Football Betting Thread 14/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

iBoss

i-ttack the space
Illuminati headquarters, chillin' with Jay Z.
New season, new thread :D

I'm going to start by pointing out that you can get 8/1 for United to win their first 5 premier league games at William Hill.

Swansea (H)
Sunderland (A)
Burnley (A)
QPR (H)
Leicester (A)

Can also get 3/1 to win the first three and 5/1 to win the first 4.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
Wycombe or draw vs Chelsea @ 2.90. Starts in two minutes.

EDIT: Pffft, already 0:3. Fooled by the names, it appears.

Last edited:

Momochiru

Sorry if there is already a thread about it, but I couldn't find anything. I have never done any football betting before, but I might give it a try this year. Could someone help me with the basics? What are the best bookies? Are you supposed to open an account with all of them and look for the best odds, or stick with one who gives some promotions, etc.? What are the most successful things to bet on - title, results, final score, yellow/red cards, player to score, etc.? Any other tips?

Last edited:

20le_Solskjaer

Sorry if there is already a thread about it, but I couldn't find anything. I have never done any football betting before, but I might give it a try this year. Could someone help me with the basics? What are the best bookies? Are you supposed to open an account with all of them and look for the best adds, or stick with one who gives some promotions, etc.? What are the most successful things to bet on - title, results, final score, yellow/red cards, player to score, etc.? Any other tips?
Don't gamble.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Aston Villa for relegation at 7/2 is a very good bet in my eyes.

Levo

Band of Brothers
Stopped betting last year after losing far too much of my accumulated money on Atletico Madrid, will start up again this season an remain sensible!

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I think we should have a mini betting competition. All start with a tenner, and we can only bet on the top leagues (prem, la liga, bundesliga, serie a, maybe others too). And see who can turn that tenner into the most by the end of the season. Once the tenner is gone its gone and you're out. So you could go daring and all in on some long shot, or play the safe long game.

Anyway, started my football betting today, had kaiserslautern to beat 1860 Munich, on a double with lisicki to beat errani (tennis) for odds of around 3.00. Lisicki won easily, Kaiserslautern were a man down and 2-0 down but are now winning 3-2 with a few mins to go.

Can't wait till the big boys kick off this season.

Paddy power have a decent promotion ATM. Pick a prem top scorer, put 20 on and every time they score you get a free 2quid bet. Drogba is also 100/1 to be top scorer and they play 1/4 odds on EW on top 4 scorers. He could easily come in the top 4 as I think mourinho will use him a fair bit.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Took over 2.5 goals in our game tonight vs Liverpool. Seeing the lineups and formations I expect goals. However with it raining over there all day apparently it could be a crappy 0-0. 10 quid on it @ 1.86

Levo

Band of Brothers
Had a large accumulator in the Europa League qualifiers today just to get warmed up!

Also put a fiver on us, Liverpool, City, Chelsea & Arsenal all to win on the opening weekend.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Hearts are appealing at 7/2 today away to Rangers. Rangers are still crap and if their strikers struggle, they won't win.

Aberdeen at over evens today, having played well against Sociedad and with the extra match practice the Europa league has given us, we should beat Dundee United relatively easily.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Hearts are appealing at 7/2 today away to Rangers. Rangers are still crap and if their strikers struggle, they won't win.

Aberdeen at over evens today, having played well against Sociedad and with the extra match practice the Europa league has given us, we should beat Dundee United relatively easily.

Might go Hearts double chance.

Arsenal City today - no idea. May wait for team news. Under 2.5 goals perhaps.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
With the teams that are playing, I'd expect goals given that both will attack and no one really cares too much about losing.
Actually you're right. Recent results do suggest over 2.5 goals. Surprised by that, thought it was the other way round.

Manchester United 2-0 Wigan
City 3-2 Chelsea
United 3-2 City
United 3-1 Chelsea
Chelsea*2-2 United

Interesting.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea

Decent start to the season for me, apart from the Dons being horrendous. Hearts was a bit lucky but Rangers were crap!

Levo

Band of Brothers
Chucked £50 on Betsson the other day for the new season.

First bet fell by the way side but threw caution to the wind and chucked £40 on a Forest/Derby double yesterday. That left me with just over £80 this morning.

Chucked £7 on Arsenal to win and £10 on an Arsenal/Norwich double, shame Wolves won as it would of given me nearly £100. Won £25 earlier with PSV & Ajax both winning and hopefully should win a similar amount later when Monaco play as I've got them and Lyon in a double.

Got a fiver on Arsenal, Chelsea, Us, Liverpool & City to win in the 1st weekend, returns £27. Also had a bit of a mad accumulator on the Capital One Cup for the mid week, Derby, Sheff Wed, Forest, Blackburn, Brighton, Birmingham and Reading all to win. Returns £238 from a tenner, did have odds of 65 at one point but removed 3-4 results :lol:

Havak

Pokemon master
Not a bad start for me. I had:

Over 2.5 Goals in Arsenal/City, Aberdeen/Dundee Utd, and Rangers/Hearts

Wolves vs Norwich @ 2/1

Won about £120 from £20.

Jagga7

First bet of the season for me tonight.

Real Madrid and North Ferriby double @2.09

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Just had 7 quid turned into £100+ due to Cardiff, Sheffield, Celtic, Dundee and Aberdeen.

Chesterfield let me down last night for a 90/1 shot which I had 2 quid on.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
Gone with this for tomorrow:

Man United v Swansea (very short price but bumped it up by about £60 and I'm a greedy twat)
Stoke v Villa
Leeds v Boro
Blackpool v Blackburn
Charlton v Wigan
Doncaster
v Port Vale

£10 returns £394.

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
Is there anywhere you can bet on certain players' goals for the season?

Think Jordan Henderson to score 8+ goals in the league could be great value.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Although I think Rangers will just about see of Falkirk, Falkirk are good value at 4/1 given the unbalanced nature of Rangers squad. They literally rely on two strikers than they can't provide any service too.

Gee Male

Anyone see that Paddy Power offer, stick 20 (euro or GBP) on any player to be top scorer in the PL and get a 2 quid free bet for every goal he scores. Anyone getting over 10 goals returns your money in free bets. Not bad.

Gee Male

First weekend of the season is always bad for betting. Have therefore gone for the following at ridiculously small stakes, all home sides to win, just for the interest:

United to beat Swansea
Arsenal to beat Palace
Cardiff to beat Huddersfield
Celtic to beat Dundee
PSG to beat Bastia
PSV to beat NAC Breda
FC Twente to beat Den Haag

NoPace

Tiny stakes on Everton to win tomorrow, money back for a draw. They've been ugly in the pre-season, but since then they've had some injuries, so we'll see.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Opening day is usually an odd one.

May just go for United, Arsenal and Liverpool wins at 3/1 on BV.

Levo

Band of Brothers
My bets for the weekend so far:

Arsenal - Crystal Palace
Burnley - Chelsea
Liverpool
- Southampton
United - Swansea
Newcastle - Man City

£5, odds of 5.45

Leeds - Middlesborough
Blackpool - Blackburn
Cardiff
- Huddersfield
Fulham - Millwall

£10, odds of 12.13

Academica - Sporting CP
Paris SG -
Bastia
PSV - NAC Breda
FC Twente - Den Haag
Celtic - Dundee United

£5, odds of 4.51

buckooo1978

so who will score more goals this season

Aguero or Sturridge

I'd say Aguero but his injury record since Christmas has been dire

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
United - Swansea BTS @ evens

We've conceded in 5 of the last 6 games and we're still adjusting to three at the back so I'd be very surprised if we keep a clean sheet here.

Last edited:

Roux

Stoke
Everton
Hull

all to win is 14/1, imo they should each win comfortably.

Status
Not open for further replies.