Gaming Football Manager 2013

roseguy64

Unfortunately they didn't fix what annoyed me the most with FM12. In the match preview screen, it shows you the last three games of each team. Okay, fair enough. But it also used to show you the next fixture, which seems really, really important to me. Maybe I want to play different players if the next match was two days away as opposed to a week.
Did you suggest this on SI's forum?

roseguy64

Quick search bar is just a magnifying glass now, hardly have to do anything more. Still just one click then type.

Funnily enough, city bought Fellaini on mine too, seems like teams still have set transfer targets from the start they always go for.
Yep. That's what finding manager targets is. Teams start with a shortlist.

roseguy64

There are no training schedules this year.

You have to decide the training on a week to week basis and individual training is done by setting a role or a focus area for players.

Sliders are totally gone from training as well.
Which I absolutely hate. Not every player's the same and customised training schedules allowed people to train players to their needs. Nothing wrong with shifting away from sliders just feel they need to add the option of training a category as well as the role and individual focus.

Brocky

There is, sort of. You can train players specifically for one role.
You can, however, the preset training schedules before were very limited and far too general as it was. I would have to create around twelve custom schedules to specifically cater for different roles. Now it feels very 'general' again.

roseguy64

There is, sort of. You can train players specifically for one role.

Chelsea are insane in my game, won their first 9 games. Arsenal are 1-1-8.
Yeah I know you can train players for a role. Just feel limited by the constraints. Certain players/formations require much more customisation than is currently available. The team based training switch I like but I don't see the need to limit what I can do otherwise in terms of individuals.

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
Did great in the first half of the season. Cruised through my CL-group containing PSG, Dortmund and Olympiakos. The 2nd half was a disaster however, and went on a 9 game run without a win and getting knocked out of the CL against Galatasaray :( Bugger..

NoLogo

Which I absolutely hate. Not every player's the same and customised training schedules allowed people to train players to their needs. Nothing wrong with shifting away from sliders just feel they need to add the option of training a category as well as the role and individual focus.
You can still do this in individual training as long as you play in full mode.

FMC you can't influence individual training at all, which is really annoying.

NoLogo

That's the point of FMC though. It's a less in-depth mode for people who just want to play matches without having to do the majority of the day-to-day stuff.
I know but it somehow makes buying talents a total gamble because you can't influence in which direction his attribute development will head.

Which basically makes this mode uninteresting for everyone who wants to bring some youth through the ranks.

Levo

Band of Brothers
Doing well with United at the moment, only around 7-8 games into the season though.

Can't buy a clean sheet though.

Levo

Band of Brothers
Just got knocked out the COC by a Park Ji Sung goal in E.T.

Prick.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Doing well with United at the moment, only around 7-8 games into the season though.

Same, I'm scoring a lot but conceeding way too many.

nimic

something nice
Scout
I know but it somehow makes buying talents a total gamble because you can't influence in which direction his attribute development will head.

Which basically makes this mode uninteresting for everyone who wants to bring some youth through the ranks.
But in that case that mode isn't for you. It's that simple.

Epic

It keeps getting more realistic each year, doesn't it?

NoLogo

But in that case that mode isn't for you. It's that simple.
Of course it isn't.

Don't get me wrong, I just thought it was odd that they would cut back so much that you can't even influence the development of your players anymore because it's usually such a vital part of the game imo. and a mode that is really suited to getting in a lot of season which would make developing youngsters really interesting in this mode.

That being said I prefer the normal mode anyways since only having 3 leagues is kinda meh anyways.

Wowi

Rød grød med fløde
It's feck all of an upgrade from 12 if you take out the shiny new interface which I actually find more awkward and frustrating to use, it's amazing how they get away with releasing these as full games every year, when in reality they could just be a paid update for the game.
No wonder how you got your tag-line :lol: Several pages with talk about new features in this game and you come in and is pissed off because there's very few.

While you're not completely wrong, it's the same as any other yearly release really and it's frankly getting a bit boring with people moaning about it every single year. Just skip a year or two if you don't like it, like many others do. FM12 (or older versions for that matter) is still a brilliant game, so no one is forcing you to get the new one. It's not like the old one will suddenly stop working when a newer one is released.

A lot of the changes in FM are a lot less noticeable (compared to FIFA where they introduce a new way of dribbling or whatever) because it's "behind the scenes" updates and fixes. You probably won't notice if the coding that makes your players dribble has changed, for instance. It's basically a lot of small tweaks that you'll probably never really notice but it will still make the game more enjoyable. They have actually also added quite a few new things (like they do every year) but you've probably already seen those and decided that they're both useless and shit.

The FM Man Utd researcher used to post on here I think. Anyway here's the thread on the SI forum for you to air your grouses. http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/318027-ENGLAND-(Official)-Manchester-United-Data-Issues
He's on twitter at least. Seen him talk a bit about it some months ago (after the update that included january transfers IIRC) and he was happy they took his advice on boosting some of our youngsters back then. I'm don't know how it works really, but I'd assume that a big club like United has a few researchers attached and SI somehow rates the player on an average or something. I would imagine a lot of the people at SI also know quite a few of our youngsters so maybe they pitch in as well, despite not being actual "researchers".

Cina

No wonder how you got your tag-line :lol: Several pages with talk about new features in this game and you come in and is pissed off because there's very few.

While you're not completely wrong, it's the same as any other yearly release really and it's frankly getting a bit boring with people moaning about it every single year. Just skip a year or two if you don't like it, like many others do. FM12 (or older versions for that matter) is still a brilliant game, so no one is forcing you to get the new one. It's not like the old one will suddenly stop working when a newer one is released.

A lot of the changes in FM are a lot less noticeable (compared to FIFA where they introduce a new way of dribbling or whatever) because it's "behind the scenes" updates and fixes. You probably won't notice if the coding that makes your players dribble has changed, for instance. It's basically a lot of small tweaks that you'll probably never really notice but it will still make the game more enjoyable. They have actually also added quite a few new things (like they do every year) but you've probably already seen those and decided that they're both useless and shit.
There's no need to be a dickhead because I said a video game wasn't much of an upgrade from its predecessor Wowi, it's not like it's a personal insult to you or anything.

Anyway, the main problem for me is the interface, it's the one thing I didn't want a total reshuffle of, because I've played 10-12 so much that I'm used to it by now, and I just find the new one a bit of a pain to use, especially the new 3D Match view which is far more awkward to use. It's probably the only thing I didn't want them to revamp.

An example is that press conferences are still the exact same, the questions are the same, the answers are the same, I mean it's hardly a big code change to at least at a bit more variety to something that became stale after around 5 minutes in FM12.

I'll still play it, because it's FM and it's for this season now and not last season, but it's hardly too much to ask that a game I pay €40 for every single year gets a bit of an overhaul from time to time, is it?

adam118

I somehow won the league but never felt my team were quite good enough. I can get a formation or tactic quite right and have either too much possession and hardly any goals or when I get more chances my back line get opened up too easily. RVP is a beast and Valencia is amazing on the right.

I have noticed passing stats seem far more realistic, my same tactic on previous games would get my playmaker passing around 40-70. Now it is easily hitting 100+ and my best being 176 from carrick.

ashy7

Hadn't played a Football manager game for a few years as couldn't be arsed with all the new bits that keep getting added, but really enjoying the classic mode in this one.

Signed Bale and him and Nani have been amazing so far. Also, cheers for whoever it was that recommended Wellington Nem - he's quality for £3.5m!

Cina

I somehow won the league but never felt my team were quite good enough. I can get a formation or tactic quite right and have either too much possession and hardly any goals or when I get more chances my back line get opened up too easily. RVP is a beast and Valencia is amazing on the right.

I have noticed passing stats seem far more realistic, my same tactic on previous games would get my playmaker passing around 40-70. Now it is easily hitting 100+ and my best being 176 from carrick.
:smirk:

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
Hadn't played a Football manager game for a few years as couldn't be arsed with all the new bits that keep getting added, but really enjoying the classic mode in this one.

Signed Bale and him and Nani have been amazing so far. Also, cheers for whoever it was that recommended Wellington Nem - he's quality for £3.5m!
I know, right? Seems to be turning into a really classy player in my game after just a single season.

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
Won the league, really happy about that after making a very dodgy 4-4-2 diamond formation in the last 3rd of the season. Always got battered in terms of possesion (27% vs Fulham :lol:) but kept a clean sheet alot more often then with any of the other formations aswell as winning my games (2 goals, 0 CCCs etc :D)

adam118

Won the league, really happy about that after making a very dodgy 4-4-2 diamond formation in the last 3rd of the season. Always got battered in terms of possesion (27% vs Fulham :lol:) but kept a clean sheet alot more often then with any of the other formations aswell as winning my games (2 goals, 0 CCCs etc :D)
What were you doing, hoofing it up the pitch with 10 men behind the ball?

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
What were you doing, hoofing it up the pitch with 10 men behind the ball?
Nah, but it seems that the simple basics of the match is that alot of midfielders = lots of possesion. I got noone in central midfield. 1 DM and 1 AM, aswell as two strikers and two wingers. I really have no idea whats going on on the pitch, but the results are coming. Kagawa is brilliant in this certain AM-role, and the defense is playing as deep as they possibly can because they have been spackers when playing with a default formation.

Cina

I bought Bale for £23m instead of getting a central midfielder. Carrick, Anderson and Cleverley all got injured.

My first game of the season is City away.

feck.

adam118

Nah, but it seems that the simple basics of the match is that alot of midfielders = lots of possesion. I got noone in central midfield. 1 DM and 1 AM, aswell as two strikers and two wingers. I really have no idea whats going on on the pitch, but the results are coming. Kagawa is brilliant in this certain AM-role, and the defense is playing as deep as they possibly can because they have been spackers when playing with a default formation.
What role for Kagawa, Inside Striker or Playmaker (Support/attack)?

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
What role for Kagawa, Inside Striker or Playmaker (Support/attack)?
I use Classic formations, set to loads of creating freedom, lots of pressure, direct play, lots of through-balls and a direct way of passing. It works a treat with Shinji, not so much with the rest of the guys.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
What's everybody's starting team now?

Currently lining up something like this

---------------------De Gea
Rafael-------Jones----------Ferdinand------Alaba
-------------Fellani--------Kagawa
Nani----------------Rooney------------------Bale
---------------------Llorente

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
What season are you in, Jake?

I just got the first real test of my shitty formation, City away in the last game of the season.

Code:
City - United

Shots: 27 - 3
On target - 11 - 3
Possesion: 61 - 39

Score: 2-4
:D

Edit: Both their goals came from corners aswell, while all of mine came from open play!

Levo

Band of Brothers
Same formation as you Jake.

De Gea
Evra
Ferdinand
Vidic
Rafael
Carrick
Gundogan
Valencia
Nani
Rooney
Van Persie

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
Code:
[CENTER]De Gea

Rafael - Vidic - Smalling - Evra

Carrick

Valencia[COLOR="LightGray"]-------------------[/COLOR]Nani

Kagawa

Rooney[COLOR="LightGray"] -----[/COLOR]Van Persie[/CENTER]

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Celtic:

Everton:

Both of these have enabled me to keep a large amount of possession so far.

Mirallas and Forrest are two beasts within the game. If you play with wingbacks and wingers and set 'down both flanks' they run riot with assists.

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
Annoyingly, Neymar turned me down to join Chelsea. Their attacking options right now is frightening to say the least. Imagine the likes of Neymar, Mata and Hazard all operating in a trio behind Torres.. Jeez louise!

Atleast I got Taarabt :p

ashy7

I know, right? Seems to be turning into a really classy player in my game after just a single season.
He is progressing really quickly! Also, the fans love him and the fact that we signed him so cheap.

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
I might've missed out on Neymar, but I got in Götze, Isco and Taarabt instead :drool:

I need need a midfielder and a few defenders though ...