Florentino Perez leaked comments

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
I just heard the audios. Damn, they are incredibly interesting, so much better than reading the quotes. :D

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
30 million per year in 2006? This can't be true?!?!?

Or is this about the earnings that these players got outside of their wages?
Yes, he clearly says that it's everything ("entre todo").

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
So he basically hired Mourinho to get rid of Casillas? :lol:

When I used to go to the Spanish Islands for holidays I'd see a fair few Madrid shirts with Raul 7 on the back so presume it was same on the mainland given he was huge icon for them coming, Madrid born and coming through at 17 to basically be a regular. Casillas at 18 winning the CL in his first season aswell so to me was always a nice contrast to all the Galacticos although obviously Perez has completey different mindset, the weird feck.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Cristiano is crazy. This guy is an idiot, a sick man. You think this guy is normal, but he's not normal, otherwise, he wouldn't do all the things he does. The nonsense he does, that we see all the time. world world .. Why do you think he does that stupid thing? "

"Mendes does not command anything in him. Just as he does not command anything in Mourinho. Zero patatero. Even for the interviews. Nothing. No fecking case. These are guys with a terrible ego, both spoiled, the coach and him, and they don't see reality, because both of them could earn much more money if they were otherwise. These are two abnormal, because we are talking about a lot of money in the field of image rights. Also, with that face that they have, with that defiant way, that everyone dislikes them ... In reality, it is the opposite, it is the opposite! They're the two biggest morons I've ever seen ".
Full set of quotes which were said in 2012 by Perez but released now. Amazing :lol:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I've been giggling like a moron since i've first read those quotes 3 hours ago :lol:

Lynty

Those quotes make him sound incoherent. Was he drunk?

ariveded

Such selective leaks means there is a propaganda against Perez. I mean there could be many private conversations by everybody which could be used to sabotage, influence future proceedings if necessary. It's dangerous.

And then, these are the top 10% of society, they are always going to talk big, egoist, and not be silent.

Cloud7

I’ve said this before but Perez is really one of the most memorable off the field football related people I’ve seen in my lifetime. No one really comes close to him.

The way he rants reminds me of Trump.

Gonçalo Motta

I think Madrid takes a large percentage of the image rights?
No, I think that his image rights belong to Peter Lim or at least he sold his image rights around that time to him. Probably the reason why Flo rant about the "he could earn a lot more money than he earns".
That would be my guess.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
No, I think that his image rights belong to Peter Lim or at least he sold his image rights around that time to him. Probably the reason why Flo rant about the "he could earn a lot more money than he earns".
That would be my guess.
He sold his part, but Madrid use to have the other 50 in the contracts

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I read some interview to Relaño (former director of As and arch-enemy of Florentino) in which he talks about the leaks, saying that they had been offered to him, and that the intention was to crush his image to put a candidate from the group Prisa (a publishing group). They certainly don't seem to have done any harm to him.
Coentrao :lol:

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I think Madrid takes a large percentage of the image rights?
That was a central reason why the relationship broke down. Madrid took a huge chunck of the image rights while Barca give it most of it to Messi.

Devil81

We all know a Casillas. God I'd hate to be controlled by a women like some men are.

This is gold though, I hope there are loads more to come.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Iker: "Dumb/imbecile"
Piqué:"that's what Flo says about you in the audios?"
:lol: :lol:

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Considering his pitiful record as far as league titles goes during his presidency, one would think he'd show a bit more gratitude for two of the key men in bringing home the league title in 2012, but apparently not, oh well.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Oh dear, not looking good for Florentino...

Someone really doesn't like the Super League!

What can he have been thinking making these comments even privately. Dynamite.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
This is hilarious. It is almost like Trump doing football.

One thing that sticks out for me though is Becks and Ronaldo on €30m and Zidane on €25m a year. That was what, 2003/2004? That is mental. What was Real's turnover then? According to Statistica it was only €292m in 2005. So, essentially they were giving Becks, Ronaldo and Zidane a third of turnover?

No wonder why they needed that land deal.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
This is hilarious. It is almost like Trump doing football.

One thing that sticks out for me though is Becks and Ronaldo on €30m and Zidane on €25m a year. That was what, 2003/2004? That is mental. What was Real's turnover then? According to Statistica it was only €292m in 2005. So, essentially they were giving Becks, Ronaldo and Zidane a third of turnover?

No wonder why they needed that land deal.
That’s not what he was saying, he was saying they brought in that much for the club through commercial deals/shirt sales/overall commercial value to the club, whereas Raul didn’t even sell shirts. I thought it was pretty clear from the initial tweet and the context of what Perez was saying too?

nuanced

loves geopolitical narrative
Wasn't the guy before him, Calderon, also kicked out for bitching about the squad in private?

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
It's not a good look for the league when two biggest teams in the league have got managers who did at best a 6/10 job at Everton!
:lol:

Very true.
I hadn't even made the connection yet.