Football Manager 2017

Art Vandelay

I'm having serious striker problems at Everton.

Lukaku is unhappy and won't speak to me as he wants to move to a bigger club so his morale is constantly very poor. Which affects his form dramatically, one week he scores a hattrick and the next he can't hit a barn door. Problem is no one will even bid for him so I'm stuck with him, Man City showed a minor interest which has now disappeared. Anyone managed to get a player like that back on board? He's been wanting this move for over a year.

Berahino I got on the cheap as a back up striker. I'd be better off just shitting on the pitch before the match and calling that my striker. His highest rating outside of the one game he scored was 6.4. He's played about 9 games and even for the reserves he is crap. More or less given up on him.

Kuki is too young and inconsistent to play too much and really just isn't ready yet, plus I'm trying to convert him into an inside forward on the right.

Maximiliano Romero is even younger but is banging the goals in on loan at Rio Ave, problem is I can't get a work permit for him to actually play for me.

It's wrecking my season as we can get no consistency and lack the funds to bring anyone in.

TakeMeHome

TakeMeHome

Lukaku is unhappy and won't speak to me as he wants to move to a bigger club so his morale is constantly very poor. Which affects his form dramatically, one week he scores a hattrick and the next he can't hit a barn door. Problem is no one will even bid for him so I'm stuck with him, Man City showed a minor interest which has now disappeared. Anyone managed to get a player like that back on board? He's been wanting this move for over a year.

Berahino I got on the cheap as a back up striker. I'd be better off just shitting on the pitch before the match and calling that my striker. His highest rating outside of the one game he scored was 6.4. He's played about 9 games and even for the reserves he is crap. More or less given up on him.

Kuki is too young and inconsistent to play too much and really just isn't ready yet, plus I'm trying to convert him into an inside forward on the right.

Maximiliano Romero is even younger but is banging the goals in on loan at Rio Ave, problem is I can't get a work permit for him to actually play for me.

It's wrecking my season as we can get no consistency and lack the funds to bring anyone in.
Lukaku got me 30 goals in one of my saves. Had lots of dry spells in between. Started with 9 goals in the 1st 6. I had the same problem also. He wanted to move to Chelsea even though they didnt bid but I told him to get on with his job, I'm the manager and I make the decisions etc etc and just stuck with him regardless of his form.

Acole9

Outstanding
If you don't win the title as United manager in first season will you be sacked?

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Trying to make Roma all Italian..Italians so far, Perin, Florenzi, Rugani, Goldaniga, Darmain, Bordin, Baselli, El Shaarawy, Berardi, Cerri, Sturaro and 4-5 players from the youth team have made the step up. But I just bought Sane and Depay for £18m combined..Too good to pass up.

Art Vandelay

Lukaku got me 30 goals in one of my saves. Had lots of dry spells in between. Started with 9 goals in the 1st 6. I had the same problem also. He wanted to move to Chelsea even though they didnt bid but I told him to get on with his job, I'm the manager and I make the decisions etc etc and just stuck with him regardless of his form.
Did Lukaku eventually agree to stay? It's December, we are 12th(mostly thanks to erratic strikers, but not actually far off 4th as it's quite tight) and he is coming up to having a year and a half left on his contract so will have to sell in January if I'm going to get a decent price.

TakeMeHome

TakeMeHome
Did Lukaku eventually agree to stay? It's December, we are 12th(mostly thanks to erratic strikers, but not actually far off 4th as it's quite tight) and he is coming up to having a year and a half left on his contract so will have to sell in January if I'm going to get a decent price.
I qualified for the champions league and he stayed. Entering the christmas period now, he's injured and wants to move again.

Redondo_Pirri

Supports
Real Madrid
Starting a new save with Real Madrid, starting a challenge to replace 75% of the regular starting 11 with youth players within 1 season and maintain results and not get fired lol

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
In my first season at Chapo now, won the pre-season league thingy they got over there but the club is a right mess financially. My budget is £90k for wages and £700 for transfers, leaving me with a squad that is tipped for relegation.

MJLD

Finished first season at United - thought the expectations were quite high but won the league and league cup and was given a new contract. Zlatan, Martial, Rashford all injured at one point (and Rooney on loan - can't get rid of him) so in the summer I've taken a punt on Berahino who was available on a free. Nothing more than a backup for now. Anyone get anything out of him at a top 4 club? Done alright pre-season as a sub.

When Martial and Rashford play together I get nothing out of them. Depay is excellent on this game.

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
My team was doing absolutely amazing, but how on earth am anyone supposed to be able to compete when the AI decides to do this?

Aussie_Red_Devil

Anybody had trouble with downloaded skins in the game? I've downloaded a few and extracted them the the skins file. But when I go in game it's just the default ones that show up. I'm able to get logos and face pack in the game but I can't figure out the skins.

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
Won the Brazilian League with Chapo in my second season, so I figured I've done mine to honor them! I literally cant deal with another 80-game season, so I applied to every available job. Newcastle gave me a chance, so lets see what happens.

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
^

Took Newcastle to 4th place and CL in my first season, and totally reshaped the squad in the summer window before I left for Schalke. They have a great squad with plenty of youngsters, so it should a good gig.

Lay

I concede so many late goals.

Art Vandelay

I started a new game with Arsenal, signed Pulisic but he's not been available for any of my pre-season games. I added him to training camp squad with no luck, he's still unavailable now the camp has ended. There's no indication why he's unavailable, he just isn't.

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
After Chapo and Newcastle, I created a very decent Schalke-side who won the Bundesliga before PSG aquired my services. I've never managed PSG on this game before, so I had to accept. Disappointed with my transfer budget for only £8m when I was put in charge in January, I now secured CL for the next season and was handed a transfer budget of £466m :eek: Easily the biggest I've ever seen on FM

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
@Burrow how the feck do you run through games so quickly? @Earthquake is the same! Do you guys actually sleep or just rest your eyes clicking continue?

Art Vandelay

My Arsenal team are brilliantly weak minded. They absolutely hammer everyone at home, then completely fall apart in every away game. It's magical. We've played something like 6 home games and scored 20+ goals while conceding only 4. In 4 away games we've scored 4 and conceded 11.

Castia

I started an Everton save and it's almost identical. I signed Kuki, Berahino and Romero (loaned to Valencia) while also having trouble with Lukaku following interest from Arsenal.

I won the league in the first year though (Kuki was great as att mid) but I almost got sacked in the second and finished the season losing 9 straight games (but won the league cup and reached CL quarters) my final position was 9th.

Going into my third year I have signed Berardi, Holjberg and some young highly rated keeper I forget the name, let's hope I can at least challenge top 4, it really sucks having little to no money though I think this will be my last season with Everton I want a big club to come in for me.

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
Well, I spent about £200m of my £477m transfer kit (I actually spent £450m, but sold for £200m :lol:) and was handed another £200m right at the end of the summer window! This will be the first time I'm unable to spend my transfer money!

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Surely nobody can beat this for a score draw in terms of goals?

I'm Bristol City manager and couldn't believe my eyes when it appeared in my inbox :lol:

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Surely nobody can beat this for a score draw in terms of goals?

I'm Bristol City manager and couldn't believe my eyes when it appeared in my inbox :lol:
Just realised we were 7-1 down at one point, fecking hell!

Art Vandelay

I started an Everton save and it's almost identical. I signed Kuki, Berahino and Romero (loaned to Valencia) while also having trouble with Lukaku following interest from Arsenal.I

I won the league in the first year though (Kuki was great as att mid) but I almost got sacked in the second and finished the season losing 9 straight games (but won the league cup and reached CL quarters) my final position was 9th.

Going into my third year I have signed Berardi, Holjberg and some young highly rated keeper I forget the name, let's hope I can at least challenge top 4, it really sucks having little to no money though I think this will be my last season with Everton I want a big club to come in for me.
I got so frustrated with the lack of support from the board that I just gave up on it and started over with Arsenal. Much less frustrating.

Anyone had any luck signing Greizman and converting him into a striker/trequarista? I'm tempted to give it a go in the summer.

Lay

I've won the CL 3 years in a row with Roma and each time the final was against Man Utd. That 7-1 is long gone now..

It seems my team is basically unbeatable.. I beat Barcelona 6-0 in the second leg, Atletico 5-0 and won at the Emirates 4-0. I even tried to stick to Italian players only, have about 15 in my squad of 21.

Skizzo

Finally jumped on board with this, and got into a United save.

Been realistic so far in that I've struggled to get some kind of consistency out of the squad. Did manage to offload Fellaini to China, Darmian to Arsenal, and Young on loan to West Brom. Fosu-Mensah and Tuanzebe both went on loan to Aston Villa and Preston respectively.

Incoming was Alban Lafont, Christian Pulisic and Reece Oxford.

8 games in so far and I've got a 4-2-2 record and sitting in 8th. Wayne Rooney is my leading scorer with 8 goals, and Pogba has been my best player.

Edit: since then I've won 10 straight games across all competitions, scoring 29 and conceding...0

Last edited:

NoLogo

Finally bought this game and my first thought is "It's way too good in simulating the Manchester United experience". Just battled to a 3-2 victory against Arsenal but what a game it was, I had 27 shots, 13 on goal against their 8 shots and 3 on goal and while I had 7 CCCs and 8 half chances they had like 2 half chances. Seriously game I have to deal with this shit every weekend watching United IRL I don't want that in my game as well. Feck off.

Oh and Fecking Giroud always mutates into an unstoppable goal scoring machine against me for some reason. Every fecking FM.

NoLogo

Wow this game is cracking me up. Community Shield game against Tottenham. I go up 4-1, for them to come back to 4-3 all before half time. In the second half they completely collapse and the game ends 8-3 in my favor.

Oh yeah I also managed to secure Griezmann for 67M € + some addons for games and goals. He scored two and assited two goals in his first game. Hope he keeps that up I feel my front three of Martial - Ibra - Griezmann will do quite well after seeing this first game they played together.

prateik

Not a gamer... So this might be a silly question...
What is steam? Any difference if I download it from steam or from the FM website.
The FM website asks me to pay $50 but steam has it for Rs1600 (~$24).

I just want the game. no online/multiplayer/social media interactions or tie ins. Just the full game.

Castia

Steam is the main gaming platform on PC, even if you buy from the FM website im pretty sure the game has to run through Steam anyway. Buy it from Steam, its the best option.

NoLogo

Fecking hell this game. Great start to the season with 5 wins in a row, 5th game my best attackers with Martial and Griezmann both get injured in the first half. Martial out for 3 Months with a broken ankle and Griezmann out with a damaged achilles heel for 4 months. Gimme a break. :mad:

On the upside Ibra is still going strong with 35. Scoring 4 goals in our first 5 games and I have Mkhi and Mata as a backup for Martial and Griezmann so I should get through those months without too much problems.