Fofana Serious Injury

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Looks like he's suffered a sore 1, stretcher & paramedics on almost straight away. Could be out for a long spell.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Tweet says it all. What the feck was he playing at tackling like that?

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Fecking hell :eek:

That's awful for any player but especially one with as much potential as him. Gonna be a big miss for Leicester

FriendlyFox

Supports
Leicester City
Was intentional. Fofana had caught him on the heel 5 minutes prior and he was pissed off about it.

100% a revenge tackle.

Evans is still injured I think. Once again we might be starting a season with ndidi at cb. Ffs just cannot catch break with injuries.

AgentSmith

Always horrible to see an injury, especially for no good reason like that idiotic challenge, but it’s a little worse when you feel like the player’s on the cusp of really progressing to the next level. Similar feeling to Neto and Eze’s recent injuries.

Hope he’s back soon.

Deery

Dreary
What kind of bastard tackle is that in a friendly, I’m raging for Fofana!

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Any news on how bad the injury is yet?
well you can see his leg broken in two so unless he has a remarkably quick recovery like the chap at Everton you're looking at him out for the season

kyofusho

Awful tackle that. No place in the game whether a friendly or cup final. Nino is a dirty coward for that, no intention to play the ball whatsoever.

Hope Fofana can come back from the injury at 100%. Looked a nasty break and you always worry how well the injured area can recover. He's a player with immense potential and hopefully his age counts for him in this situation. Get well soon, Wesley.

bosskeano

that's fuking awful....i hope he recovers but i hope more that one of his mates fuking did that guy for what he did to Fofana

what club were they playing?

Dante

Average bang
The more I look at it he should get a long ban totally went for the ankle an awful challenge..
I really hope that's the case. But I don't have faith in UEFA banning a player for a string of competitive games following a friendly red card. Would love to be proven wrong.

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
I really hope that's the case. But I don't have faith in UEFA banning a player for a string of competitive games following a friendly red card. Would love to be proven wrong.
Wasn't even a free kick.

JohnZSmith27

The full game was shown on YouTube so if anyone is desperate for football it's there to rewind and watch.

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
Seeing lots of people saying he got the ball though. Reminds me of that thread in the Euros with Ukraine and Switzerland

OverratedOpinion

I can only echo what others are saying about that being a fecking ridiculous tackle to make in any match let alone a meaningless friendly.

slored1

Christ, poor lad. What a disastrous tackle, so unnecessary.

diarm

Reminds me of Luke Shaws one a bit. 20 years old, off the back of a really impressive season and on the cusp of really making his breakthrough as a top, top player.

Hopefully it won't take Fofana as long to recover as it took Luke. Horrible, needless hack of a tackle.

mu4c_20le

Interesting that just a few minutes before, Fofana took down one of theirs

edit: Actually it was the same guy getting him back