Football Betting Thread 12/13

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I usually don't on the opening weeekend, but I think I will this time. May just go for a dull City, Chelsea and (another team) treble. Saying that, I'll most likely make an accumulator and bet small.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I'm sticking to small this weekend. £5 on Celtic, Arsenal and Reading (or QPR) can't remember now).

Once the team news are out, I'll probably do another one.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Arsenal - Sunderland draw @ 4.33
Arsenal - Sunderland HT/FT Arsenal/Draw @ 17/1
Podolski to score first and Arsenal 2-1 @ 25/1
Chelsea -2 @ 4/1

Liam147

On Probation
I usually don't on the opening weeekend, but I think I will this time. May just go for a dull City, Chelsea and (another team) treble. Saying that, I'll most likely make an accumulator and bet small.
Yeah I've gone the same, third team is United to win and another with us to draw. Fiver each I believe.

Looking through the fixtures, betting on those bottom half sides is never worth it because they could all be so different from last season. You have no idea how Reading are going to be. You didn't think Blackpool would go to Wigan and win 4-0 did you?

Even Arsenal I'm weary of. Sunderland are one of those teams who, now and again pull out results. 3-0 at Stamford Bridge, got a 0-0 at Arsenal, nearly beat City home and away, so I'd stay away from that, especially at 1/2.

Chelsea though, the good starters, must beat Wigan, the poor starters. The only time I'd ever fancy anything different is eight months from now. And City to beat Soton. If they don't, and my coupon goes down from it, I'll be delighted. Can't see it myself though.

Member 5225

Fulham/Norwich - Fulham win
West Ham/Villa - Draw
West Brom/Liverpool - Draw

20/1

nemanja nemagic

Put a few stupid accumulators on the other day, lost my head with the start of a new season, no chance of winning any of them. Need to feel my way into gambling on football again!

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I've gone for a few minor accumulators, and then Podolski to score anytime 10/11. Not fantastic, but I just get the feeling he'll get off to a flyer.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Should have listened to the child inside me this morning - don't feck around on the first day of the season :lol:

Brwned

Should have listened to the child inside me this morning - don't feck around on the first day of the season :lol:
Should've listened to Decotron about the draws, best way to go! Got the Stoke and Arsenal draws right and got my money back for the scorecast and ht/ft in the Arsenal game. Not big money but a nice day's work.

Liam147

On Probation
I'm gonna start listening to you Brwned. In all honesty I thought backing Arsenal was a terrible bet, particularly at the prices (1/2, 1/4) offered. Not a fan of backing draws though.

All starts tomorrow for me anyway.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Tomorrow should be more straight-foward.

Man City & Chelsea, and I'll probably add Real Madrid to it.

Liam147

On Probation
Thanks man, might do. I got all night to think about it.
I'll give you some advice. Absolutely definitely lay Wigan.

What you can do is do what the Dice Man did, and just roll a dice, and accept that whatever happens, was fate.

Just realised I have a BTTS coupon too. Had Reading's game (cheers Alfie!), Newcastle, Man City's game not to, and our game to. Only returns £16.74 like.

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
Chelsea, City, United currently 3/1 on Paddy Power. Tempting.

Brwned

You'll get better odds on over 2.5 goals for the treble and I reckon that's the safer bet.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
In addition to a Chelsea/City double today (although that 2.5 goals Brwned stated above is tempting), I'm going to go for a scoreline-double:

Wigan 1-2 Chelsea
City 2-0 Hampton of the South

20le_Solskjaer

Here goes!!

I've bet on chelsea winning to console myself if this doesn't come off, however if this is a draw I'm not sure how i'll cope.:nervous:
That was kind of a bad idea.

You should of layed Wigan, what odds did you get on the accumulator?

BAMSOLA

Has issues!
Supports
A Crack Habit.
I'm rubbish with the calculation or finding/remembering the odds but the stake was £10 the return if I Win(Wigan win) is over £1,300 as for laying Wigan I couldn't find odds that would really make much an impact financially so I've adopted a no guts no glory approach and backed Chelsea as a consolation bet instead.

I won't tell you how much I staked on that.