a dictator and
how he had become "baúl" for some fans. In the end I think it´s the president's power struggles.
Iker probably was guilty with his attitude with Mou, but even at his best it was said that Florentino was crazy about Buffon.
I don't think it will affect.Florentino now is a grandpa. Look at Ancelotti, who spoke bad about the president and has been called anyway

clarkydaz

Who is stitching him up for the Superleague, i thought they didnt care about the greater good anyway as long Madrid are taken care of