Gaming Football Manager 2013

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Sometimes the game is pretty much just giving you a loss.

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
Contracts are a joke in the game though. I signed Bale on 100k a week in the first season, a year later he wants an improved contract for 240k. Fabio recently signed a new 5 year contract for 80k, now he's unhaoppy cause he feels he's not on enough, 6 months later. Kagawa wanted 150k, Rooney wanted 300k, Jones wants 130k, Vidic who is 34 now still wants 120k.

Agents won't budge either, at all, even if their fee rating is 15+ and I offer them double the agent fee.

D'feck?
Agreed, it's what happens when you get taken over I think. I thought mine was bad when I signed Ronaldo, but now I've even got squad players asking for ridiculous sums of money. Some of my younger regen players are even asking for 60 grand a week and upwards. They're quality, but fecking hell!

The only way I'm affording all this at the moment is by relying on youngsters coming through and signing pretty much no-one (sliding the budgets thing all the way to the wages side). It's retarded. Jones is on 275,000 a week and there's nothing I could do about it without losing him.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I've got everyone on long term contracts so hopefully should be ok.

Ralaks

I ended up letting Rooney and RVP go at the beginning of the 5th season because they wanted like 260/300k each and I barely used them, greedy cnuts.

My highest paid player is Kagawa on 185k which is fair enough.

I've finally managed to clear the debt too (Think I'm in the 7th season or so)

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
In the year 2023 with Nottingham Forest. Won the PL for the first time last year, and also won the FA Cup the year before and just won the COC. 28 games into this season, United have played 28 but I've only played 26 for some reason. 7 points behind, but United have already scored 86 goals and conceded only 20:eek: How am I supposed to keep up with with that? They just keep winning and I'll probably have to win every game for the rest of the season if I want to keep the title.

IrishLegend

Sometimes the game is pretty much just giving you a loss.
I had one game in last years FM which I reloaded about 20 times just to see if there was ever a different result. I lost every single time no matter what formation I played or who I played.

I got FM13 but I'm really put off playing it as a result of this contracts lark.

Ralaks

First game of the season; my two best centre backs are out for a month, could be worse I guess, but fecking hell. At least I still got Smalling, Zouma and a regen for my 3-CB defense.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
How much did you get Zouma for? St Etienne won't budge and I refuse to overpay for him.

Ralaks

I paid 30m at the start of the 2013/2014 season, a bit steep but he has been playing 45+ games per season more or less and is still only 24 years old so it's not too bad. He has been surpassed by Smalling, Jones & a Swiss regen who is a beast now though.

BD

Opinions on this dude? Need a back-up AM, and an eventual replacement. Looking at his stats, I think he looks good, but my scouts dont like him! Physical stats are a bit shit, but he has some good stats.

Ralaks

He looks decent but as you said his physical stats are not that good, personally I wouldn't sign him due to his pace alone, I want my AMC's to be quick

Ralaks

First game of the season; my two best centre backs are out for a month, could be worse I guess, but fecking hell. At least I still got Smalling, Zouma and a regen for my 3-CB defense.
Signed a 20 yo regen since the one I had wasn't top notch, and in his debut he got MoTM against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge, I fancy them to be my main competitors this season so that is amazing!

BD

He looks decent but as you said his physical stats are not that good, personally I wouldn't sign him due to his pace alone, I want my AMC's to be quick
Yeah, didnt sign him. There is a big lack of good quality AMs in my game at the moment, so I'm struggling to find many better than him, which is annoying as Isco is 31 now and my other AM who is really good is leaving at the end of the year because he wants 250k a week.

Ralaks

Yeah, didnt sign him. There is a big lack of good quality AMs in my game at the moment, so I'm struggling to find many better than him, which is annoying as Isco is 31 now and my other AM who is really good is leaving at the end of the year because he wants 250k a week.
Shame, I'm still with Kagawa (30 though), I've got a 20 year old Dutch lad called Cruijff in line to replace him in a year or two, got high hopes for him, already performing really well and only 2½ star out of 4½ potential.

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
I had one game in last years FM which I reloaded about 20 times just to see if there was ever a different result. I lost every single time no matter what formation I played or who I played.

I got FM13 but I'm really put off playing it as a result of this contracts lark.
I did this, but I will admit I was just cheating. :lol:

Was playing my first league cup game of the season against Southampton and it was absolutely crucial that I stayed in the tournament so half my squad and youngsters wouldn't get pissed off. First time, I had two players sent off and conceded a penalty. Second game conceded two penalties and had one player sent off. Third game I just flat out lost and didn't even get one opportunity. It continued like this for what felt like a couple of hours. Changing formations over and over again, gradually playing stronger and stronger teams, still conceding penalties and repeatedly getting players sent off....

It does sort of seem like certain games are 'fixed' in a way. I can accept getting twatted by City once in a while - I was stupid enough to let them get Neymar and they're amazing even without him - but the above scenario just doesn't make sense.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Shame, I'm still with Kagawa (30 though), I've got a 20 year old Dutch lad called Cruijff in line to replace him in a year or two, got high hopes for him, already performing really well and only 2½ star out of 4½ potential.
Johan Cruyff is my assistant manager.

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
I'm currently trying to get a 14-year old Belgium midfielder to beat Giggs' appearance record.

Edit: He just turned 15, guess it's no use :(

Crustanoid

2016 in my United save. Just signed Messi for 133mil :drool: Going back for Ronaldo as they gave me a £224mil transfer budget after I got taken over

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Anyone feel they have a better team then this
-------------------Rooney
Hazard----------Hazard--------------Ox
-------------Vidal--------Fellani
Alba-------Jones-------Zouma-------Rafael
-----------------De Gea

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21

Amazing potential, poor mental stats but we'll work on them.

Crustanoid

Anyone feel they have a better team then this
-------------------Rooney
Hazard----------Hazard--------------Ox
-------------Vidal--------Fellani
Alba-------Jones-------Zouma-------Rafael
-----------------De Gea
Unfortunately I have to hand it to you - there is no way I have been able to clone Hazard yet

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck

Seriously? Moving 53 miles away to a historic rivals stadium? feck off game.

MelvinYeo

I'm only here for the post count
Anyone having difficulties in the lower leagues? It's certainly a lot harder now can't seem to find much consistency

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I'm absolutely dicking it in the league. Its March and I haven't lost a game since early December and am 17 points clear. City have a game in hand though.

Neymar is just amazing. I've also just signed some great Brazilian youngsters who will join in July. Also bought a cracking 19yo CB from Roma. Beat City 2 - 0 in the CC final on his debut.

In summary, everything is going swimmingly. I don't expect to win the CL though but a domestic treble is very much on.

Cina

The CL is easy. I rarely even have to play Real or Barca cause they get knocked out before then. Won it the last two years and I'm playing City this year.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
You're right. I just won the Quadruple. Beat City 2 - 1 in the CL Final. Davide Santon with a 116th minute winner :D

Baxter

Midfield of Kroos and Bender, with the addition of Hummels. My Utd team has gone all German.

Baxter

I'm absolutely dicking it in the league. Its March and I haven't lost a game since early December and am 17 points clear. City have a game in hand though.

Neymar is just amazing. I've also just signed some great Brazilian youngsters who will join in July. Also bought a cracking 19yo CB from Roma. Best City 2 - 0 in the CC final on his debut.

In summary, everything is going swimmingly. I don't expect to win the CL though but a domestic treble is very much on.
Neymar as AML?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Nah playing him as an Advanced Forward. He scored 37 goals.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Midfield of Kroos and Bender, with the addition of Hummels. My Utd team has gone all German.
German midfielders seem to be all the rage in my save too. My scouts are having a field day at Dortmund and Bayern.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
City are basically my bitch in this game now.

I smashed them twice in the PL, beat them in the League Cup Final, knocked them out of the FA Cup and beat them in the CL Final. Before I went to bed last night I also thrashed them 4 - 1 in the Community Shield.

In the summer I finally signed Gundogan. Also bought a nifty right winger called Demchenko.

Cina

Ah cock, unbeaten the entire season and I go into the last game against Norwich and lose 2-0 :lol:

Probably shouldn't have fielded my entire second string team.

Oggmonster

Anyone have the handheld version on ipad? Is it worth it?
My mate had the old one, was alright if you don't play on the PC but if you do you notice the lack of details far more.

I was in a 2 horse race with City for the title, they had an early kick off vs Liverpool who are slowly getting relegated and battered them 6-0, I had Villa away from home so had to win, went 1-0 down then pulled it back to 2-2 and in the 96th minute (which is weird as there was only meant to be 3 minutes added time) they scored an equalizer. I just slumped in my chair like Kevin Keegan vs Liverpool realizing this game just wanted me to lose! I went out the CL, lost the league and the FA cup semi final to goals in added time which shouldn't of even been added on and not even by a few seconds, by about 3 minutes! In 1 game I beat Stoke 5-0 and then I clicked proceed and it reversed the fixture and said I lost 2-1 as well which is a bit weird.