Football Manager 2006 research

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaft

New Member
Newbie
Joined
Apr 2, 2004
Messages
668
Location
lakjdliwad
i cant believe that darren is the only person doing the stats for united... i would have thought that this is a job that need several people's work - a commitee.. a team... to hear that all the stats are just decided by one person is... i dont know what to say.. thought it was based on more people rather than just one?
 

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Joined
Apr 1, 2004
Messages
12,510
Location
Flagg
Well he has asked us all for help, so although he's the only one doing it as such, his stats won't be based on a singular oppinion. Seems a pretty sensible way of going about it, having one person to represent a collective view. Rather than finding loads of people, and then have them argue about it
 

Big Andy

Is really a midget
Joined
Oct 23, 2003
Messages
31,580
and I'm gonna be in it....

eat that all those who said I'd never play for United....

eat it and choke...

Although David Gill will probably get rid after I save the club on numerous occasions...
 

Dubai_Devil

Guest
Billy Blaggs said:
Me too


Hopefully they will seriously over rate me and all my mate will wonder how they never knew I played for Utd

:D
Which mates? ;)
 

The Wizard

Full Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2003
Messages
1,057
It's still a couple of weeks before I can start work on the new game as I'm waiting on some new files from SI. As soon as I have the new editor etc I'll post on here and anyone that wants to be added to the game can then make it be known :)

Cheers for the responses so far lads... nice to hear the different opinions on the various players... and the mysterious happenings in the game it's self :)

Cheers.
 

The Wizard

Full Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2003
Messages
1,057
Shaft said:
i cant believe that darren is the only person doing the stats for united... i would have thought that this is a job that need several people's work - a commitee.. a team... to hear that all the stats are just decided by one person is... i dont know what to say.. thought it was based on more people rather than just one?
Shaft,

It's not quite the way it works... I am the only one that has a direct input to United, but once I send my data back to Sports Interactive (SI) they often change it (especially the first team), this I can argue about but they have the final decision. It is a more general thing/committe especially with United as everyone has an opinion on them.

If anything I'd say I under-rate United players slightly... you've no idea the amount of ABU'ness in the world, goto the SI gmaes forums and listen to all the ABU moaners... so I have to cover the angles all the time. I've been watching the Youth team a long time... and I predicted and added the likes of the Nevilles, Butt and Scholes to the early games, so SI trusted me after that.
 

Ern

New Member
Newbie
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
11,042
Location
The wrong end of Big Brother's telescope.
The Wizard said:
It's still a couple of weeks before I can start work on the new game as I'm waiting on some new files from SI. As soon as I have the new editor etc I'll post on here and anyone that wants to be added to the game can then make it be known :)

Cheers for the responses so far lads... nice to hear the different opinions on the various players... and the mysterious happenings in the game it's self :)

Cheers.
Mailed ye. Hope there's space for a dutch LW called Ern with a somewhat long real name. ;)
 

Beedle

New Member
Newbie
Joined
Aug 28, 2003
Messages
1,031
Could you give us all the stats you think our youths deserves so we can give you some feedback?

Especially Rossi was underated in the 2005 version.
 

Gazza

Full Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2000
Messages
29,814
Location
The District
Darren, may I ask how did you get involved with working for the FM team? Sounds like an ace job. :)

I don't really play the games like I used to but how will the arrangement of the squad be different next season now that we're getting rid of our reserve teams?
 

Ern

New Member
Newbie
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
11,042
Location
The wrong end of Big Brother's telescope.
Gazza said:
Darren, may I ask how did you get involved with working for the FM team? Sounds like an ace job. :)
Don't see why you're so envious. Magic Carpet Pilot ain't half-bad if you ask me. ;)

Seriously though, researching for FM for SIGames is rather an interesting job.
 

Gazza

Full Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2000
Messages
29,814
Location
The District
Don't know whether Darren would want people asking about the ins and outs of his job but I wonder whether it is fulltime and whether it pays the bills, although Sigames seems to be a big operation thesedays.
 

Ern

New Member
Newbie
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
11,042
Location
The wrong end of Big Brother's telescope.
Gazza said:
Don't know whether Darren would want people asking about the ins and outs of his job but I wonder whether it is fulltime and whether it pays the bills, although Sigames seems to be a big operation thesedays.
Love the way you phrase the question so as to avoid criticism of you being too curious. But I wonder the same too. :p
 

The Wizard

Full Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2003
Messages
1,057
Gazza said:
Darren, may I ask how did you get involved with working for the FM team? Sounds like an ace job. :)

I don't really play the games like I used to but how will the arrangement of the squad be different next season now that we're getting rid of our reserve teams?
Gazza,

The game didn't allow for two reserve teams, as we were the only English club with two, SI didn't want to hard code it. So next season will be more accurate.

As for Rossi... I can't go over the top on players just yet, as there never is a sure thing in football, but I'll make changes to all the players once I get the new data back in a week or two.

I can send the Manchester United 'team file' and the editor to those on the board that are interested, and they can see themselves how I've rated all the players, they can make the player changes they like from there, and send them back to me.

If 10 different people rate each players stats differently, I can take a general average, this way it always the best for fine tuning players statistics.
 

Shaft

New Member
Newbie
Joined
Apr 2, 2004
Messages
668
Location
lakjdliwad
The Wizard said:
Shaft,

It's not quite the way it works... I am the only one that has a direct input to United, but once I send my data back to Sports Interactive (SI) they often change it (especially the first team), this I can argue about but they have the final decision. It is a more general thing/committe especially with United as everyone has an opinion on them.

If anything I'd say I under-rate United players slightly... you've no idea the amount of ABU'ness in the world, goto the SI gmaes forums and listen to all the ABU moaners... so I have to cover the angles all the time. I've been watching the Youth team a long time... and I predicted and added the likes of the Nevilles, Butt and Scholes to the early games, so SI trusted me after that.

thanks for getting back to me on this. now, on a more serious note - can you please add me to the next fm game!! :p united, right wing please
 

The Wizard

Full Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2003
Messages
1,057
Hi Lads & Lassies!

I have received the United team from Sports Interactive. Please go to the following link to download the Football Manager “Mini editor” required to edit the Manchester United team:

http://download.escenic.com/editor.zip The login and password to download from are both: download

Once you unzip the file you’ll be able to start working on the United team. Simply ‘load’ the “FM_Manchester United.txt” file into the editor and you can begin working, making changes to the existing data. You will notice some players details are in ‘red’ this indicated that his data has been changed recently (I’ve been working on the files), also some are marked in yellow (this indicates the player has left the club/is unassigned a club). When you edit a player he’ll be marked ‘red’ so you know you’ve been making changes.

Please take a bit of time to read the ‘Mini editor guidelines’ before you go making wholesale changes 

If you would like to add yourself to the Football Manager game the easiest way to do it is to add yourself to the Manchester United squad and save it. Once you have sent me the file back I can take you out of the United team and place you as a free agent in the master database, but all your details will be there.

If anyone has any questions, don’t hesitate to ask. Remember I’m more interested in having the youth and reserve players brought up to strength, and their various missing details filled in. But feel free to make whatever changes you like, I can decide later what I want to keep or not 


Kind regards,



Darren Matthews.
SI Man United Researcher.
darren_cm@hotmail.com
 

Beedle

New Member
Newbie
Joined
Aug 28, 2003
Messages
1,031
Thanks Darren.

I'm really looking forward to this :D
 

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Joined
Feb 7, 2005
Messages
14,019
Location
England:
I bet your bosses are laughing their arses off at that piece of shit that is Championship manager 5!

Keep up the good work Darren, FM2005 was/is brilliant. Can't wait for FM2006.
 

The Wizard

Full Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2003
Messages
1,057
Garethw said:
I bet your bosses are laughing their arses off at that piece of shit that is Championship manager 5!

Keep up the good work Darren, FM2005 was/is brilliant. Can't wait for FM2006.
Certainly is one crap game... but what else did anyone expect? :)
 

The Wizard

Full Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2003
Messages
1,057
Hi Lads,

Can everyone who downloaded and worked on the Manchester United file for Football Manager please send me in the work you have done so far?

Before you mail the "FM_Manchester United.txt" to me, I ask that you first ZIP UP THE FILE. Some mail clients crop the txt file and this corrupts it, so zipping it up before you send it to me prevents this problem.

Also, to the people that wanted to be included in the game as a player; please add yourself as a player with all your details/attributes to the Manchester United file you are working on right now, I'll then get your details form the file and add you into the game. Best way to do it really.

Thanks in advance.



Darren Matthews.
SI Manchester United Researcher.
 

Richter

Hairy big footed Swede
Joined
Oct 19, 2001
Messages
29,630
I hope you overrate the players I love when people complain on that :lol:
 

Big Andy

Is really a midget
Joined
Oct 23, 2003
Messages
31,580
The Wizard said:
Oh, by the way...

Please send it to darren_cm@hotmail.com when ready.


Cheers.

I'll do it tonight...

is the entire Manchester United team (with fake names) going to be made up of Redcafe members?

Will FC United of Manchester be on there too?
 

MagnificentDuke

Act your rage
Joined
Sep 15, 2004
Messages
6,148
Location
Eradicate The Doubt.
The Wizard said:
Good man Andy... this is the kind of info I'm looking for ;)

Seriously though, if any of the regulars here on the board want to be added to the game, into the master database let me know and I'll sort it out.

You'll be 'fictiona lstaff' but there is an option to have them included when you start a new game. You'll then appear in the game, so you can sign up 'yourself' :)

As good as Rio afterall ;)
thats would be slightly awsome
 

Big Andy

Is really a midget
Joined
Oct 23, 2003
Messages
31,580
email sent chief...

Keep your eye out for the Right sided attacking midfielder...not staying back, its boring...

;)
 

MagnificentDuke

Act your rage
Joined
Sep 15, 2004
Messages
6,148
Location
Eradicate The Doubt.
Ok I've done it. Keep your eye on a promising left sided player, very injury-prone, but very good passer of the ball.......... might just be the player you need...
 

Big Andy

Is really a midget
Joined
Oct 23, 2003
Messages
31,580
sweeeeeeeeeeet said:
Ok I've done it. Keep your eye on a promising left sided player, very injury-prone, but very good passer of the ball.......... might just be the player you need...
He plays on the left,
I play on the riiiiiiight,
Those redcafe lads,
will make you look shite.
 

Retirantmobs

Stokke Stalker - smells of fish
Joined
Dec 31, 2003
Messages
17,390
Big Andy said:
He plays on the left,
I play on the riiiiiiight,
Those redcafe lads,
will make you look shite.
We really could have a Redcafe Allstars team here.
 

Big Andy

Is really a midget
Joined
Oct 23, 2003
Messages
31,580
sweeeeeeeeeeet said:
he plays on the riiiiiiiiiight
i play on the left
look very closely
you'll swear its george best

He plays on the left,
he's not very goooooooood,
He's got a good excuse though,
his legs made of wood.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.