Football Leaks: Manchester United paid AS Monaco €4m for a "fake" friendly

Boycott

Pretty sure the Bebe underhand stories grew from one internet rumour that another Portuguese winger at the club had *allegedly* a short term doping ban which caused him to miss the World Cup, and his agent kept it secret to avoid embarrassment therefore the club took on another of his clients as a reward.

Ludens the Red

Christ, this must be the most shite corruption story I’ve ever heard. Is there not anything Woodward can do right?

Dances_with_badgers

I seem to recall a theory on here that Falcao faked his age, and was actually 5yrs older than he claimed to be :houllier:

Ban

Wouldn't say I'm desperate to create equivalencies. As far as I'm concerned the people who run both our clubs are dirtbags and I've slept soundly with that belief for the best part of a decade - there's no battle to be had over who has worse owners, though, because I think our human rights-abusing monarch overlord takes the victory there. The fact that he employs people who would cook books and bend rules to get ahead is something you can work out without investigating.

This was just breaking news from this afternoon involving United and there wasn't a thread on it. The joke about United being "stripped of their titles" as punishment for the allegations in this article was in direct response to those who joked City should be stripped of theirs in 2012 and 2018 and handed to the second placed team. Clearly that hasn't translated to the room.
You're trying too much.

JamiePollocksOG

Supports
Manchester City
First City, then Liverpool, now United.

You'd think someone or some persons are extremely jealous of the PL but it has probably more to do with the funding each team receives rather than the league itself.

When fans should unite to protect our league and game we will instead attempt to point score while each clubs name gets dragged through the mud

RedCurry

The whole article is about AS Monaco with Man Utd being name dropped. If we are to believe the article, AS Monaco circumvented French football regulations and might get penalized for it. It’s an interesting article but I wish OP himself bothered reading the article.

Varun

Staff
Sacking the manager should be the punishment
This.

I dont think an incident like this should be trivialised at all. An example needs to be set and forcing the club to sack its manager is the way to go imo.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
It's not fake if it never happened. It's called lying, not faking.

I learned this when I was studying Mandarin in Zhong Guo.

Crustanoid

So we get demoted to the Scottish league and OT gets vaporised by locusts, whilst our plastic neighbours get a full pardon?

Andrew Wolf

Supports
Manchester City
You've not quite gained the ability to laugh at yourselves yet then? Don't take everything so seriously all the time. It was a bit of a tongue in cheek joke

Denis' cuff

Haven’t read the whole thread but sounds to me like it was more convenient to pay the 4m Euros than arse around with friendlies that cost a fair whack to put together anyway, aside from cramming in the extra fixture.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
You've not quite gained the ability to laugh at yourselves yet then? Don't take everything so seriously all the time. It was a bit of a tongue in cheek joke
Of course we laugh at ourselves. This was desperate and unfunny, however.