Gaming Football Manager 2015

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Maybe it's just me getting older but the whole game needs an overhaul. It's completely lost the pick up, play and have fun factor to me. I actually switched to FIFA Manager for the last 2 years and had twice the fun of any FM (not CM) game. Perhaps it's just my requirements have changed too but I don't think I'm alone in thinking that.

UI needs a major update that's for sure. It's about as intuitive as the Paris subway system (basically a maze).

Castia

I've had no problems with the UI, you can always download different skins as well.

Cina

The UI isn't the issue. It's the recurring problems every single year, over and over again. I agree the game needs an overhaul cause right now they all just feel like an updated patch with minimal new features instead of an actual new game. I went back to 13 after playing 14 and I actually thought it was a better game! I'm not paying for the next one, that's for sure.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
Never played any of the older ones so I don't know much about recurring problems, but there are quite a few things that need work. Player and media interaction need massive work. Classic could do with a basic bit of training control. I don't like the current way, if I play a young striker out on the wing, they'll train him as a winger, where as I might just be playing him out there to get minutes.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
I'd like the option to make a single bid for more than one player from a club.

Also, managing United may be good fun in this addition.

Ralaks

Release date 7/11

Apparently some live stream on twitch tonight, just caught the last few minutes where they announced ingame streaming on twitch.tv as well as players growing staches during Movember, and then the release date

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Being able to pick your own management style, the new press interactions, tunnel interviews, training ground interviews are all new features too.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
anyone have more than 3410 hours on fm14?

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
Interesting new player roles, Inverted Wingback, which fans have wanted for a while, Roaming Playmaker which I guess is a less aggressive Trequartista, Wide Playmaker, which I'd guess is just adding the AMR/L playmaker role to MR/L, and Raumdeuter, which googling brings countless likes to Thomas Muller and mentions of "space interpreter", So a wide poacher?

Still no Central Winger, some people will be pissed.

All sounds pretty good though.

Redo91

Will there be much difference between the PC and PS Vita versions of this game (assuming there will be a FM on the PS Vita this year)?

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Watching now. Looks like I won't need to download a skin this year, unless a mindblowing one pops up.

Scouting and tactics look immense, and the expanded player interaction could be fun too.
Yeah some great new stuff this year. Cant wait :D

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
Yeah some great new stuff this year. Cant wait :D
Just finished it, fecking excited now!

A lot of the changes look like they'll make being a journeyman moving from job to job a lot more interesting, as well as your history with managers, and players. Going to be a great year for long saves.

Also really like that you'll have accessible stats, and can be a coach too.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
Oh! I read an interview with one of their guys, and they mentioned some of the bad calls on future wordlies.

"Yeah, we got Freddy Adu wrong, but didn't everyone?" :lol: Poor Freddy, getting it from everywhere.

Patchbeard

Will the match graphics actually not be shit by now or are people not bothered about that?

Ainu

I for one, couldn't care less, I usually play in 2d anyway.
Same here, much better to judge team shape and player movement. Goal replays switch to director cam in 3D though. So yeah, less shit graphics would be nice, but not exactly a major issue.

Patchbeard

It would be nice to actually feel like you're remotely able to watch something like a game of football though. The 3D has hardly changed from it's initial level since it was introduced probably 5/6 years ago now? If it was more lifelike then there'd be no need to use the 2d to judge team shape and player movement better because you could see it in the 3d..
But yeah, I do use 2D, though I'd rather have the option of decent 3D and think it would really bring the game forward.

Uniquim

Looks like player interaction could end up being a pain in the ass. I hope you'll be able to set standard discipline rules for a club though. Like, red card in a game where points are dropped = fine, red card in a 3-point game = warning etc., coz players be flippin' out when I slap da fine on da table.

and looks like I got my scouting wish. Three months of tracking a player is more realistic than a scout card report and instant buy. (unless you're Harry Redknapp on deadline day).

Earthquake

Pokemon expert

Looks like player interaction could end up being a pain in the ass. I hope you'll be able to set standard discipline rules for a club though. Like, red card in a game where points are dropped = fine, red card in a 3-point game = warning etc., coz players be flippin' out when I slap da fine on da table.

and looks like I got my scouting wish. Three months of tracking a player is more realistic than a scout card report and instant buy. (unless you're Harry Redknapp on deadline day).
Surely Redknapp has years of reports on Kranjcar.

Melvyn

prostate examiner
Can someone explain tactical manager vs trainer manager?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Can someone explain tactical manager vs trainer manager?
Fergie was a tactical manager and van Gaal is a trainer coach :)

In the game I think they mean to do it like if your a trainer manager you can use your own stats for the training section... Not sure what else would be different. Maybe like hidden stats that you can't really write down, like how quickly the players adapt to you or if they would see you as more or less approachable, but wouldn't listen as much discipline wise. If you're a tactical manager then they would maybe not complain as much, take in your team talks better or if you discipline them they would learn from it better.
I'm really not sure but I'd imagine it'd be something like that and what they showed in the video.

FC Ronaldo

Looks like a glorified UI update to me. Can see why there has been very little PR about this before now, bein 1 month till the release date; there simply is nothing else to spin but for updated data, (3 year late) tweaked layouts and more media questions with the same basic 4 tone answer approach.

As for the snippets of the 3D match engine, if I was part of SI's marketing team I'd be thoroughly embarrassed. The player movement, control and dribbling looked awful for a game in late 2014. It's no wonder people skip this entirely for the 2D engine if that's the best they have to show, can't see that changing this year either. I now get to see a player gloatingly glide up to the ball and score a penalty with the outside of his boot while the commentary says he missed and no goal will be awarded.

NoLogo

Oh great more player and press interactions. Just what I wanted. :mad:

Would be great if they actually created a worthwhile training module where you had to actually create a training regime that made sense for how you want to play and what you want your youngsters to emphasis on. For a simulation about a sport where you spend actually the majority of time with training this game has a very minimal training module imo and it would be great to see some new stuff there that could influence how your team plays.

Jagga7

A lot of work on interviews which is easily the most annoying part of the game. I always skip them and let my assistant handle them. They need to work on the match engine, tactical changes do not make a big another difference.

Trigg

aka Trippin_Stoned
I've not watched the video yet but all the talk about player and press interactions seems to miss the point. I like many others I guess skip those interactions because after a few days with the game you get repeat questions and just seems pointless.

No one wants to be a manager so they can do interviews for crying out loud, they should be focusing much more on the tactical side of the game and the match engine.

The daft thing is I'll still probably get it, like every other bloody year. I know I know, I'm part of the problem.

FC Ronaldo

I've not watched the video yet but all the talk about player and press interactions seems to miss the point. I like many others I guess skip those interactions because after a few days with the game you get repeat questions and just seems pointless.

No one wants to be a manager so they can do interviews for crying out loud, they should be focusing much more on the tactical side of the game and the match engine.

The daft thing is I'll still probably get it, like every other bloody year. I know I know, I'm part of the problem.
Agreed. Surely the focus in team meetings when drawing up plans for the next edition is:
1) Streamlining the speed of the game, making it as quick and entertaining to all as the glory days were.
2) Adding levels of depth for complete tactical, training and scouting developments for those that wish to spend hours on it ie updating the most important peripherals.
3) Updating the UI, data, text within the game, rules and match engine
4) Then assessing potential new features

Just number 3 this time around. Milking the cow for all it's worth a la COD. Can't blame them. Same game, shiny new insignificant things. Another year of record breaking money. Why break the mould any more? They're the market leader and have battered FIFA Manager and CM into submission pretty much.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
Isn't FMC the streamlined speed version for those who like the old way? Also, they have developed the scouting quite a lot, to be fair, as well as the training a bit, you can now role train for more specific roles, as in instead of just say training for Advanced Playmaker, you can go for Advanced Playmaker Support, or Advanced Playmaker Attack.