Football & Sports Betting Thread 2019/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

muller

On Yangon Win tomorrow in AFC @2.2. Think 1.7ish is fair. Yangon are the only Myanmar side that don't fix in this comp, they're a good side. Watched their games so far, had a great 2-2 draw v Ho Chi who are very strong. Ho Chi started great but Yangon better side after that. Beat Lao 3-2, was deserved (despite Lao conceding the 3rd on purpose). Hougang are much weaker this season than last, lost their best player. Plazibat the only threat for them nowadays. Hougang beat Lao 3-1, but Lao were the much better team, should have been 2/3-0 Lao but Hougang scored 2 complete freak screamers () and then Lao fixed to concede a 3rd again. Fair score was probably 2-0 Lao. Ho Chi completely dominated Hougang, they were 3-0 up and cruising, took their foot off and it went back to 3-2.

Nice comparison last year with Yangon v Tampines. Yangon were 1.7 to win at home, was probably too short though (lost 3-1, but they played really poorly). Tampines are a decent bit better than the Hougang side this season, think 1.7/8 is fair for win
Put a quid on and joined - then I watched the last 20.

• Great tip, as per
  • Was this match fixed or was the defending for the goal really that bad?!

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Put a quid on and joined - then I watched the last 20.

• Great tip, as per
  • Was this match fixed or was the defending for the goal really that bad?!
Nah no fixing, both teams are legit. Hougang just really poor, probably the worst performance I've ever seen from them.

Hougang almost cost the bet by being too bad. They barely left their half entire game, Yangon more suited to countering teams instead of breaking teams down, didn't expect it to be near as one sided. Miracle it didn't go 2-0 in injury time too, was two misses from basically on the line.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Lao and Shan will fix later on in AFC, both games will more than likely have a late goal. I'll update if I stake anything in those. Both + handicaps are value given they are only fixing overs this year (compared to deliberately losing by a few last couple years) but no real interest in staking them.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
On Yangon Win tomorrow in AFC @2.2. Think 1.7ish is fair. Yangon are the only Myanmar side that don't fix in this comp, they're a good side. Watched their games so far, had a great 2-2 draw v Ho Chi who are very strong. Ho Chi started great but Yangon better side after that. Beat Lao 3-2, was deserved (despite Lao conceding the 3rd on purpose). Hougang are much weaker this season than last, lost their best player. Plazibat the only threat for them nowadays. Hougang beat Lao 3-1, but Lao were the much better team, should have been 2/3-0 Lao but Hougang scored 2 complete freak screamers () and then Lao fixed to concede a 3rd again. Fair score was probably 2-0 Lao. Ho Chi completely dominated Hougang, they were 3-0 up and cruising, took their foot off and it went back to 3-2.

Nice comparison last year with Yangon v Tampines. Yangon were 1.7 to win at home, was probably too short though (lost 3-1, but they played really poorly). Tampines are a decent bit better than the Hougang side this season, think 1.7/8 is fair for win
Never in doubt

Havak

Pokemon master
It's a 16 horse race, and you get 1/5 the odds for a place if you bet each way. Normally they'd only pay place returns for 1st, 2nd and 3rd in this type of race but they are paying 7 places on this race, so betting each way on every single horse will guarantee that you not only back the winner, but you also get paid out at 1/5 the odds on 6 of the remaining 15 horses too.
Is there really no way this can lose money? What kind of stakes are you going for / what do you expect to make profit-wise?

Pagh Wraith

Dortmund v Schalke and Gladbach v Köln (tomorrow) confirmed behind closed doors. Hardly any price movement though.

The other matches in Germany simply have to follow suit. It was madness to have 50,000 people at the Stuttgart game last night.

Marty1968

Is there really no way this can lose money? What kind of stakes are you going for / what do you expect to make profit-wise?
Looking at it you'd probably need a couple of 20/1+ shots coming in the places. If the 7 favourites filled those places i'm not sure it would win much just looking at the odds...

shaky

I'm staking more on the shorter priced horses and less on the larger priced ones. Might lose a small amount if the worst case scenario happens and favourite wins and next 6 shortest priced horses are all placed but that would be fairly unlikely. I'm not expecting to make a fortune, just trying to steal a free 20% or so. A few big priced places or winner would be great though.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Lao and Shan will fix later on in AFC, both games will more than likely have a late goal. I'll update if I stake anything in those. Both + handicaps are value given they are only fixing overs this year (compared to deliberately losing by a few last couple years) but no real interest in staking them.
Not sure either going to fix if they stay draws. Wish I just bet both +s, both were far too big unless they deliberately conceded 3.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica

Homerun!

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Like clockwork. Didn’t stake anything though.

Pretty sure Tampines fixed to concede v Shan. Never seen a Singapore side fix before but final 5 was very suspicious.

muller

After 1 race at cheltenham.. My dreams are over.. Ish. various different bets and always EW - horses in bets finished 2md and 4th.. just need the other 6 to place and i'll be laughing.. haha!

Danny Roberts

After 1 race at cheltenham.. My dreams are over.. Ish. various different bets and always EW - horses in bets finished 2md and 4th.. just need the other 6 to place and i'll be laughing.. haha!
I hear ya. Switched at the last minute from the horse that won to the one that finished 4th.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
On Lyon u19s +0.75 @1.8 later today. Lyon are an odd team, on paper they are incredible but in reality they don't play near as well as they should so only on small. I had Atalanta win down as being a bet at 1.8 initially but Cherki and Gouri both going to be playing for Lyon. Cherki been lazy at u19s this season unfortunately but think he has a point to prove today as he's been sent back to the reserves from first team. Game will behind closed doors so negates home advantage a bit. Atalanta been in poor form recently in Primavera, think it'll be a pretty close game. If it was the first game of the competition and based purely on squads I'd have Lyon probably 1.8 to win. Lyon +0.25 fair line for me.

2-1 down at HT. Could easily be 3-3 at ht, game is completely mental. Not overly optimistic about the bet though, Lyon much more dominant side but defensive line is on the half way line and looks a mess. Counter is on massively for Atalanta every time. Really need it to go 2-2 to have a chance. Game can end any score.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
2-1 down at HT. Could easily be 3-3 at ht, game is completely mental. Not overly optimistic about the bet though, Lyon much more dominant side but defensive line is on the half way line and looks a mess. Counter is on massively for Atalanta every time. Really need it to go 2-2 to have a chance. Game can end any score.
Im on Lyon+0.5 and over 4.5. Yes, I'm a greedy bastard.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Strange... was expecting to get Lyon +0.5 and fail on over 4.5 and it's happening the exact opposite.

Edit: this Roberto Picolli seems a decent prospect for the future. Not outstanding, but I think he can become a very efficient target man with mobility type of striker.

Marty1968

Good start to proceedings at Cheltenham so far.

Abacadabras 2nd in the first
Fakir D'Oudairies 2nd in the second
The Conditional wins 3rd, plus Vinndication 4th
and Epatante wins the 4th race.

muller

After 4 races.. I am still in my 7 fold as all have placed or won - but now max i can get is £67 rather than the 20k i was eyeing..

Also still in a Trixie with Forza Milan having to finish in the top 5 for a £70 win.. (or i cash out for £30 now, or win about £10 if it doesn't place).

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
On Lyon u19s +0.75 @1.8 later today. Lyon are an odd team, on paper they are incredible but in reality they don't play near as well as they should so only on small. I had Atalanta win down as being a bet at 1.8 initially but Cherki and Gouri both going to be playing for Lyon. Cherki been lazy at u19s this season unfortunately but think he has a point to prove today as he's been sent back to the reserves from first team. Game will behind closed doors so negates home advantage a bit. Atalanta been in poor form recently in Primavera, think it'll be a pretty close game. If it was the first game of the competition and based purely on squads I'd have Lyon probably 1.8 to win. Lyon +0.25 fair line for me.
Won, Cherki goal last kick for 3-3. Great goal. Bet was good overall, Atalanta 3rd wasn't over the line I think. Was pretty fortunate to pull it back from 2-0 but overall an even game.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Strange... was expecting to get Lyon +0.5 and fail on over 4.5 and it's happening the exact opposite.

Edit: this Roberto Picolli seems a decent prospect for the future. Not outstanding, but I think he can become a very efficient target man with mobility type of striker.
Picolli a decent talent yup, he's the standout player for me for them this year. I've only watched them in the league probably 5 times this season so not sure if he stands out normally.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Won, Cherki goal last kick for 3-3. Great goal. Bet was good overall, Atalanta 3rd wasn't over the line I think. Was pretty fortunate to pull it back from 2-0 but overall an even game.
Mods, give this man the keys of the forum. Managed to make Lyon +0.5 and Over 4.5 :D

mad1max954

favorite in the next surely but not point going near it at those odds! Had a decent day so far, which is always nice!

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Would have had 3/3 today but haven’t had a bet at Cheltenham. Shishkin, Epatante and now Honeysuckle. Guaranteed I’ll have a shocker tomorrow when I put money on.

MC89

Supports
Celtic
So so disappointed with BDD getting beat, I really am thought her n paisley park were the 2 absalute bankers, hopefully Springfield Fox can do me a turn.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Lietkabelis managed to win the 1Q against Zaragoza and is actually leading the game by a 12 point margin which makes them go through. I doubt Zaragoza will win this, but they surely need to fight to recover point. I do think Zaragoza on AH+X handicaps will get it's worth simply because they have more depth in their roster.

weizxx

Lietkabelis managed to win the 1Q against Zaragoza and is actually leading the game by a 12 point margin which makes them go through. I doubt Zaragoza will win this, but they surely need to fight to recover point. I do think Zaragoza on AH+X handicaps will get it's worth simply because they have more depth in their roster.
Thank you mate, very nice tips.

muller

Up 40 for the day.. if forza Milan finished 3rd it would have been a Up £140.. ergh!

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Have a feeling spurs Will somehow bounce back and get a result tonight, or atleast a draw.
Therefore I am going big on

Tottenham (Asian +1) @ 2,05

Starting XI looks strong and attacking: Lloris, Aurier, Alderweireld, Dier, Tanganga, Sessegnon, Winks, Lo Celso, Lamela, Lucas, Dele

Leipzig playing second string back 3 except for Upamecano

Last edited:

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Have a feeling spurs Will somehow bounce back and get a result tonight, or atleast a draw.

Starting XI looks strong and attacking: Lloris, Aurier, Alderweireld, Dier, Tanganga, Sessegnon, Winks, Lo Celso, Lamela, Lucas, Dele

This is like watching United under Mourinho all over again. Haha what a shit show. Spurs dont know what to do in the final third. Clueless in attack like they never seen a ball before

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget

That's their regular back 3.

Withnail

RB Leipzig HT/FT @3.08: pretty confident it will happen
Lietkabelis - Zaragoza: Lietkableis 1Q @2.15: the Lithuanians need to recover the point gap, but in the end of the day they are playing against an ACB team.
Bonn - AEK Athens: I'm gonna risk a punt on Bonn+3.5 @1.96: The greeks are better, but I think the german team can have a word to say.
Good call on Leipzig... Followed you on that. Thanks!

mad1max954

Any thought on day 2? I’m on the fav envoi Allen in the first, shite odds but it’s the ‘banker of the festival’ according to RP

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
https://www.oddschecker.com/football/europa-league/inter-v-getafe/to-qualify

Inter to qualify worth a bet at 4/5 I'd say. Getafe refusing to travel to Italy, owner said they're fine forfeiting the game etc if need be. Knowing how ridiculous UEFA are I wouldn't be surprised if it's given as a 3-0 win to Inter first leg. Worth the risk, doubt it's a bad bet even if both legs played.

Status
Not open for further replies.