Gaming Football Manager 2015

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Been looking through the threads on SI Games and though I should start one here, the game is only 3/4 months away now so...

What are people hoping/expecting from the newest instalment in the FM series?

Personally, this year I would like to see an improvement in the dynamic league reputation and also dynamic league prize money as if you start in a small league and build a team up the prize money hardly changes at all.

This is said pretty much every year but the transfer system could do with improving too. Teams lowballing in FM14 has been particularly annoying. It's understandable that teams are trying to save money but offering 2 Million for a player worth like 10-15 million? Not realistic!

I had this idea last year but I think it would be cool if we could have a stand alone tactic editor/developer like the editing too so you can make and save tactics without having to enter the game when you think of them.

Anyone have any thoughts on what they'd like to see?

Varun

Staff
The corners in the game need a lot of improvement. First thing that comes to mind.

Santos J

AI squad building/transfer system needs a complete overhaul

Berbaclass

AI squad building/transfer system needs a complete overhaul
Yeah thats a really good one. I'm currently 10 years into my latest save and have the top two Scottish leagues loaded. Ross County are the champions, they have 4 players, the rest are greyed out :lol:

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Would be nice to actually be able to sell players for decent amounts for once. I've lost track of the amount of times I end up selling someone for a stupidly low amount

Berbaclass

Either that or players having more realistic value. If I can't sell a player worth 10 million for more that 5 he ain't worth 10 is he....

rio's upper lip

Would be nice to actually be able to sell players for decent amounts for once. I've lost track of the amount of times I end up selling someone for a stupidly low amount
Agreed. When I play as United I usually try to ship Rooney in the first transfer window as he is utter shit in this game(at least for my formations), but I just can't get a decent fee for him. If I wait a year or two I get like a couple of million quid for him. I guess it's a wage thing as well, but that's just ridiculous.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Selling players is usually difficult at the start, but if you give them half a season as a starter and they play decent enough you can get a really good price for them, so not that big of a problem.

I think they should change so many clubs making it impossible to buy big players. I offer 100m flat out just to see if they'll sell but they negotiate for 250 million. Like no, that would never happen for a center back. Maybe messi, or the best player in the world, but only that. Just impossible to buy players from certain teams.

NoLogo

Selling players is usually difficult at the start, but if you give them half a season as a starter and they play decent enough you can get a really good price for them, so not that big of a problem.

I think they should change so many clubs making it impossible to buy big players. I offer 100m flat out just to see if they'll sell but they negotiate for 250 million. Like no, that would never happen for a center back. Maybe messi, or the best player in the world, but only that. Just impossible to buy players from certain teams.
Honestly I think it's actually not bad this way because it shows you that they don't want to sell the player. The only way to get the player is to hope he becomes unhappy and complains to the media that he wants to leave, pretty much like in RL because let's face it we would have never sold CR to Real Madrid not even for 100M € if it hadn't bin Ronnie's wish to leave.

I actually like the fact that some players are impossible to get it makes the game imo more realistic.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
They need to make it so that a player who let's say is rated 3 star potential, can still suddenly become great and be world class. Look at Bale for example. Going by his career he would've gotten great potential at So'ton, not so great at Spurs and now probably 4 and a half. Hopefully people know what I mean by that. If their potential goes down that's it. They're never reaching the top level. It shouldn't be like that. They make it so that 5 star potentials can drop down and not reach it so it should work the other way too.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
They need to make it so that a player who let's say is rated 3 star potential, can still suddenly become great and be world class. Look at Bale for example. Going by his career he would've gotten great potential at So'ton, not so great at Spurs and now probably 4 and a half. Hopefully people know what I mean by that. If their potential goes down that's it. They're never reaching the top level. It shouldn't be like that. They make it so that 5 star potentials can drop down and not reach it so it should work the other way too.
There is players like that though.

Some never fully reach their potential, or some players with high potential have been at poor clubs, and until you get them at good facilities and playing regularly they won't fully show their true abilities. If you mean why does their potential not "grow" mid game, well that would be silly - you cannot over achieve your potential. It would make the scouting system worthless.

I had a player called Naim Slitl (tunisian) in this version, and I bought him for free for paris FC 2000 in the french national division, he was rated as a 4 star player back then. He stayed with me all the way to Ligue 1, even won player of the year. He was definitely better than what my scout's suggested if that's what you meant.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
The Match Engine is shocking, I still only watch games in 2D/Classic view.

I agree with the transfer fees of selling players on also.

I think they can improve training as well, give it a bigger part to play.

NoLogo

You also need to keep in mind that the rating your scouts report as potential is neither the CA nor the PA but a mixture of both.

For example if there are two players who have a PA of 180 and they are both the same age, let's say 17 but one has a CA of 100 and the other has one of 60 than the one with a CA of 60 will get a lower potential rating report even though both could potentially reach the same level. Another thing to factor in are hidden attributes, if a player has a low professional and ambition rating chances are that even a young player with a good CA and PA combo might never reach his potential on the other hand if the one that starts with a CA of 60 has a higher ambition and professional rating than the one with CA 100 he might very well overtake the CA 100 guy.

I think the current CA, PA system is actually quite good if it wasn't there every player with high professional and ambition attributes and would end up being world class some day.

Lu Tze

They need to stop phoning it in on the 3d ME side of things. Really, they're the biggest sports management sim worldwide, they sell a ton of copies, it's time for them to have real, decent quality 3d in their games. Teeny tiny shitty indie games manage it, so can SI. I'm not asking for FIFA, but the graphics look like they're from the 90's.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Press conferences. Either ditch them, or overhaul it. It's the same questions and answers from FM11. It seems to have a negative effect on some players if you just keep sending your assistant, but they are just so boring. You get some questions where all 5 answers are essentially the same answer worded a different way. It's a time-wasting exercise. Make them more interactive, and make it so they have more of an effect on relationships with opponents/managers and your own players.

I've always thought it would be good if you could choose an existing manager (or a player on the brink of retirement) to play as, rather than just being yourself. Everytime you start a new save, you start from zero experience and zero management history. So if I wanted to continue the career of David Moyes, I would start the save with Moyes' history, reputation, relationships etc, as well as taking over whichever club he is managing at the time (or unemployed, if he's still not back in the game by then).

I think there needs to be more on the opposition, and how to combat them. Currently, you choose an area to focus on, usually based on your scout's recommendation, and that's it. And then you can choose who you mark tightly, who you show onto their weaker foot and whatnot. It's a bit limited, whereas I'm sure focusing on the next opposition plays quite a large part in a team preparing for a game.

Basically, there should be more going on between matches which plays a part in how your team performs in the upcoming match.

Uniquim

There's a long list of features various people want on this link

There's a few I'm don't agree with, but this one could make life in FM interesting.

----
ST3V3NBOND - Make scouting harder
Currently, to learn the stats of a player - we only have to ask the scout to get a report. I feel that this is too easy and perhaps scouting could be made more thorough if the scout returned a report card with ranged stats.
For example: Dribbling: 10 - 17 Finishing: 12 - 18 First Touch: 9 - 16
This would require the scout to take a more extensive look into the player to determine the player's ability

----

That would make signing the best youngsters on youth intake day difficult too. I think it would be a nice change.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
Dynamic club reputation. If I'm top of the Championship comfortably in January, my rep shouldn't match a relegation candidate, perhaps my team should have become more attractive to players that would normally only consider promotion candidates.

Most especially though, if I'm just after ending a season promoted, I don't need to spend half to two thirds of the next transfer window as a Championship team and no one of a suitable quality wanting to join me.

Upgrading your stadium, training, and youth facilities needs work too. If my club has 40-50m in the bank, and the next upgrades are 750k, 1.5m and 2.5m for say my training facility, why can't I skip the lesser stages? If I can easily afford the better setup, surely it should be available to me, perhaps even as a bulk 4.75m price to bring it right up?

Cina

it's worse than FIFA at this stage, every year it's basically just an updated database and a slightly fancier/different UI, with a few extra, quite frankly useless additions (press conferences!) with the same old problems year in year out. I'm not forking out another 50e for it, unless they've revamped everything.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
I've bought FM every year for ages now on release date, but each year I've found myself slightly let down with little actual changes. I think unless some major change is actually announced, I'll be sticking with fm2014 for a while longer this time round.

Woodzy

I always buy it on release day but never actually get into it until I load it up a few months later.

Melvyn

prostate examiner
Yeah I think I'll buy this when it goes on sale on Steam.

Zen

Yeah the AI managers are terrible, stats don't even matter on staff at all, another tidbit I'd like is big teams not constantly playing their best or close to it teams in non-CL cups.....and the endless use of 442, I see Barca playing 442(and dominating mind you, also needs fixing) all the time, when was the last time Barca played 442?

Spielmacher

Yeah the AI managers are terrible, stats don't even matter on staff at all, another tidbit I'd like is big teams not constantly playing their best or close to it teams in non-CL cups.....and the endless use of 442, I see Barca playing 442(and dominating mind you, also needs fixing) all the time, when was the last time Barca played 442?
April 2010.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Press conferences. Either ditch them, or overhaul it. It's the same questions and answers from FM11. It seems to have a negative effect on some players if you just keep sending your assistant, but they are just so boring. You get some questions where all 5 answers are essentially the same answer worded a different way. It's a time-wasting exercise. Make them more interactive, and make it so they have more of an effect on relationships with opponents/managers and your own players.

I've always thought it would be good if you could choose an existing manager (or a player on the brink of retirement) to play as, rather than just being yourself. Everytime you start a new save, you start from zero experience and zero management history. So if I wanted to continue the career of David Moyes, I would start the save with Moyes' history, reputation, relationships etc, as well as taking over whichever club he is managing at the time (or unemployed, if he's still not back in the game by then).

I think there needs to be more on the opposition, and how to combat them. Currently, you choose an area to focus on, usually based on your scout's recommendation, and that's it. And then you can choose who you mark tightly, who you show onto their weaker foot and whatnot. It's a bit limited, whereas I'm sure focusing on the next opposition plays quite a large part in a team preparing for a game.

Basically, there should be more going on between matches which plays a part in how your team performs in the upcoming match.

Yeah I often wondered myself why that's not possible. The least they could do is give us an option to take the manager of your starting club out of the game.

AI squad management is complete joke (buy amazing talents for €20m then proceed to not give them any game time at all), the transfer system also needs changing - it's ridiculous that I can only sell my very best players for something remotely close to their value or that I can't find a loan club for one of my wonder kids who already has like a 2-3* CA.

The whole match simulation is also ridiculous, the 3d mode that looks like it's from mid 90s is unwatchable.

It's really quite pathetic how many obvious problems are still in this game, but now that EA stopped making their own manager series the sales will probably increase a lot even if they don't change anything.

Last edited:

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Yeah I often wondered myself why that's not possible. The least they could do is give us an option to take the manager of your starting club out of the game.
I read recently it's something to do with licensing. I imagine this game must be a nightmare to license fully, to be fair, but they seem to get around a lot of that by allowing people to edit whatever they want, use their own graphics/logos and such. It would be good to find a workaround to control an existing manager. I totally want to conquer world football with David Moyes.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Yes I had the same thought, but that's why I said they should allow us to remove that manager from the game. So we can create our own David Moyes and don't have to use the 'real' one - because I doubt those licensing rules prevent them from NOT including someone.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Last year had a big diff where you could play classic mode on Vita, making it cross device, that was quite big I thought.

In all seriousness, what;'s to stop them implementing some of these repetitive ideas that come up every year? Their market /research team will obviously be aware and I wondered in some of the instances what the reasons where as they are very minor changes resulting in fluidity/ cleaner Ui etc

ZDwyr

I usually miss every 2nd year but I am considering buying this one. Will wait and see what the updates and stuff are. I agree with the press conferences needing an overhaul. They are so tedious at this point.