Football Betting Thread 2016/2017

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
It went up to £100 just before the 2-1 goal. Now it's dead :(

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Tsonga, Real - Napoli BTTS, Bayern, Aberdeen, Delbonis, Brown @ 10.89 with a tenner
that was a good call Scorpy, thank for share it. I followed it partially and for once was lucky. I didn´t include Delbonis but Ferrer tomorrow.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
that was a good call Scorpy, thank for share it. I followed it partially and for once was lucky. I didn´t include Delbonis but Ferrer tomorrow.
Good thing you avoided Delbonis, he played like shite.

Should have included Careno-Busta instead.

theralyst

I was seriously considering putting the 50 on Arsenal to miss a penalty at 33/1. Neuer is such an imposing figure in goal (he looks like he takes up most of the goal), and I figured Arsenal might get a penalty, so why not? But it's one of those bet that unless you're prescient it seemed like it would be a waste. Stuck it on Bayern to win in the first 20 minutes instead for a £120 profit so I can't complain, but man, that £1700 would have been sweet.

Benfica+1.5,PSG+1.5,Napoli +2.5,Arsenal +2.5 = @2.18.
I guess that everybody use bet365(for the Asian Handicap)if not we can think about another kind of bet
Arsenal gonna Arsenal.

I'm still thinking lumping on Sevilla -1 next week. They've scalped both Madrids already this season at home, and narrowly lost to Barca after taking the lead, as well as going in the lead againt Juventus and looking on top before getting a man sent off. Leicester haven't won an away game in the league all season, and they sure as feck aren't going to here. Their last CL game away to Porto where they got hammered 5-0 showed their real European pedigree IMO. And they face a side that actually has great European experience of big stages. I don't see how Leicester escape this without getting hammered, and 6/5 for a Sevilla to win by two goals or more looks a steal.

Last edited:

Ralaks

Had BTTS in both CL matches yesterday, coupled it with United win & clean sheet plus Olympiakos outright.

Mainly nervous about the Olympiakos game

Big Andy

Bloke
I was seriously considering putting the 50 on Arsenal to miss a penalty at 33/1. Neuer is such an imposing figure in goal (he looks like he takes up most of the goal), and I figured Arsenal might get a penalty, so why not? But it's one of those bet that unless you're prescient it seemed like it would be a waste. Stuck it on Bayern to win in the first 20 minutes instead for a £120 profit so I can't complain, but man, that £1700 would have been sweet..
I looked at this on my way home with my mate...we always go halves on these bets to double our chances...

I said either Sanchez to score anytime at something like 4/1, or Arsenal to Miss a penalty at 33/1...no guts, no glory...

He said that was never going to happen (the penalty) and the rewards were't good enough for Sanchez bearing in mind we split the winnings, so we went 2-1 Bayern at 7/1 and Arsenal to win (:lol:) at 7/1...

When they got that penalty, I was praying he'd score it, and when he missed it, I felt sick...I have been barraging my mate with stick since it happened, the daft cnut...

RedPed

Whatabouter.
I looked at this on my way home with my mate...we always go halves on these bets to double our chances...

I said either Sanchez to score anytime at something like 4/1, or Arsenal to Miss a penalty at 33/1...no guts, no glory...

He said that was never going to happen (the penalty) and the rewards were't good enough for Sanchez bearing in mind we split the winnings, so we went 2-1 Bayern at 7/1 and Arsenal to win (:lol:) at 7/1...

When they got that penalty, I was praying he'd score it, and when he missed it, I felt sick...I have been barraging my mate with stick since it happened, the daft cnut...
Is it still classed as a missed penalty if the taker scores on the follow up?

tangent

Supports
chelsea
had £50 win on Bayern and £50 Arsenal or Draw. Just a safe £25 profit.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Arsenal gonna Arsenal.

I'm still thinking lumping on Sevilla -1 next week. They've scalped both Madrids already this season at home, and narrowly lost to Barca after taking the lead, as well as going in the lead againt Juventus and looking on top before getting a man sent off. Leicester haven't won an away game in the league all season, and they sure as feck aren't going to here. Their last CL game away to Porto where they got hammered 5-0 showed their real European pedigree IMO. And they face a side that actually has great European experience of big stages. I don't see how Leicester escape this without getting hammered, and 6/5 for a Sevilla to win by two goals or more looks a steal.
Yes,luckily I didn't do that but the one that Scorpy shared although as many people I thought that this time they could get a decente result.
Yes, Next week Sevilla winning seems a good bet.I probably will go will Sevilla -1 in AH.

Last edited:

Scorpy

United, Bilbao, Shakhtar or draw, Rostov or draw, Ludogorets or draw, Johnson, Dimitrov @ 10.75

I'll also be putting some money on Basilashvili to beat Karlovic @ 2.50. Basilashvili is playing great tennis at the moment, whereas Karlovic's age is showing more and more with each passing match. His serve is also not what it used to be.

Might also try Andreozzi @ 1.90 and Monteiro @ 2.10 in Buenos Aires tonight.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Baskonia,Basket copa del Rey, they play against Tenerife, the revelation team,although this year they play at home,Vitoria,so I think that should reach semifinal or final.@1.34, good enough to include it in some acca.
In Europa league I did several accas,but I would go with Shaktar+1.0,Zenit+1.0,Schalke or draw.

tangent

Supports
chelsea
Silly bet. That was never happening was it?
I bet with 365 ..their special offer of a free in play bet . Bet £50 prematch and get a free £50 in play bet. Bayern won so I made £25 had Arsenal won or drawn I would have made £40 .. It was win /win so not silly. 365 make this offer every 2 or 3 months.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
I bet with 365 ..their special offer of a free in play bet . Bet £50 prematch and get a free £50 in play bet. Bayern won so I made £25 had Arsenal won or drawn I would have made £40 .. It was win /win so not silly. 365 make this offer every 2 or 3 months.
Should have just had £50 on Bayern though.

devil in me

Just United and Bilbao for me tonight. Spurs odds are decent but theyve been dreadful in Europe recently. Avoiding.

Scorpy

Going for Ludogorets was a bad idea. Good thing I have another acca without them.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
Well, when the rest of the teams win so emphatically in most cases I can't feel anything other than a bit sick.
Apparently they had a goal not given that was definitely over the line too :(

Scorpy

United, Bilbao, Shakhtar or draw, Rostov or draw, Ludogorets or draw, Johnson, Dimitrov @ 10.75

I'll also be putting some money on Basilashvili to beat Karlovic @ 2.50. Basilashvili is playing great tennis at the moment, whereas Karlovic's age is showing more and more with each passing match. His serve is also not what it used to be.

Might also try Andreozzi @ 1.90 and Monteiro @ 2.10 in Buenos Aires tonight.
Ludogorets are fecking cnuts. However, I had another acca without them which came off, so I can say I'm happy with that.

Oh, Basilashvili won as well. His odds were a fecking gift. Hopefully someone took advantage of the tip.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Ludogorets are fecking cnuts. However, I had another acca without them which came off, so I can say I'm happy with that.

Oh, Basilashvili won as well. His odds were a fecking gift. Hopefully someone took advantage of the tip.
Yes,I did,thanks.It seems that Monteiro is going to win too

Scorpy

Yes,I did,thanks.It seems that Monteiro is going to win too
I'm glad you did, mate. Good to see Monteiro winning as well. Too bad I had Andreozzi in the same acca and he fecked it up.

Still a great day, mind.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I'm glad you did, mate. Good to see Monteiro winning as well. Too bad I had Andreozzi in the same acca and he fecked it up.

Still a great day, mind.
I had a terrible day,an Acca with Ludogorets another one with Villarreal or draw and the last with Zenit.
Luckily I did a bet with a high stake in HT, in the match Madrid-Andorra,in la Copa del Rey.Madrid were losing by 10 points and got @1.68.
Typical match where the favorite wake up in the second half. It was very tight but Madrid won in extra time. Thanks to that I saved the day.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
In case anyone finds it useful, I share a link for a Poisson calculator in Excel.
"The Poisson distribution is a discrete probability distribution that expresses, from an average occurrence frequency, the probability that a certain number of events will occur over a certain period of time."
More or less consists of writing the last ten results of each team to get % of under / over or 1x2. The one who wrote it uses it mainly to calculate if a bet has a good value.
The program has a problem, does not distinguish between local and visitor, so you have to take into account the factor of playing at home when it comes to betting.
So, if for example, Madrid being visitor, won in Sevilla 1-4, the result would have to be written upside down, 4-1, in the Madrid column.

http://www.poissonpicks.com/es/calculadora-poisson/

To download it you have to go to the bottom of the page and click on a gray square with the word "calculadora" written in blue.

Everthing is quite obvious once you open it but just in case:
par=even, impar=odd, "marcan los 2 equipos"= both teams to score

I use it from time to time ,especially to do doubles or triples bets with exact results with very high odds and investing some cents. I usually choose leagues with few goals like the Greek, for example. Many times simply with the cash outs that are coming up I recover the investment, and from time to time I win.
It can be used in Ice hockey too.

Last edited:

Scorpy

Careno-Busta, Basilashvili, Isner, Johnson, Juventus, Porto, Monaco, Braunschweig or draw @ 8.56

Dolgopolov, Nishikori, Harrison, Dimitrov, Benneteau, Betis or draw, Nordsjaelland or draw @ 10.15

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Mónaco and Brugges losing at HT.I am going to try -0.5 in both