Football & Sports Betting Thread 2019/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
@Spiersey @Pagh Wraith thoughts on Madrid at 2/1 tonight v City? I don’t watch La Liga so tough to judge but I think the bookies are overrating City’s chances here tonight, especially when you consider the club’s and Pep’s record in CL knockout games away from home

Pagh Wraith

No comment after yesterday's debacle :wenger:

Joking aside, I don't really have an opinion on it. While City are way off the pace results-wise, their metrics remain unrivalled and bookies continue to rate them stronger than Liverpool in the league. They've had some ridiculous bad luck with not converting golden chances whereas their opponents seem to score anytime they're in front of goal (and City don't allow many shots at all). Just think of the two results vs Spurs this season whom they battered twice and didn't win. Madrid at 2/1 does seem high of course, they're only 2.20 to beat Barcelona at home this weekend.

Ian Reus

Ended 14 years of Grand National sweepstakes
@Spiersey @Pagh Wraith thoughts on Madrid at 2/1 tonight v City? I don’t watch La Liga so tough to judge but I think the bookies are overrating City’s chances here tonight, especially when you consider the club’s and Pep’s record in CL knockout games away from home
Great price for Madrid. I dropped money on it as a single.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Pretty much same thoughts as Pagh. I wouldn't really want to bet either side but would probably favour Madrid at prices. Zidane steadied Madrid a lot. One of the few big games I look forward to so don't want to ruin it by betting a loser :lol:

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
On Braga win small later. No huge edge or anything as it's Europa league but think they're underrated and Gers overrated. Braga were +0.5 away, played out like favourites, could easily have been 4-1 up and crumbled randomly at the end. No striker for rangers either, lineup is set to park the bus. If Braga score early I think it'll be comfortable. Was a really big gulf in football ability, rangers just survived with the atmosphere basically.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
No comment after yesterday's debacle :wenger:

Joking aside, I don't really have an opinion on it. While City are way off the pace results-wise, their metrics remain unrivalled and bookies continue to rate them stronger than Liverpool in the league. They've had some ridiculous bad luck with not converting golden chances whereas their opponents seem to score anytime they're in front of goal (and City don't allow many shots at all). Just think of the two results vs Spurs this season whom they battered twice and didn't win. Madrid at 2/1 does seem high of course, they're only 2.20 to beat Barcelona at home this weekend.
Pretty much same thoughts as Pagh. I wouldn't really want to bet either side but would probably favour Madrid at prices. Zidane steadied Madrid a lot. One of the few big games I look forward to so don't want to ruin it by betting a loser :lol:
Cheers guys. I’ve already backed Madrid to progress so I’ll probably just have a small stake on a Madrid win as a consolation if City do indeed lose. Madrid definitely worth backing though in my view. City just too suspect in these kind of games. My only optimism is that we have been missing a lot of chances and we’re due a game where we are ruthless. If we turn up tonight in front of goal I’d be very confident that we’d outscore Madrid by virtue of creating more chances.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
On Braga win small later. No huge edge or anything as it's Europa league but think they're underrated and Gers overrated. Braga were +0.5 away, played out like favourites, could easily have been 4-1 up and crumbled randomly at the end. No striker for rangers either, lineup is set to park the bus. If Braga score early I think it'll be comfortable. Was a really big gulf in football ability, rangers just survived with the atmosphere basically.
Now I'm worried: i went on DC Rangers (small punt though) :nervous:

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Both of us thinking our own countries teams are poor :D
Braga changed the system for this game, though. Even though most bookies show them using 4x4x2, they are actually playing a 4x2x3x1 with Horta playing in the hole. Funny thing is they become a 4x4x2 / 4x4x1x1 while defending because Esgaio is a defensive minded winger and Horta + Trincão will take turns on roles.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Braga changed the system for this game, though. Even though most bookies show them using 4x4x2, they are actually playing a 4x2x3x1 with Horta playing in the hole. Funny thing is they become a 4x4x2 / 4x4x1x1 while defending because Esgaio is a defensive minded winger and Horta + Trincão will take turns on roles.
You're on the right side so far, Braga been poor. Gers no real quality up top though, think they'd have scored with Morelos. Thought Braga would play much better than they have. Somehow both sides have been much better away.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Lost, not sure I've seen a worse performance from a team this year. No-one could pass entire match bar Trincao, 5 yard passes going straight to opposition. They completely bottled it.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
On Liverpool Montevideo -1.25 and -1.5 tomorrow v Llaneros @1.7+ and 1.9+

Was on Liverpool in reverse leg, should have been 5-0 up at HT and played score 2nd half. Llaneros went bust, lost almost all their players and relegated to 2nd division. South Americans love playing the Agg score which is the worry but if it was first leg, it would be 4/5-0 most of the time.
5-0 FT, really nice bet, was worried they'd mess about early on but tried properly until it was 3-0. Llaneros aren't footballers, defence was so poor. Annoying they are out now, would have been nice to oppose them again.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
5-0 FT, really nice bet, was worried they'd mess about early on but tried properly until it was 3-0. Llaneros aren't footballers, defence was so poor. Annoying they are out now, would have been nice to oppose them again.
You should be named Mr. Fantastip. This was my larger stake of the day. Great job!

Danny Roberts

Lost, not sure I've seen a worse performance from a team this year. No-one could pass entire match bar Trincao, 5 yard passes going straight to opposition. They completely bottled it.
Yeah, I was on Braga but thought Rangers played well to be fair to them. Think the first leg was quite misleading.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
GameChoiceReasoningOutcome
Braga - RangersDC Ranges @2.05 (small punt)After what I saw in Ibrox, I can see Rangers causing troubles to Braga. But beware, because Braga is a very strong team at their home ground.:)
Lyon - JuventusBTTS @2.00Seems reasonable looking at both teams result. Juve form away from home has been far from good and Lyon is a very strong offensive force.:mad:
Real Madrid - Man CityReal to win @2.94 (small punt)The odd is very good and Madrid usually man-up in this kind of matches.:mad:
New York - San CarlosNew York HT/FT @2.25I really have the gut on this, unless they put the foot off the gas.:)
Oslo - Ham KamOver 3.5 @2.10Nordic friendlies are usually more a hit than a miss on goals:)
Flekkeroy - Jerv
Lunds - Trelleborgs
Jerv & Trelleborgs to win @2.44 (small punt)both are better teams, but it's a friendly:mad:
Liverpool M - LlanerosLiverpool -1.5following Spiersey tip :):)
Struff - BasilasvhiliBasilashvili +3.5 @1,87(small punt)The georgian is in poor shape, but he has a good history against Struff.:mad:
Djokovic - KohlschreiberOver 18 @1,77 (small punt)Kohlschreiber can be a pain in the butt if he's concentrated. He can make any player a good run for the money if he starts well.:mad:
Barrios - DellienBarrios @2.68 (small punt)Home crowd can motivate this fella.:mad:
Kwon - LajovicKown @2.00 (small punt)The young tennis player motivation might give him an edge in this game (or not):)
Well, recoverd from yesterday loss. The games who I had more stakes ( @Spiersey tip of Liverpool and the New York) went well, but could had gone wrong at the NY game, because they only won 1-0, but as they scored before HT things kept rolling. Got a 45.45% hit rate which usually is the percentage I need to recover, since I usually only pick odds from 1.75 to above. Ended the day with 14.95€

muller

On a roll, well done mate. I ended up putting a couple of alternative bet on as the lines originally proposed were terrible odds on 365 when I managed to get them.

I did a bit more digging as the odds were moving quickly, Liverpool were 1.5 to win when opened and then when all other bet options came online, they were 1.16. So, instead I bet over 3.5 goals at 1.95, and was offered a cash out of 95% after they scored their second really early on. So I cashed out and put my original stake (a whopping £5) on final score 5-0 @ 6.5.

Obviously gave up on it when it was 3-0 after 85, but carried on watching and had to stifle the cheer when the 5th went in!

I only ever bet small amounts anyway, but I am obviously getting an extra hash brown and extra bacon in my roll this morning!

Danny Roberts

On a roll, well done mate. I ended up putting a couple of alternative bet on as the lines originally proposed were terrible odds on 365 when I managed to get them.

I did a bit more digging as the odds were moving quickly, Liverpool were 1.5 to win when opened and then when all other bet options came online, they were 1.16. So, instead I bet over 3.5 goals at 1.95, and was offered a cash out of 95% after they scored their second really early on. So I cashed out and put my original stake (a whopping £5) on final score 5-0 @ 6.5.

Obviously gave up on it when it was 3-0 after 85, but carried on watching and had to stifle the cheer when the 5th went in!

I only ever bet small amounts anyway, but I am obviously getting an extra hash brown and extra bacon in my roll this morning!
You're having a sandwich with a hash brown in it? "Extra", so two (or more) hash browns in fact? Madness.

M15 Red.

Al Sadd vs Al Arabi. Al Sadd HT/FT @1.8.

Like the look of this one today provided Al Sadd go strong (AFC game on Tuesday the slight concern although the opponents look weak) but if Afif & Bounedjah both start this afternoon for Al Sadd then I'm confident this should land. Bounedjah in particular has a great record vs Al Arabi with 10 goals in his last 3 games against them. The bet has landed at home vs Al Arabi in all home games going back to 2015 and in all but one away game so the trends are strong. The most recent meeting in January ended 6-1 with Al Sadd playing away on that occasion (3-1 ht) but still running out comfortable winners. Will check team news later but all being well I think this one offers some value.

Last edited:

M15 Red.

Actually, this morning it was a Brioche Roll. 3 bits of bacon. 2 hash brown. :drool:
2 hash browns myself this morning, but with beans, mushrooms and toast. Gave up the bacon (and all meat & dairy) in December. It's still absolutely killing me.

M15 Red.

Took HT/FT on this @1.72 as no Asian was available on 365 at the time but once it opened it went into 1.36 for the same line so thanks for that.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica

Like the look of this one today provided Al Sadd go strong (AFC game on Tuesday the slight concern although the opponents look weak) but if Afif & Bounedjah both start this afternoon for Al Sadd then I'm confident this should land. Bounedjah in particular has a great record vs Al Arabi with 10 goals in his last 3 games against them. The bet has landed at home vs Al Arabi in all home games going back to 2015 and in all but one away game so the trends are strong. The most recent meeting in January ended 6-1 with Al Sadd playing away on that occasion (3-1 ht) but still running out comfortable winners. Will check team news later but all being well I think this one offers some value.
Got it @ 1.77

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
At Euroleague:

Bayern odd at Zenit home is very good @3.00, risky though. But Zenit have lost to opponents weaker than Bayern at home this season, so I advise a small punt.

Bayern form is not good either, but they had beat Zenit relatively easy at their home. It's a game that will get messy for sure.

But the AH+5.5 @1.98 is quite tempting.

muller

Jumped on at 1.75. Both those players start.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm

+1
But HT/FT is priced at 1,51 at speedybet.
So i took Al Sadd to win both halves at 2,15 instead

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Al Sadd 1 - 0 Al Arabi HT

Now they just need to score some more at 2nd half so everyone on this topic stays happy.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Malmo DC odd is quite decent, if you bare in mind how difficult it was for Wolfsburg at Germany.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
At Euroleague:

Bayern odd at Zenit home is very good @3.00, risky though. But Zenit have lost to opponents weaker than Bayern at home this season, so I advise a small punt.

Bayern form is not good either, but they had beat Zenit relatively easy at their home. It's a game that will get messy for sure.

But the AH+5.5 @1.98 is quite tempting.
Zenit 68 - 77 Bayern. Double win!

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
A double

Arsenal - Olympiacos - Arsenal (-1)
Man Utd - Club Brügge Man Utd (-1)

@5,80

Big Andy

Bloke
I won £37.13 on a bet builder on United. Cashed it out at 4-0. Put the £7.13 on a 5th united goal, but cashed it out for £2.78 about 15 seconds before Fred bagged the 5th

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Sydney FC - WS Wanderers: Sydney FC to win @1.94
Real Sociedad - Valladolid: over 2.5 @1.88 seems decently priced.
At futsal spanish league, El Pozo odd @2.02 has it's value, while Levante has a very good chance to beat Valdpenas @2,45 (small punt). Bare in mind that spanish futsal league is highly competitive.

Thoughts?

muller

Sydney FC - WS Wanderers: Sydney FC to win @1.94
Real Sociedad - Valladolid: over 2.5 @1.88 seems decently priced.
At futsal spanish league, El Pozo odd @2.02 has it's value, while Levante has a very good chance to beat Valdpenas @2,45 (small punt). Bare in mind that spanish futsal league is highly competitive.

Thoughts?
Sydney should be about 4 up, so now at 2.3, if the second is like the first then it should only be a matter of time.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Sydney should be about 4 up, so now at 2.3, if the second is like the first then it should only be a matter of time.
They made a very decent first half, should had scored once at least. Let's hope they don't bottle it.

Status
Not open for further replies.