Football at the Olympics

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
I heard a nice one yesterday, although it was a Norwegian commentator commenting on women's handball - "Løke loses her man".
I think "man" can mean person in Swedish, dont know about the other Scandinavian languages .
In old English it meant the same. There was no separate word for woman.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
I heard a nice one yesterday, although it was a Norwegian commentator commenting on women's handball - "Løke loses her man".
Harsh being dumped in the middle of an Olympic event.

Freekick Canada...

Laphroaig

I think "man" can mean person in Swedish, dont know about the other Scandinavian languages .
In old English it meant the same. There was no separate word for woman.
That's how it is in English, although it's getting more and more outdated. We don't have it Norwegian - mann = man, kvinne = woman, menneske = Man as in human being. I doubt they'd use the word for "mann" as a word for "menneske" in Sweden, but... they're a bit stupid.
The honesty is great. They get kicked, get up and get on with it. No rolling round in fake agony, no waving of cards or petulant flouncing. Makes the men look like a bunch of prissy drama queens.
Yup. Didn't we have a thread not too long ago with a female player having a go at the man's game for that very reason? ("More drama queens in men's football than women's," I think it was.)
Harsh being dumped in the middle of an Olympic event.
:lol:

And on top of that she had Saliph of the Caf having a go at her too!

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
The honesty is great. They get kicked, get up and get on with it. No rolling round in fake agony, no waving of cards or petulant flouncing. Makes the men look like a bunch of prissy drama queens.
Indeed; it's been brilliant.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
Chastain criticizing the Canadian keeper but not Solo for flapping at that last cross. :lol:

Apparently Solo's message got through.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
:lol: Attacking Schmidt? It was late, but there's no way that's an attack.

Awkward challenge from O'Reilly there but she got the ball.