Florentino Perez offers Mourinho his old Real Madrid job [Sunday Times]

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
I guess they've hired and fired enough managers in recent times so now they're going to start the process of recycling the managers they've hired and fired.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Everyone are smart enough to get thw best (or second best) manager, but not us. We're too stranded in the united ways we keep on living in a shakepearean world of romance.

Well guess what, Shakespeare is well known for tragedy

NK86

Don't see Perez going for Mourinho again. The kind of ruckus he created in the dressing room there was something Perez may not want again.

Rockets Redglare

Everyone are smart enough to get thw best (or second best) manager, but not us. We're too stranded in the united ways we keep on living in a shakepearean world of romance.

Agreed, I'm sick of hearing this "United Way" shit. You just can't run a football club like that in 2015, and if we aren't careful we're going to fall behind the major players and end up a mid table side for a long time.
The league is too solid now and doesn't allow for more than a very short spell of mediocrity.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
Manutd The new Liverpool.
feck off. If this happens we really need to sack the board. we will make the same mistake twice.

Crossie

Supports
vibrant attacking football
Don't see Perez going for Mourinho again. The kind of ruckus he created in the dressing room there was something Perez may not want again.
Perez had talked to Mourinho even before they sacked Ancelotti and hired Benitez. Apparently the question isn't if Mourinho returns but when.

NK86

Perez had talked to Mourinho even before they sacked Ancelotti and hired Benitez. Apparently the question isn't if Mourinho returns but when.
Well it will all depend on where Mou goes. If he comes here I don't think he would want to hop over to Madrid if he settles well here.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

And you my friend seem to be loving the drama lol

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Great news to wake up to.

United should just put us out of our misery and hire the adulterer.

We shouldn't be worried about his complete lack of managerial nous, because he knows the club, and that's all that really matters.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
The usual paper bullshit. Guessing and saying 'we reported it first' if it actually happens.
When it doesn't happen there is never any comeback. They should be fined for lying.

RedRover

What has "The United Way" - whatever that is, got to do with the sacking or otherwise of Van Gaal?

Things will he going on behind the scenes. Jose wants the Uniyed job and if the club want him then that will be that. Clearly things are not final regarding Guardiola and I susoect United are now talking to him.

Crossie

Supports
Well it will all depend on where Mou goes. If he comes here I don't think he would want to hop over to Madrid if he settles well here.
That's certainly true. What I was trying to point out: 1. There's some truth to the story, and that the revived interest in him by RM has existed before Benitez even started. 2. Knowing that RM/Perez want him back, Mourinho is in a rather comfortable position for negotiations with every other club that might be interested in hiring him.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
I doubt the board would want Mourinho because he is too controvertial and outspoken. Sir Bobby and SAF would not want our image tarnished.
I don't give a shite. Let's get the fecker.

InfiniteBoredom

Pointed this out long before. It looks inevitable. There's unfinished business between them, Mourinho will look for the European Cup to justify himself.

Crossie

Supports
The usual paper bullshit. Guessing and saying 'we reported it first' if it actually happens.
When it doesn't happen there is never any comeback. They should be fined for lying.
I'd fully agree but not this time: RM/Perez have been interested in Mourinho's return after they kicked Ancelotti. Sunday Times are not guessing, just reporting.

NK86

That's certainly true. What I was trying to point out: 1. There's some truth to the story, and that the revived interest in him by RM has existed before Benitez even started. 2. Knowing that RM/Perez want him back, Mourinho is in a rather comfortable position for negotiations with every other club that might be interested in hiring him.
Definitely agree that he won't have a shortage of offers.

R'hllor

Oh how i would like to see him to make decision that he rather returns to that circus then coming to us,now brigade of sellouts would go in instant meltdown.

Hitchcocker

For feck sake, if we lose out on Mourinho now...we'd be a bigger joke than we already are now. :(

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Should be a vote of no confidence in the board if this happens.

Mourinho wants to bring his kids up in England. . Although they're quite old now but im sure he'd prefer for them to continue study here.

I doubt he'd want to miss the chance to battle Pep on what is effectively his home turf. . The PL.

Chelsea experience surely made him think twice about going back to the same clubs and especially Real. I don't think he can handle those types of poisonous atmospheres anymore. . He lets them get to him now. He needs a stable club.

ZDwyr

:lol: Just imagine if he went back there and we get left with no one. Again.

:(

Woodzy

I got confused by the title and was left wondering what Perez' old job at Real Madrid was.

Needham

For Van Gaal at the moment it's very much a Winter's Tale but if he turns things around it could be Much Ado About Nothing. Unfortunately for whoever is in charge come the end of the season we are out of the Champions League so there will be no Midsummer Night's Dream. However, the history of the club shows that All's Well that Ends Well. Recent managerial appointments have been A Comedy of Errors though, so if Giggs doesn't become manager on account of his philandering it's Love's Labours Lost. I just hope if Mourinho gets the job the board will have a word about his behaviour and we see The Taming of the Shrew.

Godfather

This would be so sad you'd have to laugh. 3 of the best managers in the world (if not the best) become available. We wait and see and wait and see and wait until everyone of them is gone and we are left with the shite we have.

Sweet Square

Should be a vote of no confidence in the board if this happens.

Mourinho wants to bring his kids up in England. . Although they're quite old now but im sure he'd prefer for them to continue study here.

I doubt he'd want to miss the chance to battle Pep on what is effectively his home turf. . The PL.

Chelsea experience surely made him think twice about going back to the same clubs and especially Real. I don't think he can handle those types of poisonous atmospheres anymore. . He lets them get to him now. He needs a stable club.
Strangely enough it seems to follow Jose wherever he goes. Still think your right I can't see him going back to Spain of all places.

Last edited:

cyberman

Zidane is the next Madrid manager, this is just clickbait bullshit.
The same way Guardiola will be linked 20x with United and 20x with City, make it look like a tug of war to get views.

crossy1686

career ending
Just a thought but what if the reason Van Gaal still has a job is because Pep is going to City and Mourinho has already agreed to go elsewhere at the end of the season?

Bazi

Supports
Bayern Munich
I wonder if Jose is really that interested in the United job anyway. At every coaching job after Porto, Mou had a world-class core of players and the ability to sign some of the most sought-after talents in the world at his disposal.

United's core is either too old, too inexperienced or simply not good enough and the club has recently had some trouble at attracting the best players in the world.

It's certainly not your typical situation for Mourinho to take over and organize the rebuild. A return to Real will suit his strengths a lot more I believe. Joining United would be a lot more interesting though.

Last edited:

Hitchcocker

Castles wrote it so it probably is correct, or at least correct in the sense that that's what Mendes wants to be out there.

Interestingly the article says he would prefer to come to Manchester rather than Madrid.
Would imagine that's Mendes saying "Don't dilly dally."