Football & Sports Betting Thread 2019/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
On Liverpool -1 asian v Flamengo for Saturday.

Will post reasoning tomorrow.
No tips today? Run up to Christmas always seems a bit dire for gambling.
I’ve taken since last weekend off until January (from full time betting), just doing 1/2 hours a day now looking for games of interest. Fixtures always really poor the final 2 weeks of December from a betting perspective.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604

I’ve taken since last weekend off until January (from full time betting), just doing 1/2 hours a day now looking for games of interest. Fixtures always really poor the final 2 weeks of December from a betting perspective.
Yeah I agree, you never know who is going to turn up over the Christmas period, some players are on holiday mode, others see Christmas as an opportunity with other teams being congested or in holiday mode. It's a minefield. Saying that, this entire season has been so far anyway.

I'll probably do a couple accumulators for little amounts so I've got some interest through the festive period but I expect to take a small loss tbh. Bad from a money making side, but this is just a bit of fun for the next couple weeks.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica

I feel you. I can't even be considered a part-timer, but it still drains quite the time and energy from me of picking matches, analyzing team form, injuries, player's form, etc. That's the main reason I don't do betting at weekends, because it took time I could enjoy with friends and family.
Most people don't realize, but I know a person that also is a full time punter, and he spends 12 hours minimum per day in front of a computer doing analysis and picking his markets.

Pagh Wraith

I'm not a big fan of long-term bets usually but I have staked Leipzig to win the Bundesliga. 4.00+ (up to 4.50 in a few places) is widely available. I think the market still undervalues them and I don't see them far off Bayern over whom they have a four-point lead. My own price is sub 3.00.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
I'm not a big fan of long-term bets usually but I have staked Leipzig to win the Bundesliga. 4.00+ (up to 4.50 in a few places) is widely available. I think the market still undervalues them and I don't see them far off Bayern over whom they have a four-point lead. My own price is sub 3.00.
If they are up to it into the last matchdays, you can make hedging.

Pagh Wraith

Weekend bets:

Everton v Arsenal, Everton -0.25 @ 2.13
Newcastle v Palace, Newcastle -0.25 @ 2.09
Bristol Rovers v Peterborough, Peterborough -0.5 @ 2.36
Burton v Rochdale, Rochdale 0.75 @ 2.16
Maidenhead v Barnet, Barnet -0.75 @ 2.45
Solihull v Barrow, Barrow -0.25 @ 2.43
Chorley v Dover, Dover 0 @ 2.14
Altrincham v Kidderminster, Altrincham -0.5 @ 1.97
Farsley v Leamington, Leamington 0.5 @ 1.96
Orleans v Sochaux, Orleans -0.25 @ 2.26
Hungerford v Dulwich, Dulwich -0.25 @ 2.01
Eastbourne v Bath, Bath 0 @ 2.01
Hemel Hempstead v Tonbridge, Tonbridge 0.5 @ 2.15

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Leicester +1 at 6/4 tomorrow looks good to me. City to win by two goals is a pretty tough ask against a Leicester team that's conceded only eleven goals all season. At home City have won by 2+ against Watford, Brighton, and Villa. We've failed to do so against Spurs, Wolves, Southampton, Chelsea, and United. Leicester have not lost by two goals all season. No player has scored more against City under Guardiola than Jamie Vardy. Aguero's back but likely only fit enough for the bench which leaves Jesus up front and he's yet to score at the Etihad all season.

acnumber9

Leicester +1 at 6/4 tomorrow looks good to me. City to win by two goals is a pretty tough ask against a Leicester team that's conceded only eleven goals all season.
A one goal City win beats that bet though.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea

Think pool -1.5 is the correct line. They should win at the least. It’s a massive game for Flamengo but there is a decent quality gulf and tactically it’s set up awfully for them. They are best when you let them have the ball and dictate play and Liverpool will just press them all game and force errors. Can see Liverpool getting big chances from a defender making a loose pass/touch throughout the game.

Would imagine TAA, VVD, Firmino and Mane all come back in. Salah might drop out. Hilal caused Flam a decent amount of trouble and Liverpool quality is 10x Hilal. Be very surprised if -1 isn’t a refund at worst.

GGT

I don't really want to be the to burst your bubble but the odds are 4.5 and you make them 3.0. it will be without doubt that you are wrong.
THe difference in odds you quote , would allow you to refrain from betting until the next round of matches, and still get value, from your perceived odds of 3.0

Wilkohler

Supports
Union Berlin
Dortmund fecked me over once again this season. My fault for thinking they’d win FFS!
I went for Hoffenheim when they were 28/1, because Dortmund had fecked my 11 fold when they drew with Leipzig. They are very inconsistent away from home

Danny Roberts

Think pool -1.5 is the correct line. They should win at the least. It’s a massive game for Flamengo but there is a decent quality gulf and tactically it’s set up awfully for them. They are best when you let them have the ball and dictate play and Liverpool will just press them all game and force errors. Can see Liverpool getting big chances from a defender making a loose pass/touch throughout the game.

Would imagine TAA, VVD, Firmino and Mane all come back in. Salah might drop out. Hilal caused Flam a decent amount of trouble and Liverpool quality is 10x Hilal. Be very surprised if -1 isn’t a refund at worst.
Is that at around evens?

MC89

Supports
Celtic
Livingston 5/6 home to ross County, have 8 players missing due to Noro virus

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Livingston 5/6 home to ross County, have 8 players missing due to Noro virus
Are they confirmed out yet? I was considering betting Ross County +1 if they are all back. Livingston opened 6/5 for the game. Usually in this scenario the players somehow are all back and are fine. Been struggling to find any solid info on the missing players.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Managed a 7/1 win on a 0-0 in the match between Everton and arsenal. Absolute garbage game luckily. Watched the first 25 mins then places the bet.

Also had a 7/1 on cousins to be booked in some match last night, the Boro Stoke match I think.

Someone find me another 7/1 !

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I’m doing only singles from now on player markets, as I have had over 70% hit rate last week but all in accumulators with nothing to show for it.

Tonight I am going for:

Simmons - points, assists and rebounds - over 30.5 @ 1.83
Tobias Harris made threes - over 1.5 @ 2.44
Brook Lopez - points, assists and rebounds - over 16.5 @ 2.10
Richaun Holmes - rebounds - over 6.5 @ 1.75
PJ Tucker - points, assists and rebounds - over 17.5 @ 1.95
CJ McCollum - made threes - over 2.5 @ 1.97

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
I’m doing only singles from now on player markets, as I have had over 70% hit rate last week but all in accumulators with nothing to show for it.

Tonight I am going for:

I am a complete novice when it comes to basketball. I picked 3 of these randomly and did a treble.

Harris 3's O1.5 @ 2.35 (Currently on 2)
Holmes RB's O6.5 @ 1.71 (Currently on 7)
McCollum 3's O2.5 @ 1.62

Treble @ 6.54

Just waiting on McCollum now and as it's the shortest odds it will inevitably be the one to feck me :lol:

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604

Tonight I am going for:

I thought for a while all of these were going to hit but PJ Tucker is having a terrible game looking at the stats.

Sarni

Oh I agree, I was just thinking it was typical of all them to come in when you'd stopped doing the accumulators :lol:
Indeed. :lol:

I had 2/5 the night before but higher odds came through so overall was only -18% last night it seems I got +68%. Planning to do 3-4 bets tonight as there are few games.

Pagh Wraith

Weekend bets:

Everton v Arsenal, Everton -0.25 @ 2.130-0
Newcastle v Palace, Newcastle -0.25 @ 2.091-0
Bristol Rovers v Peterborough, Peterborough -0.5 @ 2.360-0
Burton v Rochdale, Rochdale 0.75 @ 2.163-1
Maidenhead v Barnet, Barnet -0.75 @ 2.451-4
Solihull v Barrow, Barrow -0.25 @ 2.43p.p.
Chorley v Dover, Dover 0 @ 2.141-1
Altrincham v Kidderminster, Altrincham -0.5 @ 1.971-1
Farsley v Leamington, Leamington 0.5 @ 1.962-1
Orleans v Sochaux, Orleans -0.25 @ 2.261-0
Hungerford v Dulwich, Dulwich -0.25 @ 2.011-4
Eastbourne v Bath, Bath 0 @ 2.011-2
Hemel Hempstead v Tonbridge, Tonbridge 0.5 @ 2.151-1
Decent yesterday.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I simply do not understand the betting around United today. 8/11 to beat Watford away. Do bookies even watch us?

Watford DC is the easiest tap in of the season at 11/10.

Berbaclass

Daft treble on Spurs, Juve v Lazio BTTS and over 2.5 and Watford DC @ 9.74

You just know Pearson will pull a result out of this.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I simply do not understand the betting around United today. 8/11 to beat Watford away. Do bookies even watch us?

Watford DC is the easiest tap in of the season at 11/10.
Easy.

Bookies are idiots when it comes to United. Even the City match, I didn't back United but 8/1 in a derby? Madness.

Newcastle are 2/1 double chance on Stephen's Day. Madness again.

Sarni

Tonight:

Porzingis - points - over 21.5 @ 1.97
Jaylen Brown - points - over 18.5 @ 1.77
Dwight Powell - rebounds - over 5.5 @ 1.74
Anunoby - points, rebounds and assists - over 21.5 @ 1.76
Steven Adams - rebounds - over 9.5 @ 1.72

Berbaclass

My god, I took the Miami Dolphins +5 in a treble and it turned from the easiest bet in the world to one fecking tense game :lol:

Sarni

Tonight:

Porzingis - points - over 21.5 @ 1.97
Jaylen Brown - points - over 18.5 @ 1.77
Dwight Powell - rebounds - over 5.5 @ 1.74
Anunoby - points, rebounds and assists - over 21.5 @ 1.76
Steven Adams - rebounds - over 9.5 @ 1.72
feck. Powell easy win and if the game was close then OG and Porzingis would be very comfortable too but now both will probably sit out the final quarter.

Status
Not open for further replies.