FM legend Demba Ba having medical at Stoke.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Sky Sports | Football | Premier League | News | Ba having Stoke medical

Skysports.com understands Hoffenheim striker Demba Ba is undergoing a medical at Stoke ahead of his proposed move to the Britannia Stadium.

Stoke tabled a £5.9million bid for Ba on Thursday and the German club have now given the striker permission to hold talks with the Potters.

Ba's future has been the subject of intense speculation during this month's transfer window with the player refusing to return to Hoffenheim.

West Ham were thought to be leading the chase for the 25-year-old, but it appears Stoke have a stolen a march on their Premier League rivals for Ba by agreeing a fee with Hoffenheim with his services.

Stoke boss Tony Pulis is keen to bolster his attacking options and sees Ba as a key addition to his squad with the likes of Tuncay and Eidur Gudjohnsen linked with moves away from the club.

The Potters are hoping to tie up a deal in time to have Ba available for this weekend's clash with Bolton.

SharkyMcShark

Horrified
Using location as a tagline: because I'm just not
He was an absolute fecking beast for my in my FM10 Southampton save. PL Top Scorer 13/14, 14/15, 15/16, Golden Boot all those seasons, European Player of the Year 14/15.

So yeah, I'm looking forward to seeing him play for a team with red and white stripes on their shirts.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
He has a decent result in Germany as well.

Does that move mean that Stoke would now beat Barcelona on a cold night at Britannia even more comfortably?

Georgie Best

If I had to choose between sleeping with Miss Worl
He was an absolute fecking beast for my in my FM10 Southampton save. PL Top Scorer 13/14, 14/15, 15/16, Golden Boot all those seasons, European Player of the Year 14/15.

So yeah, I'm looking forward to seeing him play for a team with red and white stripes on their shirts.
:lol: Sounds like Stoke has shot the golden goose. Looknig forward seing them in the Champions League in a couple of years.

Anduin

He's a cnut of the highest order, refused to train and join his (now former) teammates at the training camp before the season re-started this weekend just to get his move abroad.
Should be a good signing for Stoke, decent striker.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Scored the winning goal for my Southampton team when we won the UCL. :drool:

Also looking forward to Martin Tyler shouting "Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa"

dmode

Oops I misread: FM legend Demba Ba having a stroke at medical.

Minkaro

I wonder if they'll be selling one of their other strikers? They seem to have quite a collection now.

Or maybe Walters will go out somewhere on loan.

Jaap

Completed a medical at West Ham - this time successfully - and will move on loan until the rest of the season, according to German football site kicker.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
What the hell, why are Hoffenheim flogging all their good players?

Fiskey

Can't stop thinking about David Nugent's hot naked
Ba will boost West Ham's survival hopes if he lives up to his reputation. They badly lack a decent striker in some semblance of form.

Didn't Hoffenheim just sign Babel for 7 mil?
And that Icelandic bloke in the summer for a similar amount.

Crustanoid

It saddens me when FM legends don't follow the same career trajectory in real life.

Brophs

The One and Only
No, quite simply.

Every time I've seen him he looks a decent player but he spends most of his time shooting from daft angles.

SharkyMcShark

Horrified
Using location as a tagline: because I'm just not
He was good, I'm claiming credit.

Can see Redknapp having a sniff around to see if he can get him on the cheap - he's better than that fecking lump Pavluychenko. How has he not been fecked off yet? At any given point in time in the last three seasons he's been having a row with Redknapp, and is generally as useful as Captain Hook at a Gynecologist's Convention

RedThaiDevils#7

Married with Manchester United, In love with Giggs
I watch WestHam a lot just to scout Ba...

I think he's been excellent, he's power, technique and skill are still very underrated.

He can hold the ball, has pace and is the kind of forward we don't have at this moment. He's presence in the air has been great too...

However, we'll only look at him when we sell the likes of Mame, Owen etc...

I like the player, would add an extra dimension to us, still very young too.

mufcwarm92

One of the relegated sides should sign him - he's a good player, perfect for the league. Pace, strength, finishing and only 25. Perfect for QPR if they feel like splashing out (in relative terms)