Football Betting Thread 2017/2018

MUFC OK

Liverpool look a bit short to me given the City games and probably Salah absence. 1.85 implies a probability of 54%. Since Everton last beat them Liverpool have won 8 of 16 games. Looking at matches at Everton it's 3/7. Either way I don't like 1.85 given Liverpool are sure to be on a bit of a comedown. But then I do fecking hate Liverpool.
I'd go for Liverpool 'Draw No Bet' on my acca as I don't see Everton beating them at all, and the draw wouldn't bust the whole acca. no value in Liverpool double chance either.

Prometheus

Supports
Chelsea
Good acca mate, did you keep it on?

Any tips for the weekend? ;)
Cheers, mate. I kept it on until the 80th then cashed out for a little less than it would have been but it was good!

My bets are risky and don't make sense half the time. I merely got lucky last night. But this weekend looks especially dead!

Ady87

Can't find much value today.

Are we expecting Roma to be off their game? 5/6 at home to Fiorentina.

Legia Warsaw look good value at home at 4/6, am I missing something?

I'm tempted to lump a bit on Monaco/Bayern/Juve as expect them all to win, albeit the odds are terrible to reflect that.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Looking at:

1. Tottenham, Monaco, Schalke, Besiktas, Rangers, Juventus, FK Shkendija, Benfica, Rapid Vienna, Gzira United FC @27.16

2. Middlesbrough, Blackburn, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Sporting Braga, Fk Qarabag, Dinamo Minsk, Hadjuk Split, Sparta Prague, Flora Tallinn @17.99

3. Leicester City, Wigan, Zenit SP or draw, Man City or Man United, Balzan Youths FC, SK Sigma Olomouc, Crusaders, Legia Warsaw, Lincoln Red Imps, Roma or Fiorentina @21.91

Will do some RABs on the City v United game later.

relx

Frnkie Sys
Gone for a 4-fold:
SPAL v Atalanta and Real Betis v Eibar over 2.5 goals
Draw or United
Sampdoria win

Midgetstudyinglife

I am interested in your thoughts on combination betting... Do you do it? What makes sense? Optimal size? How big coefficient are required for it to make any sense?

I have been reasonably successful with them.. BUT
- They tend to require big bets (ie. doubles on 8 games --> 28 bets)
- Playing 9 games for the same max profit as going for ie. Arsenal&Feyenoord in a single bet
- Playing doubles gives fairly mediocre payout, but also returns at least something almost always.

To sum it up, it feels pointless to me. Too many games and guesses for mediocre returns...

------------

For example, my guesses for today (no especial insights, just form/tables/xG/bias/hopes&dreams/etc)

Arsenal @1.57
Feyenoord @1.61
Shrewsbury 0.0 @1.625
Levante 0.0 @1.350
Girona +0.5 @1.960
Valencia @1.50
Inter Milan 0.0 @1.45
Bologna 0.0,+0.5 @1.80

Some (quick and inaccurate, but reasonable) maths for today's slip, placing 1€ on all doubles from the above list:

My quick estimate of average double combination coefficient is around 2,25. Say I bet 1€ on all doubles (=total 28€)
If all 8 go correctly, my return will be 63€ ---> Profit 35€
If 7/8 go correctly, my return will be 47€ ---> Profit 19€
If 6/8 go correctly, my return will be 34€ ---> Profit 6€
If 5/8 go correctly, my return will be 22€ ---> Loss 6€

Marty1968

Leverkusen at 2/1 away to Leipzig look decent value tonight.....Leipzig will surely be resting players for their Europa game in a few days time??

Danny Roberts

Haha no thankfully! Poor bloke....what a way to defend your title. And he has to hang around until Sunday to present the jacket to the winner! Nightmare!

Went for Spieth, Stenson, Dechambeau and Bubba so happy after day 1. Shame Spieth dropped a shot at the last.
You on all of those each way at a bookie with enhanced each way? Nice profit if so.

Marty1968

You on all of those each way at a bookie with enhanced each way? Nice profit if so.
Had Stenson and Bubba each way but Spieth to win. Still made a profit so that's all good. If only a few early putts had sunk for Stenson i think he could've got close. Had a about 4 putts in the first 6 holes which just went past or stopped short.

Rojofiam

Leverkusen at 2/1 away to Leipzig look decent value tonight.....Leipzig will surely be resting players for their Europa game in a few days time??
I bet on Leipzig or Draw double chance :lol:

They are sitting in fifth with a game in hand and are probably looking to get into the CL next year. Even with a draw they’ll overtake Frankfurt in 4th who drew vs Hoffenheim yesterday. With 6 games to go and only 3 points separating 4th from 7th, this is one of their most crucial games left in the league.

Marty1968

I bet on Leipzig or Draw double chance :lol:

They are sitting in fifth with a game in hand and are probably looking to get into the CL next year. Even with a draw they’ll overtake Frankfurt in 4th who drew vs Hoffenheim yesterday. With 6 games to go and only 3 points separating 4th from 7th, this is one of their most crucial games left in the league.
Decided to pay attention to you and just didn't bother betting on it! Should've gone with my instincts! Doh!

dorchy

I too was on Leverkusen, all the teams who played in Europe midweek seemed to really struggle when returning to their domestic games. Going to follow the same trend for next weekend and bet on most the teams playing against teams who played in Europe midweek. (although only the ties which aren't already decided which is very few)

shaky

I reckon City will come up just short. Probably score a few but concede at somepoint. Was thinking of dutching 3-1 at 11/1 and 4-1 at 18/1

ROFLUTION

I dont get the odds 6.75 on Liverpool to win. To me they are favorites - They're the perfect counter attacking team and City will have to be very attacking which should leave a perfect opportunity for the scousers.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
I dont get the odds 6.75 on Liverpool to win. To me they are favorites - They're the perfect counter attacking team and City will have to be very attacking which should leave a perfect opportunity for the scousers.
That does seem a little high, though City's home record is great.

Danny Roberts

If you think they are favourites then just back Liverpool with all you've got.

ROFLUTION

:drool: Time to quote my own genius. Money in the bank!

Santos J

Bottled it waiting for the Millwall game to finish, decent return though. Would be £158 if Millwall don't concede.