Football players you rate but others don't

Rafaeldagold

Jack Wilshere. At times he’s an amazing footballer, I think injuries have lowered peoples opinions of him.

Also Joey Barton was a really good footballer

arnie_ni

Davis but i have northern ireland bias.
Shane long as well... again ni would kill for a striker off his talent.
Smalling

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Blind
Mkhitaryan
Özil
Banega

NoPace

Ndidi isn't the kind of CM I typically like but with his age, I think he's a 70M player these days and I get the sense most people would think that's way too high.

Nani when he was at United. Great player, incredibly productive for us, the assists stats show that.

I guess I think Azpilicueta is a better RB than most people do.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Fellaini and Lingard at United.

Willian, Bale and Perisic - Caf specials.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Perisic is rated by loads of people.

What are you on about? Everyone rates Willian.
Lots of people have dismissed them when we have been linked to them

Sparky Rhiwabon

Fellaini - not a world beater but its become fashionable on here to say that he's rubbish, partly I think because he's associated so closely with the Moyes era and partly because of how he looks, but he really isn't that bad

devil in me

Fellaini - not a world beater but its become fashionable on here to say that he's rubbish, partly I think because he's associated so closely with the Moyes era and partly because of how he looks, but he really isn't that bad
Yeah. Him signing a new contract is definitely a good thing.

Bobski

Fellaini gets rubbished because of the way he is and has been used, an out ball, battering ram, a short cut to coaching proper football. His name on the team sheet creates an inevitability about the way Utd are going to play and it has rarely been pretty, bar that amazing 2 weeks of LVG.

kaempen

Rabiot, at least quite a bit higher than what I hear from most people.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Adama has the understanding and decison-making of a child, he is nowhere near. He has tons of speed, but so does Usain Bolt and he too would make a rubbish footballer. Adama is the kind of player that would dribble the keeper and two defenders 10/10 times instead of passing the ball to a completely open player in front of the goal.
Well yeah if others rated him he wouldn't have been in this thread would he :D
But it's wrong to say that all he has is speed. He has impressive technical qualities. It might never happen that he manages to combine those qualities with sharp decision making, but he's made great lengths in that area with Middlesborough this season and has established himself as their go to player as the season progressed. Your last sentence has always been the case with him, but it's been massively improved on this season, he's learnt to harness his incredible ability to go past players to do so in ways that benefits the team. He's been linked away to a few prem teams, I'm hoping he stays at Middlesborough for another season and takes another step up.

Kemizee

1.Adrien Rabiot and Blaise Matuidi. Watched PSG when they played together. Both were very comfortable on the ball and could beat the high press from the opposition. They were great in PSG's possesion and build-up game.

2. Javier Mascherano. Real leader and pillar even after he transitioned from midfield to defence.

3. Luis Nani. A quality player who admittedly was not on his A-game all the time. Nevertheless,he was an awesome winger and could play on both flanks and poppled up with crucial goals and assists.

4. Marcos Rojo. He may be rash at times but when his concentration is there, he is mostly unbeatable.

Robbie Boy

I can fully understand why people don’t rate plenty of the mentions in here. Hint, because they’re shite.

xonyo

Supports
Arsenal
Mertesacker - would probably have been talked about as one of the best in the world with some pace.

Demyanenko_square_jaw

Not a current player but one that jumps out for me is Viktor Onopko.

Often seen by younger Russian fans as a a bit of a joke figure and symbol of an era when international football went to shit results-wise. Probably more well known for his born looking 60 appearance than having watched him play a lot by everyone else. I thought he was a very good defender and sometime defensive midfielder and solid continuation of the ball playing orchestrator\sweeper style of defender the ussr had done well in producing from 60s to 80s like Khurtsilava, Chivadze, khidiyatullin and Baltacha. His distribution, positioning and ability to intercept and carry the ball into midfield were all top-notch, only real weakness was slow acceleration/lack of turning speed so he could get taken out if isolated by a good dribbler or fast player if given space to run at him.

He was the victim of a typically ineptly and shadily handled late 80s/90s soviet transfer from Spartak where the club were close to finalising a deal with Atletico Madrid, but suddenly dumped him at Real Oviedo who were perpetual relegation threat at the time. He spent the rest of his prime battling to keep them in la liga and in relative obscurity while someone of a similar quality and style like Gica Popescu was playing with Barca.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
Xhaka. He isn't a DM, but playing next to a proper DM I think he could be very good.

pregra

Supports
FC Barcelona,Argentina
William Carvalho - Very disciplined, neat and methodical would work wonders at most premiership sides outside of the top 4 -5 where he may be offer too little going forward but offer a brilliant platform for more talented players around him to play.
This. Strange to me that a bigger club than Betis didn't snap him up. At times he looks as slow as Busquets but very rarely gets beaten. Calm with the ball and doesn't try (and screw up) any fancy stuff.

Red Pumpkin

Supports
Bayern Munchen
The "could-have-beens"

Aristide Bance (CF) when he played at Mainz was a handful.

Marcelo Bordon (CB) was every bit Lúcios equal when the former played for Schalke and the later at Bayern.

Fabian Ernst (CM) was a nasty player at Schalke, the sort you love to have in your team but hate when he plays for the opponents. Sort of van Bommel like.

Man Utd Fernandes (CM) was great at Benfica and Valencia, definitely should have made more out of his career.

Daniel van Buyten (CB) slow as a turtle but probably the strongest player i've ever seen and one of the greatest aerial threats as well.

Wilmar Barrios (CM) From his showing at the WC this man ought to be bought by a big club, the next Arturo Vidal.

Asamoah Gyan (ST) Great player that could have tore defences apart if he got a chance at a big club.

Sunday Mba (CM) when i watched him at the AFCON 2013 I was sure that he would be picked up by a big club but a move never materialized. Great engine, good technique, knack for goal.

Walter Gargano (CM) was other worldly for a short while, Gattuso 2.0, but never got the plaudits.

Keylor Navas (GK) well, the man has been astonishing at Real Madrid (3 UCL) and Costa Rica (2 straight WC) but is still seen as an interim until De Gea/Courtois/InsertName signs for real. Under appreciated!

ThaReaper01

Kagawa, Rojo and Darmian. Kagawa is very very talented and him only getting 2 seasons, mainly out on the left and then sold was so disappointing. I was more excited about his signing than RvP. Rojo has had usually done right by United when he’s been given runs in the side.

And I’ve never understood the hate Darmian gets. He’s not really put a foot wrong throughout his time here. He’s more of a wingback than a fullback, I think, so he’s a little more defensive since he doesn’t have that third center back to cover for him and it shows.