Football podcasts

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Football Weekly and Football Ramble should cover all your bases.

So... did anyone seek out that Jimbo and Sid Lowe fan-fiction then?!

Xander45

Know-It-All Champion May 2009
Football Ramble and Football Weekly are definitely worth getting into, The Game is alright (especially now Paddy Barclay isn't on it) but isn't as good as the other two and is usually like a poor version of Football Weekly.

There is a United podcast called the United Redcast, give it a listen and see what you think. I quite like it personally.

Football Weekly and Football Ramble should cover all your bases.

So... did anyone seek out that Jimbo and Sid Lowe fan-fiction then?!
:lol: Sid was really getting into it, much more than I think Jimbo was expecting.

Moonwalker

What an atrocious Sunday Supplement that was.

Paul Smith has to be the worst of their 'esteemed' guests. You get an impression that the man thinks words are actually overrated, and is content to just reply with deep sighs, groans and grimaces.

Far Too Late

What an atrocious Sunday Supplement that was.

Paul Smith has to be the worst of their 'esteemed' guests. You get an impression that the man thinks words are actually overrated, and is content to just reply with deep sighs, groans and grimaces.
He was in particularly miserable form today. I agree it was an atrocious episode too. As much as I dislike Holt, Shepherd et al, they at least make an interesting conversation.

Moonwalker

Neil Ashton: So what about Sunderland then, do you think they could be dragged into a survival fight?

Paul Smith: Erghhh, eehh, ohhh...(rolls eyes).

NA: That's your answer then?

PS: Awkward look.

NA: ...

PS: Erghh I mean... you know...(dismissive hand gesture, face contorts).

NA: Alright Paul, good stuff.

Brevity is the soul of wit.

Brophs

The One and Only
When he does use words Smith usually responds to things people say with well thought out arguments like "Nahhh", "I'm not having that" or "Come on. Can you really see that happening?" and then leaving it there. Great minds like his don't need to explain themselves.

Far Too Late

When he does use words Smith usually responds to things people say with well thought out arguments like "Nahhh", "I'm not having that" or "Come on. Can you really see that happening?" and then leaving it there. Great minds like his don't need to explain themselves.
There was one coherent argument he had. The City loving journo seemed to be siding with Mancini's argument that they were only 5 points worse than us, not 15 and Smith came out with something along the lines of:-

'Well they are 15 worse aren't they? Look at the league'.

Delivered with total dismissal and not a little bit of venom in his voice.

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
If Paul Smith is indeed a real journalist and not an actor taking the piss out of Fleet Street, he must be a figure of fun among even that group of morons. His fellow panellists were holding in the giggles at times.

In my experience the Sunday Supplement is the perfect demonstration of why the back pages are for the msot part a gravy train equal ot that of the EU, little ahs changed i see.

The Football Ramble has become insufferably childish for me.

Rory Smith appearing weekly on TheGame this season has likely sent that venture into terminal decline.

Football Weekly must have a contractual obligation for half the panel to be stoned these days.

Brophs

The One and Only
On Football Weekly, am I the only one who finds these surreal/whimsical interludes (punching a cow, 2Unlimited etc.) painfuly unfunny? Not to mention that James Richardson seems intent on becoming a parody of himself.

FortBoyard

gets teste with iPads
Supports
Bitter Racism
On Football Weekly, am I the only one who finds these surreal/whimsical interludes (punching a cow, 2Unlimited etc.) painfuly unfunny? Not to mention that James Richardson seems intent on becoming a parody of himself.
It's because you are such an acclaimed humorist Brophs. Your fantastic sense of humor elevates you above appreciating the status quo.

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
I think it depends on the line-up, it can flow failry well if the the quality of the panel and stories provide a good balance.

Jacob Steinberg, Mark McCinnis(sp?) and that one from Birmingham who sounds like he still goes to school tend not to help matters IMO.

ell

I think I have realised why I like football weekly so much compared to other podcasts, it is because it is easy to follow and flows very smoothly.

I listened to football ramble and they just speak over one another the whole time, its so infuriating.

James Richardson and Sid Lowe are always good to listen to, as is Amy who is occasionally on it, she has a lovely voice.

Also i don't think the little anecdotal interludes are bad at all, it just pleasant listening, they are not trying to be a comedy show, it's just a group of well spoken men having a civilised talk about football.

Annihilate Now!

Scout
I think they're great... and give the show good character and humour. Not all the tangents work (Animal punching did, 2Unlimited didn't in my opinion) but they can provide good sources of comedy and allow for some terrible football analogies (and who doesn't love terrible football analogies?!)

There was a point in yesterdays podcast, when one of the pod started talking about football during one of the tangents, and James called him out on going off-topic which made me legitimately laugh out loud.

prateik

I think I have realised why I like football weekly so much compared to other podcasts, it is because it is easy to follow and flows very smoothly.

I listened to football ramble and they just speak over one another the whole time, its so infuriating.

James Richardson and Sid Lowe are always good to listen to, as is Amy who is occasionally on it, she has a lovely voice.

Also i don't think the little anecdotal interludes are bad at all, it just pleasant listening, they are not trying to be a comedy show, it's just a group of well spoken men having a civilised talk about football.
She really does..

Annihilate Now!

Scout
I genuinely LOL'd at something on the Tuesday Club podcast this morning. In a crowded lift too. Embarrassing.
I've still to listen to this weeks Tuesday Club... so I'll try to make sure I listen to this one in the car. Usually, I only ever really listen to podcasts on public transport... So I'm always chuckling away to myself like some weirdo... it is pretty embarassing.

I catch the same two trains everyday too, so I think I'm probably just known to other regulars as slightly attractive giggling bloke in the corner... maybe without the first part.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
You probably won't find it that funny now I've hyped it up. I just love the dynamic between them and there's a bit in it where Alan Davies rips the piss the mouthy bloke, which really tickled my funny bone. That and the ongoing hating on Giroud.

Oh and there's a reference to Oblivion which made me chuckle too.

Annihilate Now!

Scout
I laugh more at the Tuesday Club then any of the other podcast. If Alan Davies does his superb Giroud impression then that'll be it for me.

And it better be a praising the mighty Tom Cruise and his ability to constantly save humanity reference...

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
Only RVP made it into the Game's Premier League Tam of the Year.

Marcotti treid to get Carrick in there but it wasn't happening.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Only RVP made it into the Game's Premier League Tam of the Year.

Marcotti treid to get Carrick in there but it wasn't happening.
Yeah I just heard the podcasts. This was the team:

Cech
Zabaleta
Nastasic
Vertonghen
Baines
David Luiz
Mata
Cazorla
Bale
Suarez
Van Persie

With Michael Laudrup as the manager. Who says journos know the game well.

Brophs

The One and Only
Cazorla's been good, but he's blown hot and cold at times, whereas Carrick has been the best player for the best team in the country. Daft.

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
Not even a mention for De Gea from what i can recall.

It was an odd experience listening to the Sunday Supplement pod though, as Custis of all people was making the most sense much of the time.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Dickinson's argument over Carrick was because United need to strengthen their midfield, the current decent midfielder that they have who lead them to the title isn't good enough.

Rowem

gently, down the stream
Yeah but Luiz scores the occasional screamer, so he gets picked.

Simplistic views for a simplistic audience*.

*football fans in general. I have no idea what The Game Podcast's audience are like.

Annihilate Now!

Scout
I'm listening to The Game now... these pundits are morons, especially this las, who has so far made two ridiculous claims of "Spurs have the best bench in the league" and "Maloney has been one of the best players of the season" Note:Not had an excellent last month or so and has been about as good as Wigan have been before that, but has been one of the best players of the whole season... riiiiight.

Dickinson's argument over Carrick was because United need to strengthen their midfield, the current decent midfielder that they have who lead them to the title isn't good enough.
And this guy too... this argument makes no sense.

And Luiz has been laughably shit in as many games as he's actually been brilliant. Again, the season is not 2 months long.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
Second captains four times a week from next week! :D

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
I can't say i've heard of it, what is the focus of the discussion on the pod?

With the abject nature of some of the established podcasts last season i do wonder if it might eb worth the Caf giving it another go. Of the OTB variety that is.