Football & Sports Betting Thread 2019/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

ROFLUTION

After Everton's gung-ho game today, I see value in Everton v Soton: Over 2.5 goals @ 2.15

Marco Silva just doesn't shut up shop, Richarlison is on fire, and Southampton has looked to concede a lot in pre-season, still looking for a formula. I reckon its 50/50 whether it's a winner, so good value there.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Ajax drawing at home to Heracles cost me £3500. Weirdly enough the last time they played Heracles at home in April that cost me £2000

I hate Heracles :lol:

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Generally avoiding opening day as it's too unpredictable.

For next weeekend:

Man City -1.5
Man Utd

Around 2.5/1

Wayne's World

Interesting one! Would this have cashed last season?
I'm sure (not 100%) that Liverpool drew 0-0 v Palace or Stoke last season. Don't remember City having a 0-0 at all though

EDIT: Just checked there and Liverpool did draw 0-0 against Stoke at Anfield and surprisingly City drew 0-0 with Huddlesfield which I didn't remember at home.

Jagga7

Liverpool -1.5,-2 @1.77, unfortunately I think the dippers have a strong team vs year and I don't see West Ham causing them much problems.

Jagga7

Liverpool -1.5,-2 @1.77, unfortunately I think the dippers have a strong team vs year and I don't see West Ham causing them much problems.
Easy win there. Back in black for the season! City @1.85 seems like a very likely winner.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Forgot to bet on City to win before kickoff. :(
Won correct score 0-2 though!

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Great day for betting today. Everything I picked pretty much won. Recouped everything I lost yesterday which is nice.

Got pretty unlucky yesterday, Boro only winning 1-0 yesterday let me down for £3500 and then Ajax drawing for another £3000 Would say I got pretty lucky today. Sevilla missing that penalty to equalise in the 91st minute :eek:

Had a 6 of: Liverpool, City, Rangers, Lyon, Barca and Nadal.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
I guessed 8 out of 9 correct results in the prem this weekend. A free £2 bet returned £1850 and the only game that let me down was Fulham not drawing against palace :(.

Marty1968

A nice couple of winners for me this weekend. Tiny £2 bet which returned 66 thanks to a Villa 94th minute winner. Leeds helped to bump the odds....can't believe they were 12/5 away to Derby. Leeds looked excellent and as long as they stay a 'happy ship' can see them winning the Championship this year.

Then yesterday an 11/1 with Liverpool, rangers, city, sou/burn draw and Lyon.

Also looking forward to the NFL season and did a request a bet for Vikings/Chargers/Eagles/Texans and Steelers all to make the playoffs at 9/2.

Any midweek tips out there?

Slevs

Stupid bet of the week

Man Utd, Juve, Milan, Inter, Barca -1.5, Real Madrid, PSG, Bayern, Salzburg, Feyenoord, Sporting, Porto all to win

28/1

Stuck a river

Marty1968

Stupid bet of the week

Man Utd, Juve, Milan, Inter, Barca -1.5, Real Madrid, PSG, Bayern, Salzburg, Feyenoord, Sporting, Porto all to win

28/1

Stuck a river
Feyenoord are absolutely hopeless at the moment! Take them out if you can!!

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
I'm quitting. Just losing money and my mind.

Only weekly accumulators with minuscule stakes with odds per day of around 2. If they win, great, if not, feck it, will lose a equivalent of pound or two per week.

Or, if anyone has some tips about discipline, and maintaining of the same, would be nice to read.

Slevs

Goddamn it. Was gonna put athletico +1.5 pre game but decided to take a quick shower instead.

ROFLUTION

I'm quitting. Just losing money and my mind.

Only weekly accumulators with minuscule stakes with odds per day of around 2. If they win, great, if not, feck it, will lose a equivalent of pound or two per week.

Or, if anyone has some tips about discipline, and maintaining of the same, would be nice to read.
Accas are probably fun (not to me), but the bookies just LOOOOOVE it when people play accas. It's a fast way to lose more bets if one goes wrong.

If I were you, I'd look to find valuebets and good money management. Define an initial bankroll you have and only play around 3% of that bankroll pr game.

If you pick value-bets (Where the value is over 100%) you will in the long run win money. For a normal bet there will probably be around 93-95% value in it, (the last 5-7% goes to the bookies).. If you do accas, the value is way further down.. 90% probably. Guaranteed to lose money in the long run.

Value-betting takes some discipline and converting of odds, but it's a healthy exercise if you don't want to lose money. I can go some more in depth if you're really interested..

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
Accas are probably fun (not to me), but the bookies just LOOOOOVE it when people play accas. It's a fast way to lose more bets if one goes wrong.

If I were you, I'd look to find valuebets and good money management. Define an initial bankroll you have and only play around 3% of that bankroll pr game.

If you pick value-bets (Where the value is over 100%) you will in the long run win money. For a normal bet there will probably be around 93-95% value in it, (the last 5-7% goes to the bookies).. If you do accas, the value is way further down.. 90% probably. Guaranteed to lose money in the long run.

Value-betting takes some discipline and converting of odds, but it's a healthy exercise if you don't want to lose money. I can go some more in depth if you're really interested..

I don't plan on doing *normal* accas, what I mentioned are one or two with matches from the whole week, but with odds of around two per day...so it comes to some 64-128 odds at the end of the week. Can't get more casual than that. :cool:

And I had some nice systems, but that discipline always screws me up. I mean, the absence of it! :nervous:

Can't stick to a plan. It really sucks and leads to losses. Will have to pump my will up somehow.

Does army still teaches discipline?

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
Guess one thing that could help me and others in similar positions is to empty the online betting accounts, and to use only local betting shops (not sure if that's correct english word for it). Online is so easy to lose quickly, just a press of a button. But this way, I'd have to get up from my arse and walk some before I lose the next bet. And I definitely wont be going there multiple times per day.

Hrmm, that just might be wise indeed.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Guess one thing that could help me and others in similar positions is to empty the online betting accounts, and to use only local betting shops (not sure if that's correct english word for it). Online is so easy to lose quickly, just a press of a button. But this way, I'd have to get up from my arse and walk some before I lose the next bet. And I definitely wont be going there multiple times per day.

My limit is £5 a week. If i lose that ill whack another £5 on and if that loses akip the following week. I try and double it to £10 and then £20 and then go from there. Maximum a month i allow myself to lose is probably £20-25 and normally i get to £80-100 balance before i lose it all on a couple of £50 bets trying to get even higher, like a rolling acca.

Verified Bird Expert
Scout

Try recording your bets. Write them down or put them on a spreadsheet, and aim to be ahead at the end of the month/quarter/year. You'll become more wary of losses and cut out some of the dumb 'accas' where you end up with the success of a complex bet depending on it's weakest component.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
My limit is £5 a week. If i lose that ill whack another £5 on and if that loses akip the following week. I try and double it to £10 and then £20 and then go from there. Maximum a month i allow myself to lose is probably £20-25 and normally i get to £80-100 balance before i lose it all on a couple of £50 bets trying to get even higher, like a rolling acca.
Exactly the same for me , I actually think of betting as like going to the cinema so it's a mean of entertainment for which I pay a certain amount every month. I bet on a lot of sports events just to be involved

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Shame about Feyenoord as I only missed them on my coupon that could have won me €500. Zenit, Bordeaux, Cluj, Steaua, Midtjylland, Maccabi, Rapid, Rosenberg all won and even Brøndby got a very late winner after being down to 10 men for majority of the game.

It’s my own fault because if I had done any research I would have known Feyenoord have been hopeless this season. I’m playing for fun now though as after tremendous World Cup I cannot put significant money on anything.

JonDahl

I’m playing for fun now though as after tremendous World Cup I cannot put significant money on anything.
What did you win during the World Cup (if you don’t mind me asking)?

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
What did you win during the World Cup (if you don’t mind me asking)?
Ca. €2K from a €500 bet (8500 PLN from 2000 PLN + 300 PLN leverage when England played Panama).

Status
Not open for further replies.