Gaming Football Manager 2020 (PC, Mac, Switch, Android, iOS, Stadia)

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
After a lot of changeover in playing staff, I was able to get Newcastle into the top 4 in my first season using a wing back formation.

Second season ended in heartbreak. A 97th minute Laporte winner in extra time meant losing the Carabao Cup final 4-3. Also went out of the FA Cup at the quarter final stage to a 119th minute Aubameyang goal. On both occasions I felt I was on top and other side were exhausted. Just that extra quality that I don’t have!

Fluked my way through to the semi final of the CL, where Real Madrid swatted me aside.

The league was painful, as I accumulated 15 more points than the season before, finishing on 80 points......and 5th place.

Going to go all out this season. New formation with more attacking talent and have brought in Martial, Zaniolo and Asensio on loan at great cost to make this happen!

Just can’t seem to beat the big teams away from home.

The goal this season is a trophy and top 4 again, which I will need after so much spending!

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Pulled the trigger on this young lad from Bayern for £20 Million. Don't sign many Germans and Tianjin bought Stark for £20 Million who hardly plays for me. He's naturally a LB but I think I can develop him pretty nicely as a ball playing CB.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
After a lot of changeover in playing staff, I was able to get Newcastle into the top 4 in my first season using a wing back formation.

Second season ended in heartbreak. A 97th minute Laporte winner in extra time meant losing the Carabao Cup final 4-3. Also went out of the FA Cup at the quarter final stage to a 119th minute Aubameyang goal. On both occasions I felt I was on top and other side were exhausted. Just that extra quality that I don’t have!

Fluked my way through to the semi final of the CL, where Real Madrid swatted me aside.

The league was painful, as I accumulated 15 more points than the season before, finishing on 80 points......and 5th place.

Going to go all out this season. New formation with more attacking talent and have brought in Martial, Zaniolo and Asensio on loan at great cost to make this happen!

Just can’t seem to beat the big teams away from home.

The goal this season is a trophy and top 4 again, which I will need after so much spending!
Sounds class. It took me around 3 seasons to perfect a tactic to use against the big sides but now I can compete with them most of the time.

Transfers are the only thing in this game which are a bit shite and annoying. Mentioned that Hudson-Odoi deal but West Ham who finished 16th last season just bid 120m for a player.

Berbaclass

Sounds class. It took me around 3 seasons to perfect a tactic to use against the big sides but now I can compete with them most of the time.

Transfers are the only thing in this game which are a bit shite and annoying. Mentioned that Hudson-Odoi deal but West Ham who finished 16th last season just bid 120m for a player.
Typical Sullivan/Gold :lol:

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Just got offered the Spain, Italy and France job at the same time. :lol:

2E_MUFC

Pulled the trigger on this young lad from Bayern for £20 Million. Don't sign many Germans and Tianjin bought Stark for £20 Million who hardly plays for me. He's naturally a LB but I think I can develop him pretty nicely as a ball playing CB.

Looks quality

Berbaclass

Pinched another from Bayern, a segundo volant this time, which is great because I play with two of them! Again looks very good!

Kai Havertz is acting up now though, refusing to sign a new contract and his deal expires in 12 months FFS. Little cnut wants to move to PSG I think.

Maluco

Do you slow down passing and try to play or do you go direct and try to get more chances?

PL is a nightmare as even the middling teams have dangerous players all over the park, so feels like away from home is a lottery.

If a few of their players turn up, it’s hard to stay in games.

Thought slowing it down and trying to use my quality was the solution, but it often results in not moving the ball quick enough and not creating anything.

Move it quicker and I end up just giving it back to opposition.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Do you slow down passing and try to play or do you go direct and try to get more chances?

PL is a nightmare as even the middling teams have dangerous players all over the park, so feels like away from home is a lottery.

If a few of their players turn up, it’s hard to stay in games.

Thought slowing it down and trying to use my quality was the solution, but it often results in not moving the ball quick enough and not creating anything.

Move it quicker and I end up just giving it back to opposition.
Against the big sides I usually play a 4-1-4-1 on balanced/defensive or a 5-4-1 on balance/defensive depending on fitness of my players. Usually works quite well, I also go more direct in those games too. Managed to beat Chelsea and Atletico in my last two games using that tactic though so it has worked.

I find that Agility/Dribbling on this game is OP.

Maluco

I find Liverpool ridiculously overpowered. They never seem to lose games against anyone and destroy even the other big teams in the league.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I find Liverpool ridiculously overpowered. They never seem to lose games against anyone and destroy even the other big teams in the league.
They definitely are. Even though I am in my 8th season now they're still virtually unstoppable. On my save they seem to find players each year for 2m (that I don't see until they've signed them) that become world class. :(

4 Fa Cups, 4 Leagues, 2 CL, 2 League cups in 7 years. Won the treble last year too.

Last edited:

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Not sure if anyone watches lollujo on YouTube, but I've just witnessed an amazing end to a league campaign on his non-league to legend save. Don't want to spoil it too much but it's worth a watch.

Berbaclass

Not sure if anyone watches lollujo on YouTube, but I've just witnessed an amazing end to a league campaign on his non-league to legend save. Don't want to spoil it too much but it's worth a watch.
I used to watch him but I just find him a bit boring now. I only really watch ScribeFM on Youtube and sometimes Foxinthebox and The Reckonist on stream.

I watch BustTheNet also his videos/ideas are great.

Zen

Rocked up FM05.

Cavenaghi a boss. But jesus, 15 years! Signed him forgetting RVN was still there..... forget Saha..... and Djemba, Miller, Kleberson, Richardson, Fortune - glory times.

Berbaclass

Rocked up FM05.

Cavenaghi a boss. But jesus, 15 years! Signed him forgetting RVN was still there..... forget Saha..... and Djemba, Miller, Kleberson, Richardson, Fortune - glory times.
I always used to get Vanden Borre. Quality player.

I'd love to play it but all my computers are macs :( MIght install a VM or something.

Zen

Yeah I tried it on a Mac ages, no go really - built a PC. Lockdown..... back to giving it a go. Works straight away. Trying to remember people from it tough though. I know my first game on it was Liverpool..... sucks, but I led them to the CL before they even did it that year. 4231 ... Diego in the AMC was my first 'find' on it.

Another good run was Boro, Mendieta and Downing feeding Cavenaghi who'd go to most top league teams, unreal.

Berbaclass

Yeah I tried it on a Mac ages, no go really - built a PC. Lockdown..... back to giving it a go. Works straight away. Trying to remember people from it tough though. I know my first game on it was Liverpool..... sucks, but I led them to the CL before they even did it that year. 4231 ... Diego in the AMC was my first 'find' on it.

Another good run was Boro, Mendieta and Downing feeding Cavenaghi who'd go to most top league teams, unreal.
It's easy enough I'd probably spend more time installing/configuring windows than actually playing though. I always think it would be cool to play but I quickly lose interest :lol:

Zen

Yeah, interest isn't what it was.

Leo Messi - His name is wrong(Luis Leonardo), Birth place is wrong, not that great, right footed. Makes it hard to be interested when you know where they've flopped massively, and theres a fair few misses in FM05.

Downing, Joaquin, Cavenaghi, Diego all ended up at Ronaldinho god levels any time you'd sign them. Dede on it is still the absolute FM GOAT LB too, nothings either come close to him as a LB in any save any team(that you could the player for).

Santos J

Fecking hell just watched it, I think I'd just give up on the game at that point :lol:

Maluco

3rd season with Newcastle and Martial is capable of brilliance, and other times, nothing. Much like real life!

Young players like Ajer, Armini, Tonali, Moro and Zaniolo are now starters and Dembele is the main man up front.

Fought and battled my way to another Carabao Cup final....and lost again. This time on penalties to Man United after they scored a last minute equalizer. Shocking stuff.

We managed to go on a tear after this game, despite never looking convincing, and didn’t lose again in the league, finishing with an incredible 93 points. The title came down to the last game and it was all square between ourselves and Liverpool, best result wins.

We won a good game away at Sheffield United 2-1, Liverpool beat Burnley 2-0 and won the league by a single goal:(

I was way behind in January but it still hurt!

In the Europa League, we defeated Marseille and PSV with ease to reach the semi final. We beat Chelsea 2-0 at home, and produced the performance of my time in charge to win 4-2 at the Bridge and book our place in the final.

After 3 seasons, in our 3rd final and after lots of heartache, we beat Monchengladbach on penalties to lift the Europa League and our first trophy!

A bizarre season all in all, but the objective to win a trophy was achieved in the very last game.

There will be no signings during the summer because of clubs finances, so it will be a matter of trying to get our loans back and hoping young players can improve and we can get close to 85-90 points again.

At this stage though, we just have to hope that Klopp leaves. Lots of scraped results, so I can’t see a 93 point season again. And even that wasn’t enough!

2E_MUFC

No better Youtubers than DoctorBenjy for fm. He’s not the most amazing on the game but he’s brilliant to watch.

Has anyone got the 4-3-3 scoring a lot of goals on this version? Trying it with Dortmund in my 3rd season but I really am struggling with them at the min to get goals. I changed from last season formation as I leaked far too many goals and that cost me the title.

Zen

I own it ... shocked it goes for a couple quid on eBay too, but not selling.

sebsheep

I used to watch him but I just find him a bit boring now. I only really watch ScribeFM on Youtube and sometimes Foxinthebox and The Reckonist on stream.

I watch BustTheNet also his videos/ideas are great.
He's not the most exciting person to watch and he does often seem to forget that there is an actual match being played, the non-league to legend series is a pretty good watch though. I only really watch him and DrBenjy. Videos fit in perfectly with cooking/washing up. Have seen a bit of Foxinthebox, didn't draw me in but I'll have to check out the others.

Fecking hell just watched it, I think I'd just give up on the game at that point :lol:
Made worse by the fact his board wanted him to challenge for the league and now think he failed. He spent nearly £1 billion that season and finished up only winning the German league cup. :lol:

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Sitting here in a bit of disbelief. Finished my 8th season at Sunderland and it's probably my favourite and most memorable/proud achievement in FM aside from taking Chester from non-league to the PL. I feel like I've broken the game. :lol:

Maluco

Sitting here in a bit of disbelief. Finished my 8th season at Sunderland and it's probably my favourite and most memorable/proud achievement in FM aside from taking Chester from non-league to the PL. I feel like I've broken the game. :lol:
A league win??

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
So in the Summer I was quite happy with my side and the development all of my youngsters were going to have until these two beasts popped up on my radar...I sold Gouiri for 35m despite him being a really solid back-up and got in this Ferreyra lad instead for 15m from a Uruguayan side and he is an absolute tank.

He won European Golden Boy and World U-21 Footballer of the Year midway through the season and I feel a bit sorry for Greenwood who has is now going to stall in development for a 2nd time because I just can't not play Ferreyra...

Anyway. I was optimistic about the season because of these two signings and the balance of my squad (Full of Brazilian wonderkids by now...) and I was right to be. We played fantastically against the big sides all season and my defence was monstrous which I think is helped by the gegenpress style that I go for.

We drew a lot against the smaller sides (For some reason my players found it quite hard to motivate in these games compared to the bigger ones) but that was fine as I think we were also helped out by all the other big clubs having pretty poor seasons. I think I hit the cliff in my game where a lot of players in Liverpools side like Van Dijk, Firminio, Salah etc are 34/35 - even people like Robertson are 32ish so they get battered in terms of conditioning but the AI still plays them. Oh well, won't take anything away from the fact we won the league!

A reason I am proud is because of this. In many of my past FM saves I was quite happy to let finances go to absolute shit and put monthly installments anywhere I could but in this save I've tried to keep that to a bare minimum and build the club up as best as I can and to go from League 1 to the PL, build up a huge turnover and keep my wage budget low and win the league is pretty mad to have done (For me anyway).

LASTLY. Oh boy. I entered the CL thinking that we were going to be a bit shit but hope for a win or two in the group stage so we can get a bit of money. Well, we drew Bayern, Atletico and Feyenoord so I didn't expect to have more than 6 points. Turns out my side had different ideas. Won and drew against Atletico. Drew against Bayern. Won both against Feyenoord. Finished top of the group. Oh. Alright then.

Draw OM in the knockout stage which was good as they're not that good. Scraped through by winning 1-0 away and drawing 1-1 at home. Next round we have Chelsea who had already beaten me in the league and were my rivals for the title. We lost the first game 1-0 and I had a very good set of fixtures in the league that I wanted to win so I played a weakened side in the next leg as I wanted to prioritise the league. They did it again. We beat them 2-0 at home with my man Ferreyra getting both. Semi-Finals we have Benfica (who are quality on my save and seem to always have an abundance of world class wonderkids) and we breezed through. 2-0 on agg and they never gave us any trouble. I couldn't quite believe how easy it was, I was barely trying to get through and in some games I was purposely choosing a weaker side to prioritise the league but the lads kept persevering.

Anyway. PSG in the Final. Had an almost full squad available apart from the midfield. Wasn't fussed if we lost and had a team meeting before the game saying it's fine if we lose because nobody thought we would get there. What happened next is well....

Shoutout my boy James Garner who has been at the club since I started the save and had to come in for the CL Final because my midfield had a few injuries. Legend of the club.

Definitely one of my best saves, if not the most fun.

Berbaclass

So in the Summer I was quite happy with my side and the development all of my youngsters were going to have until these two beasts popped up on my radar...I sold Gouiri for 35m despite him being a really solid back-up and got in this Ferreyra lad instead for 15m from a Uruguayan side and he is an absolute tank.

He won European Golden Boy and World U-21 Footballer of the Year midway through the season and I feel a bit sorry for Greenwood who has is now going to stall in development for a 2nd time because I just can't not play Ferreyra...

Anyway. I was optimistic about the season because of these two signings and the balance of my squad (Full of Brazilian wonderkids by now...) and I was right to be. We played fantastically against the big sides all season and my defence was monstrous which I think is helped by the gegenpress style that I go for.

We drew a lot against the smaller sides (For some reason my players found it quite hard to motivate in these games compared to the bigger ones) but that was fine as I think we were also helped out by all the other big clubs having pretty poor seasons. I think I hit the cliff in my game where a lot of players in Liverpools side like Van Dijk, Firminio, Salah etc are 34/35 - even people like Robertson are 32ish so they get battered in terms of conditioning but the AI still plays them. Oh well, won't take anything away from the fact we won the league!

A reason I am proud is because of this. In many of my past FM saves I was quite happy to let finances go to absolute shit and put monthly installments anywhere I could but in this save I've tried to keep that to a bare minimum and build the club up as best as I can and to go from League 1 to the PL, build up a huge turnover and keep my wage budget low and win the league is pretty mad to have done (For me anyway).

LASTLY. Oh boy. I entered the CL thinking that we were going to be a bit shit but hope for a win or two in the group stage so we can get a bit of money. Well, we drew Bayern, Atletico and Feyenoord so I didn't expect to have more than 6 points. Turns out my side had different ideas. Won and drew against Atletico. Drew against Bayern. Won both against Feyenoord. Finished top of the group. Oh. Alright then.

Draw OM in the knockout stage which was good as they're not that good. Scraped through by winning 1-0 away and drawing 1-1 at home. Next round we have Chelsea who had already beaten me in the league and were my rivals for the title. We lost the first game 1-0 and I had a very good set of fixtures in the league that I wanted to win so I played a weakened side in the next leg as I wanted to prioritise the league. They did it again. We beat them 2-0 at home with my man Ferreyra getting both. Semi-Finals we have Benfica (who are quality on my save and seem to always have an abundance of world class wonderkids) and we breezed through. 2-0 on agg and they never gave us any trouble. I couldn't quite believe how easy it was, I was barely trying to get through and in some games I was purposely choosing a weaker side to prioritise the league but the lads kept persevering.

Anyway. PSG in the Final. Had an almost full squad available apart from the midfield. Wasn't fussed if we lost and had a team meeting before the game saying it's fine if we lose because nobody thought we would get there. What happened next is well....

Shoutout my boy James Garner who has been at the club since I started the save and had to come in for the CL Final because my midfield had a few injuries. Legend of the club.

Great season man, nice going!

Berbaclass

When you're raging because the games going to end 0-0 and you can't take your chances :lol:

I should add that we created 1 CCC to Oxfords 2 :lol:

Lay

I enjoy some of the things which occur in the FM AI world. For example, in Messi's final game of his career, he comes off the bench to score the winner in the Copa America final against Brazil. Finally wins international silverware. Another is Serbia suddenly becoming a world force, won the Euros and 2 years later lost in the World Cup final on penalties to France.

Berbaclass

I enjoy some of the things which occur in the FM AI world. For example, in Messi's final game of his career, he comes off the bench to score the winner in the Copa America final against Brazil. Finally wins international silverware. Another is Serbia suddenly becoming a world force, won the Euros and 2 years later lost in the World Cup final on penalties to France.
Norway won the 2022 world cup on mine.

Maluco

That’s phenomenal! Great stuff mate. I think it is more satisfying when you do things the right way as well.

I haven’t, I have overspent for players and on wages trying to compete. Won the league in my 4th season but board refuse to develop training facilities and young players just aren’t growing properly, so might be time to move on and start again elsewhere.

Zen

Chester? Location: Scotland ..... is that random or have you moved from the area. I used to have an occasional Chester game, hard grind, not sure I'm in for the long haul anymore.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Chester? Location: Scotland ..... is that random or have you moved from the area. I used to have an occasional Chester game, hard grind, not sure I'm in for the long haul anymore.
I saw it as a challenge on an FM forum which is why I took it on. My local team in Scotland isn't in the game. They're highland league. I don't think I've found a database that includes them but would love to try and find one.

Maluco

Been offered the Everton job after winning League One with Sunderland. Torn on what to do!
Don’t do it, was going to leave Newcastle after two seasons for arsenal and my brother said, if you do that, you may as well have started with Arsenal!

Will mean a lot more getting there with Sunderland